Uncharted 4

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Tommy Bunz

Uncharted 4

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Want this NOW. Gameworld looks a lot larger/less linear. Grappling hook should be fun.

darkwingduck

Re: Uncharted 4

Post by darkwingduck »

i never played any of these...looks like ill start with this one.

None

Post by None »

It looks insane. I like the trend of showing long form gameplay to tease stuff (running [presumably] on the actual hardware), it helps curb unrealistic expectations or misinformation. I love how Crystal Dynamic's reboot of Tomb Raider borrowed heavily from Uncharted (a series that took inspiration in many ways from the older Tomb Raider games) and now it is borrowing back from that. It'll be interesting to see what Rise of the Tomb Raider actually is, and if it can even compete with what Naughty Dog is doing with this.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Co-sign all of that, especially how this is a better way to promote games. I watched all 15 minutes of it and didn't realize how long it was til it was over.
If this really is Naughty Dog's swan song for this series, I'm sure it will blow the new Tomb Raider out of the water.
And Darkwing, you really should go back and play the first 3 games of the series.

Hush

Post by Hush »

darkwingduck wrote:i never played any of these...looks like ill start with this one.
If you have the means (a PS3) you should play the first 3 while you wait for this new one to drop. They are amazing games!

Hush

Post by Hush »

I'm rolling with the Xbox One for now but I imagine if they ever bundle this with a PS4, I'll cop that.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I liked 1 a lot, loved 2, but I didn't really enjoy 3 and it was the only one of the games I didn't finish. I'll probably have a PS4 by the time this comes out, so I'll almost certainly pick this up though.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

destructible environments are a nice touch

Hush

Post by Hush »

Saw that they are doing an HD collection for UC 1, 2, and 3.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

coming out next week

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Had mine preordered since last year. Need to make sure I finish Ratchet & Clank before it arrives. Girlfriend is going to get mad butthurt about me not spending time with her.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Had mine preordered since last year. Need to make sure I finish Ratchet & Clank before it arrives. Girlfriend is going to get mad butthurt about me not spending time with her.
:rofl: :rofl:

it's cool man, we are in electric relaxation, no need to lie for your friends :copy:
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Go be a faggot elsewhere or you won't be posting in ER at all

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Should be in the mail when I get home tonight, can't wait.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Played through the first 6 chapters so far, pretty amazing. Its almost hard to believe that a video game could ever look this good, the graphics are by far the best I've ever seen. My girl thought I was watching a movie when she came over last night. I could spend hours just swimming around in the scuba diving segment.
And the acting/direction here is better than most movies.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

I can't wait to play this game. I got the Uncharted Collection and forcing myself to play through those again first before I get this.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

So much fun, the climbing and platforming is as good as it gets. I think I'm on Chapter 10, didn't really do anything else all weekend.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Gonna cop or rent this as soon as I have a full weekend free to play through it.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

unclebengi wrote:So much fun, the climbing and platforming is as good as it gets. I think I'm on Chapter 10, didn't really do anything else all weekend.
Yeah the grappling hook is a perfect addition and works perfectly. Love how much more open the worlds are now too and how you can actually choose to got the stealth route instead of having to shoot your way through everything.
I'm at chapter 12 now, its been nothing but awesome so far.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Rented from Redbox, quality as always. Naughty Dog puts so much attention to detail in their game environments, it's pretty amazing.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Finished in 4 or 5 sittings (didn't feel like I was rushing at all). The game is really good and comes highly recommended. I may pick it up for cheap in a few months, but I rarely replay games these days. I only played the campaign and no multiplayer since I don't pay for PS+.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Finally found time to finish this yesterday. Amazing game in every way.

wheels

Post by wheels »

ChaMerZ wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:Had mine preordered since last year. Need to make sure I finish Ratchet & Clank before it arrives. Girlfriend is going to get mad butthurt about me not spending time with her.
:rofl: :rofl:

it's cool man, we are in electric relaxation, no need to lie for your friends :copy:
lol I missed this. Way to self-project

How long is this game on average? I've got a couple days off and wondering if I could finish it during a redbox rental

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I'm guessing 11-12 hours? It's doable over a weekend if your committed, it was a couple weekends for me but I wasn't playing non stop.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

It might be 12 if you go through it aggressively. It took me a lot longer than that because I was constantly stopping to explore every nook and cranny, find all the treasures and stopping to admire the graphics all the time.