What do you want to see more of in here?

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Sigma

What do you want to see more of in here?

Post by Sigma »

This section has been dead lately. What do you want to see more of? What sort of shit do you like to read in this section? News? Game reviews from Phila members? Something else?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: What do you want to see more of in here?

Post by Philaflava »

game reviews would be cool. i'm probably alone on this, but i'd love to see thoughts on older game and systems. i know we can't always live in the past, but there has to be a great appreciation for the older systems and classic games.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

also, what about friendly leagues? wasn't there once a madden league in here? not that there would be an overwhelming amount but i'm sure there are people playing online here.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

More game chat (news/previews/reviews) and less Microsoft software updates.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

New features coming to a console is worth posting about. Nobody seems to be talking about much of anything in here though, which makes me think I'd be better off just sticking to Reddit for game/tech chat.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Since we're now over a year into the new generation of consoles, I was thinking a tourney for the last gen would be fun. Just not sure what to call the tourney other then "last gen".

In general I'm with Spartan, I'm way more interested in game discussion & reviews. I would love it if more people would post in the "game I'm currently playing thread".

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

when someone starts a thread and 11 people look at it maybe someone post something in it? that might get something going on...

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

game discussions
particularly upcoming games and new releases

i read reviews on plenty of sites... but its always better to hear real world opinions

and id love to see some ps4 discussion... seems like most posts have been xbox one and PC stuff lately

any other ps4 gamers here?

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

jredd109 wrote:when someone starts a thread and 11 people look at it maybe someone post something in it? that might get something going on...
yah, the primary issue is that ppl don't start discussions to shoot the shit. the ppl who start threads are usually looking for help (help me fix this, find this, etc).

also, in general, threads / posts tend to get ignored, so there's no incentive in starting a thread or engaging with anybody in here.

i'd like to see more creative thread premises. for example in TROY, the 'Who would you have a drink with?' thread is doing numbers. Maybe post similar types of threads here?

finally, as someone else mentioned there's a strong XBOX bias here *cough* Sigma *cough*. but it seems like folks don't have PS4s so you can't really blame anybody for that.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I post about the Xbox One stuff cos it's the only current gen console I have and that's what I read about online. There's people here with PS4s, but they're not talking about it or its games very much.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

like gloss said. we're not a bunch of 18-25 year old guys anymore for the most part. i think i've maybe had 1-2 hours of game time in the last 3-4 months that were not lego games or sonic cart racing (games my son can play). haven't got a ps4 yet, and even if i did. i would't have time to play it.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

More about home media set ups. There's a lot of men of a certain vintage here, and I know once you hit that point you want to start refining things like that.

So yeah. What hardware people use, hacks for TVs/boxes, software (Plex) etc etc.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

I just recently jumped into the current gen by copping an Xbox 1. I like the reviews idea and games discussions. I do find it odd we don't have a MK:X thread. I may have to do something about that.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

^like the ideas in here. something i notice is that this forum is totally outside the mainsteam online "gaming" atmosphere (unless im just clueless). imo that's a good thing. like nobody arguing over anita sarkeesian.

i'm not super active so i can't complain about ppl not contributing. best thing to come from this forum to me is someone put me on to musicbee (i think it was you sigma). looking for a good android music app now but nobody responded to me thread T_T
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:^like the ideas in here. something i notice is that this forum is totally outside the mainsteam online "gaming" atmosphere (unless im just clueless). imo that's a good thing. like nobody arguing over anita sarkeesian.
It's just Sigma and None who I'd say have a clue what's going on 'out there'. I'm mostly a flabby and sick gamer these days. But man, that PC version of GTA V looks like it is going to make me a fiend again.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hush

Post by Hush »

Tired & Broke wrote:I just recently jumped into the current gen by copping an Xbox 1. I like the reviews idea and games discussions. I do find it odd we don't have a MK:X thread. I may have to do something about that.
:cheers: Congrats on the Xbox One pick up! How do you like it so far?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

ChaMerZ wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:^like the ideas in here. something i notice is that this forum is totally outside the mainsteam online "gaming" atmosphere (unless im just clueless). imo that's a good thing. like nobody arguing over anita sarkeesian.
It's just Sigma and None who I'd say have a clue what's going on 'out there'. I'm mostly a flabby and sick gamer these days. But man, that PC version of GTA V looks like it is going to make me a fiend again.

yeah i don't play so many games anymore. i think the newest game i've played is new smash bros (best version imo).

but i look at kotaku a couple times a week.. for the smash bros articles & random other shit... and this "gamer gate" thing was huge. not 100% on what happened but it involved hateful virgins sending death threats to anita sarkeesian (she makes youtube vids about sexism in games) and some other biches. if hustler were here he could tell us about it.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.