Pirate bay down.... Forever?

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

alpha

Pirate bay down.... Forever?

Post by alpha »

Can we talk about this here? Alternatives?

Tommy Bunz

Re: Pirate bay down.... Forever?

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah I was pretty annoyed by this cause I don't have a good site for tv torrents and I need to watch the new Brooklyn Nine Nine.
I get all my movie torrents here:
https://yts.re/home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They upload every new blu-ray release in reasonable size 1080p and 720p rips and they even release the majority of stuff released on the indie/cult labels.

But yeah, i'd love for someone to point me in the direction of a good tv torrent site.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

http://thepiratebay.ee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hustler

Post by hustler »

i have 3 invites to the #1 private tracker on the internet: iptorrents.com. there are very strict rules though, you MUST re-seed, you have to maintain a positive seeding ratio, only certain torrent clients are allowed, etc etc. but the site is real legit, fastest uploads ive ever seen, donwload speeds generally over 1mb/s.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Hush

Post by Hush »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Yeah I was pretty annoyed by this cause I don't have a good site for tv torrents and I need to watch the new Brooklyn Nine Nine.
I get all my movie torrents here:
https://yts.re/home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They upload every new blu-ray release in reasonable size 1080p and 720p rips and they even release the majority of stuff released on the indie/cult labels.

But yeah, i'd love for someone to point me in the direction of a good tv torrent site.
I co-sign Yify's site. The 720p rips are small in size and still look great!

alpha

Post by alpha »

Pretty sure that one is bunk truth

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

& what is wrong with kat.ph? that is my go-to torrent site
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

hey tommy, why torrent tv shows instead of just streaming from someplace like fullepisode.info or projectfree.tv? (is it due to the lower res and you're playing them on your tv?)

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I'm a HD snob and watching on a huge tv so resolution is important. And I don't have the internet connected to it so I can't stream anyways.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Same here, gotta have the 1080p shows. For now, I'm using https://kickass.so/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not as easily organized as TPB. You basically have to know the season and episode number to find anything. Luckily I had just recently installed the TV Watchlist extension on my browser a couple of weeks ago, so that keeps track of which episodes I haven't watched yet.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Dan wrote:Same here, gotta have the 1080p shows. For now, I'm using https://kickass.so/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not as easily organized as TPB. You basically have to know the season and episode number to find anything. Luckily I had just recently installed the TV Watchlist extension on my browser a couple of weeks ago, so that keeps track of which episodes I haven't watched yet.
that's what i use too. i'm surprised that ppl still use piratebay in 2014. ever since the fbi started breathing down their neck a couple of years ago the site has been obtrusively flakey & unreliable.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alpha

Post by alpha »

Eztv-proxy.net

Dan

Post by Dan »

Pirate Bay Admin Not Sure Site Will Be Relaunched
by Karl Bode 07:49AM Tuesday Dec 16 2014
The Pirate Bay has remained down since last week's raid by Swedish authorities, and one of the website's admins has admitted it may never be brought back online. Speaking anonymously to TorrentFreak, an anonymous Pirate Bay admin by the name of "Mr. 10100100000" says the websites admins weren't surprised by the raid, and have decided to take the opportunity to take a little vacation, apparently:
quote:
"We were not that surprised by the raid. That is something that is a part of this game. We couldn’t care less really," Mr 10100100000 informed TF through an encrypted channel. "We have however taken this opportunity to give ourselves a break. How long are we supposed to keep going? To what end? We were a bit curious to see how the public would react."
So far reaction has been mixed, with BitTorrent usage stats virtually unaffected as users simply migrate to an ocean of other BitTorrent options. One of The Pirate Bay's original founders, Peter Sunde, this week proclaimed the outdated site had turned into a heartless cash cow and should simply stay down. Mr. 10100100000 says the website may relaunch, and claims "if and when we do, it’ll be with a bang."

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

https://torrentfreak.com/pirate-bay-dom ... ag-141221/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PIRATE BAY DOMAIN BACK ONLINE, WAVING A PIRATE FLAG
BY ERNESTO ON DECEMBER 21, 2014 C: 190
BREAKING
After nearly two weeks of downtime the official domain of The Pirate Bay is showing signs of life. For now ThePirateBay.se is only waving a pirate flag, but that's good enough to give many Pirate Bay users hope for a full recovery.

pirate bayOn December 9 The Pirate Bay was raided at the Nacka station, a nuclear-proof data center built into a mountain complex near Stockholm.

Despite the rise of various TPB clones and rumors of reincarnations, thepiratebay.se domain remained inaccessible, until today.

This morning the Pirate Bay’s nameservers were updated to ones controlled by their domain name registrar binero.se

A few minutes ago came another big change when The Pirate Bay’s main domain started pointing to a new IP-address (178.175.135.122) connected to a server hosted in Moldova.

pirate bay new ip
Thus far there’s not much to see. The domain only displays a waving pirate flag, but the recent changes will give many estranged Pirate Bay users hope that the site will be restored to its former glory

The DNS changes haven’t propagated everywhere yet, but soon most people should see the following landing page.

pirate bay flag
Whether a full comeback is in the works remains a mystery for now. Interestingly, the source of the page shows that the pirate flag is hosted by Isohunt.to’s “Open Bay” site where it serves as a background.

TorrentFreak asked both the Pirate Bay and Isohunt.to crews for a comment, thus far without a response. It could be that TPB and Isohunt.to are collaborating on something, hopefully we’ll hear more on that soon.

A few days ago Isohunt.to launched “The Open Bay” initiative, which allows anyone to run a “copy” of The Pirate Bay. The TPB crew previously said that it would like to see as many clones as possible, so perhaps the domain will link to that for the time being.

“We’ve always lived by Kopimi. We love being cloned. It would be amazing if, like in the classic movie Spartacus, everyone could stand up and say “I am The Pirate Bay,” TPB’s Mr 10100100000 told us earlier.

Time will tell whether Pirate Bay’s “comeback” will be a full one, an encouragement for people to start their own clones, or something completely different.

GRiMEANDLiME

Post by GRiMEANDLiME »

R.I.P usenet.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Looks like TPB might be back sometime late Saturday.