Pokemon

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

ThaJim2

Pokemon

Post by ThaJim2 »

I know some of you cats had to play these games so school me on them. I am thinking of getting a 3DS basically just to play these Pokemons and SSB.

ric

Re: Pokemon

Post by ric »

I have played some pokemon just to see what the nonsense is about. I don't know how they've evolved the franchise in the past many years but I will say that going through the trouble to level up pokes that start out horrible is often worth it. like in the old pokes there's a fish that you can catch whose sole move is called 'splash' which does nothing but increase fire resistance. and this poke sucks balls for like 3 long evolutions but on the final evolution it's like a top 5 poke in the game.

but it's almost like you have to cheat and rely on the online poke codex websites because there are also pokes that start out sucky and never get better like ever

None

Post by None »

ThaJim2 wrote:I know some of you cats had to play these games so school me on them. I am thinking of getting a 3DS basically just to play these Pokemons and SSB.
Pokemon X/Y was a smart transition for the series. It refined the core gameplay elements, finally made a good looking 3D game, and made it a very definitive experience. Adding in online Pokemon trades and network features was a shrewd and needed move. I go through phases with the series (90s nostalgia hipsterism at its finest), I skip it for years because once you've played one, you're good for at least the next two installments. They often do iterative/ re-releases (the new ones) in between major installments. The next game they do likely be worth checking out again.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

I won't front, I'm on board since the original 151 / Red & Blue games. Back in '98, I was ten, it was literally all kids could think of around here. Watched the anime, collected the cards and of course played the games. I stopped playing them games around the third generation and lost track, but I rediscovered it when X&Y hit. The games have gotten better and to my suprise, there's a huge competative crowd who plays the franchise on online simulators (check Pokemon Showdown).

I still on occasion enjoy the games, but the lack of growth in subject matter and Gamefreak's refusal to really spice up the franchise and make it appeal more to mature audience is a bit of a turnoff at times.

I won't ever admit to this in real life, though.