What's good with TVs these days?

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

jredd109

What's good with TVs these days?

Post by jredd109 »

Haven't bought a new TV in 7-8 years or so. what's good these days? old TV is a 42" samsung plasma. i'd probably like to go to a 50-60 inch. spend between $700 - 1500.

ChaMerZ

Re: What's good with TVs these days?

Post by ChaMerZ »

50-60 inch? Ever thought of getting a projector? I have a 7 year old Sony LCD tv (42 inch), & it's really crap (severe burn in issues).

I've been thinking of copping a projector to replace it.

Anybody here currently own a HD projector or copped one to replace an aging LCD / LED / OLED / Plasma tv?

Don't want to hijack thread, just want to spur conversation.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

no worries man. after 26 people looked at the thread at least you decided to post something. no wonder this sub-forum is balls lately.

alpha

Post by alpha »

I bought a Panasonic vierra plasma a few years ago. Sports look way better than on lcd. Lcd did look better during the day tho. No burn in issues with the plasma. Just gives off a lot of heat.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

alpha wrote:Lcd did look better during the day tho..
Interesting that this still remains true in 2015 ...
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alpha

Post by alpha »

What helped me decide was going to best buy during the day vs night. The best buy had a lot of natural light during the day. Also, go to top notch electronic stores. Don't go to target or some shit like that. They carry the "b" and "c" models of each brand.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

I recently bought a new Samsung. Was surprised at how cheap TVs have become. Also, how much smaller they are relatively speaking. They all have a really thing border round the screen so you can get away with buying larger than you think you might acceptable.

Also, all Smart TV interfaces are balls. Get an AppleTV/Roku/Chromecast or something for the 'Smart' features.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:I recently bought a new Samsung. Was surprised at how cheap TVs have become. Also, how much smaller they are relatively speaking. They all have a really thing border round the screen so you can get away with buying larger than you think you might acceptable.

Also, all Smart TV interfaces are balls. Get an AppleTV/Roku/Chromecast or something for the 'Smart' features.
yeah its pretty crazy. i could like buy a decent 32 inch tv with the amount of money i spend on gas / fare every month.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

anyone have one of those uhd sets? looked at a samsung 55" UHD 7000 series LCD. looked pretty solid in the store. i'd really like to hook a ps3 up to anything before i buy though. see how blue rays and games look on it.