Replay

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Russian
NSFW

Replay

Post by Russian »

Let's say, in the past 10 years, what game(s) did you replay?

For me, it's Bioshock: infinite , plus the DLC.

This game is the only game ever made that makes me feel like I am a part of that world. Incredible experience.

ChaMerZ

Re: Replay

Post by ChaMerZ »

Seriously? That's the only game you have beat more than once? In the past ten years? WTF.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Starcraft II finished single player multiple times on terran and the zerg expansion
Diablo III i finished at least once with each character including the expansion
all of the batmans i played through twice
Dark Souls 1 and 2 , multiple playthroughs with multiple characters
Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo Reach

A game has to be pretty exceptional for me to give it a replay. most games are a one playthrough

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah, if I really enjoy a game I will almost always play it a second time.
Replays in the last 10 years:

Uncharted 1, 2 & 3
Bioshock (haven't replayed Infinite yet but I'm sure I will eventually).
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Super Mario Galaxy
Half-Life 2
Resident Evil 4 & 5

I'm sure there's a few more I'm forgetting.

Hush

Post by Hush »

I find that I rarely replay games these days. If I really like a game sometimes I'll start a second run because it sounds like a good idea at the time but I usually just end up moving onto another game. 99% of the HD remakes I've picked up I haven't finished if I'd already played the original version.

That said, here are a few that I have played through multiple times that spring to mind:

Bully - I originally played the PS2 version and few years later played the 360 version (HD graphics and a few extra missions), such a great game!
Dead Rising 1 - The fact that your stats carry over makes subsequent runs less of a chore.
Gears of War 1 - Beat it on all difficulty levels with friends on co-op.

I'm sure I've replayed stuff like Contra a million times...

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Balzac wrote:Starcraft II finished single player multiple times on terran and the zerg expansion

A game has to be pretty exceptional for me to give it a replay. most games are a one playthrough

i have the zerg expansion, is something different when you replay as terran???

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

ChaMerZ wrote:Seriously? That's the only game you have beat more than once? In the past ten years? WTF.

Man, most games i play i never finish, i am one of those assholes. Plus what a waste of money.

I tried to reply the new COD, but then i bought the new Dragon Age, and that took the attention away from COD, and then i stopped playing Dragon Age (which i will finish eventually).

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

I grew up broke and games were difficult to come by so pretty much every game I have ever owned I have replayed. I see the logic in not going for a second playthrough though. It's like me with books. I go through so many books that it's not worth it re-reading any of them.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Yeah, if I really enjoy a game I will almost always play it a second time.

Uncharted 1, 2 & 3
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Super Mario Galaxy
Half-Life 2
Resident Evil 4 & 5

Uncharted 2 was soooo dope, but that last boss, that i felt like i got robbed.
Uncharted 3 seemed like a good game for an hour that i played it, i have no clue why i stopped playing it, i still have it too.

Half Life 2, i loved that game, but i can never see myself replaying it, i think it stressed me out too much.
RE4, was amazing, but yet another game i never finished. :/
RE5, played it for 15 minutes, never got back to it.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Hush wrote:I find that I rarely replay games these days. If I really like a game sometimes I'll start a second run because it sounds like a good idea at the time but I usually just end up moving onto another game. 99% of the HD remakes I've picked up I haven't finished if I'd already played the original version.

That said, here are a few that I have played through multiple times that spring to mind:

Bully - I originally played the PS2 version and few years later played the 360 version (HD graphics and a few extra missions), such a great game!
Dead Rising 1 - The fact that your stats carry over makes subsequent runs less of a chore.
Gears of War 1 - Beat it on all difficulty levels with friends on co-op.

I'm sure I've replayed stuff like Contra a million times...
Yeh, i beat Contra(s) countless times when i was a kid, that was my favorite NES game.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Russian wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:Yeah, if I really enjoy a game I will almost always play it a second time.

Uncharted 1, 2 & 3
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Super Mario Galaxy
Half-Life 2
Resident Evil 4 & 5

Uncharted 2 was soooo dope, but that last boss, that i felt like i got robbed.
Uncharted 3 seemed like a good game for an hour that i played it, i have no clue why i stopped playing it, i still have it too.

Half Life 2, i loved that game, but i can never see myself replaying it, i think it stressed me out too much.
RE4, was amazing, but yet another game i never finished. :/
RE5, played it for 15 minutes, never got back to it.
WTF

RE4 was one of the most epic 20 hours I've ever experienced. I say quality over quantity. It's better to take your time playing a few quality games rather than quickly burn through what's currently *in* because otherwise you won't find any games that will leave a lasting impression.

A more interesting thread in your case would have been, games that you have NOT finished in the last ten years. I can't think of very many games that I have not finished. Fighting games don't count because they don't have any cohesive story to speak of. RPGs though, I can think of a few. I was unable to finish Disgaea 1. Disgaea 2 I sunk over a hundred hours into, but I was just pissing around in the item world and never got a chance to finish the story. Joan Of Arc was tight but I stopped playing it after about an hour.

Monster Hunter had too much grinding and wasn't fun without multiplayer so I stopped playing it after like ten hours. Far Cry 2 I'm *still* playing ... sort of ... so I haven't had a chance to beat it. I probably won't though because I feel like I don't have a lot of time and there's too many cool games out there to play.

None

Post by None »

I replay a good number of games, mainly it comes from HD remasters, but I've played the shit out of A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. I also replayed a number of Final Fantasies over the year. It depends on what game it is and how long it has been since I've given it a spin. Usually a good deal of time has to pass before I look at a game again.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

None wrote:I replay a good number of games, mainly it comes from HD remasters, but I've played the shit out of A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. I also replayed a number of Final Fantasies over the year. It depends on what game it is and how long it has been since I've given it a spin. Usually a good deal of time has to pass before I look at a game again.
^^ not surprised. None is a true gamer. :cheers:

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Russian wrote:
Balzac wrote:Starcraft II finished single player multiple times on terran and the zerg expansion

i have the zerg expansion, is something different when you replay as terran???
no no, i just meant i finished the terran game (wings of liberty) and the zerg expansion (heart of the swarm) multiple times. you can't play as other races in either campaign in the single player.