Alien : Isolation and The Evil Within

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Neuro

Alien : Isolation and The Evil Within

Post by Neuro »

both of these horror/ survival horror games are reallllly good

if you havent checked these out and you are in to these type of games you are really missing out

i'll tell a bit about each game later i just wanted to make a quick post to see if any heads have been playin them

Tommy Bunz

Re: Alien : Isolation and The Evil Within

Post by Tommy Bunz »

All the reviews of Alien Isolation being a hiding-in-a-locker simulator have me completely disinterested.
Also I seriously distrust your taste in survival horror after your praise of Resident Evil 6 :lol: worst fucking game ever

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

resident evil 6 is not survival horror . but i really like it for what it is and its re themes, its a great game

evil within is straight up a new re4 type game

and alien isolation is Superb, and fucking great for an alien game, atmosphere is top notch

ill type more later i gotta go

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

I wanted to get Isolation, but it got shit reviews.
The Evil Within has potential as the people involved with it are good. I watched gameplay and I honestly can say, its too fricking scary for me. I ain't fucking with it.

im curious about the Sherlock Holmes game tho...but again, reviews are prolly gonna be shit.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

alien isolation got great reviews actually, the only spots that gave it a low score was ign and gamespot, Everywhere else gave it high scores

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

Neuro wrote:alien isolation got great reviews actually, the only spots that gave it a low score was ign and gamespot, Everywhere else gave it high scores
oh really? NIce, would like to see them. you gotta link?

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Go to Metacritic.com. It collects reviews from everywhere and provides links.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

everything i wanna say about Alien is probally in this long in-depth review, one of the best reviews for the game ive seen if you wanna check it

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Evil Within is RUTHLESS and all around great horror/ survival horror, its everything great about horror all wrapped up in one great surreal mindfuck of a game

im on the last level right now , shits hard as fuck

ive had so many WTF moments in this game, good WTF's, so much crazyness

so much beautiful haunting atmosphere

i think level select and new game+ unlocks when you beat the game, looking forward to replaying this right away

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

ok...i went for it on the ALIEN Isolation review posted above...Am Glad I did...THanks Neuro!

SO this game is SCARY AF! Serious. I really can't play this alone or in the dark...its just too damn tense...

You have to give it up for the LIGHTING and how well they captured the NOSTROMO style space ship...

Beyond that, the most intense aspect of this game is the SOUND EFFECTS coupled with the soundtrack.

Serious goose bumps...

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

the game is amazing and organic as fuck

i have been taking my sweet time on my second playthrough amonst playing other games

and within this playthrough ive just been fuckin around trying different stuff to survive, even if i know it will get me caught/killed, and its an absolute blast, so many shocking moments, close encounters and WHATTHEFUCKS

it really is good , and i say, one of a kind game

now i wish an Aliens Colonial Marines type game could be made but high quality, i'd love a shoot em up aliens game if done right

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

Neuro man. Still creeping along in this game crouch mode the whole way. Sooo Freaking scary.
I just grabbed the Medkit and am trying to get back to that lawyer chic who got injured when trying to board.
Holy Hell dude. I seriously haven't had this much fun in a video game in a long time.

Honestly tho, I have had to watch some Walkthroughs on Youtube to help me out in some spots. Have you watched any? Im watching this dude RADBRAD. He kinda funny but at times not that helpful.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

i played through a second time, i put it on easy so i could be a bit more loose, and its still super intense at times but a bit more enjoyable for the 2nd round

it really is an excellent game

towards the "end" of the game you keep thinking its going to end but it just keeps going and going and does it ....end?

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

neuro have you grabbed any of the DLC? Looks like they have quite a bit to download.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

i scooped the season pass when it was on sale for like 6 bucks or something, its pretty cool they are just lil survival levels with side objectives , try to see how fast you can run through type deal

but there a couple from the Original Alien movie that are the must haves