Mad Max (PS4, XBO, PC) - Sept. 1

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

None

Mad Max (PS4, XBO, PC) - Sept. 1

Post by None »

I know everyone is cysed for that Fury Road, but Avalanche Studios (the folks behind Just Cause) are releasing their adaptation of the film series on Xbox One, PS4 and PC (Linux too) later this year. A gameplay overview trailer just came out and it looks pretty good. Open-world is wearing me down, but it makes sense here. I'm definitely interested to see how it turns out. Shit if Just Cause 3 doesn't get delayed until 2015, we could have two apeshit crazy games from Avalanche this year.

None

Re: Mad Max (PS4, XBO, PC) - Sept. 1

Post by None »

Warner Brother Interactive has had a good track record over recently with Shadow of Mordor, Dying Light, and Mortal Kombat X. If Batman: Arkham Knight and this are the tits then they may be one of the best publishers currently.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

The trailer definitely has me interested! I get a bit of a Rage vibe from it, and the hand to hand combat looks like it's similar to the Batman games, which is no bad thing.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Looks like it could be pretty cool.
I feel you on open-world game fatigue though, seems like every game is open world now, and they are all huge time sucks.
I'm still working on Shadows of Mordor and Far Cry 4, easily have 30-40 hours dumped into both games.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Looks like it could be pretty cool.
I feel you on open-world game fatigue though, seems like every game is open world now, and they are all huge time sucks.
Indeed. That's why right now I'm just trying to explore the indie scene. Sinking 30-40 hrs into a single game isn't a task that fits my life situation anymore.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None

Post by None »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Looks like it could be pretty cool.
I'm still working on Shadows of Mordor and Far Cry 4, easily have 30-40 hours dumped into both games.
Shadows of Mordor is worse because of the Nemesis system. You get addicted to killing those upsetting looking uruks. It took me forever to open up the second part of the game due to getting lost killing leaders and grinding. Far Cry 4 was such a heavy time investment trying to open up all the worthwhile abilities and guns.

Making matters worse for later this year, Avalanche is releasing this and Just Cause 3 within months of each other.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah I stopped at what I think is the last mission of Shadows because I still didn't unlock the best 3 abilities even though I had grinded the fuck out of that game.
Far Cry 4 I've barely unlocked more than half the map so far, shit is insanely large (and also incredible, fuck any place that didn't give this game at least a 9, its pretty much a perfect openworld FPS).

None

Post by None »

I played this at E3. It is fantastic. The car combat feels good, and the melee/on ground combat is a deeper version of the Batman combat (with more nuanced parry/counters).

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

last year xbox one users were complaining about not enough games , but this year theres fucking overload

ahhhhhh so much goodness

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

So coppin' this:

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

The airport beneath the sand dunes! :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:

Also, the game's finale was dark as hell.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

How long did it take you to beat?

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

About three weeks. My OCD got the better of me and I was doing all the repetitive scrap collecting. Still need to grab all the history relics.

If I stuck to the story and side missions, it would have taken way less time, possibly a week or so.

Also, Max's iconic V8 Interceptor is pretty weak compared to the shit you can do with your customisable Magnum Opus.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Ahhh. I really want to play it but i'm suffering from open-world game fatigue like a motherfucker. I still haven't finished MGSV, Batman or Infamous. I miss linear games that you can finish in 10-20 hours.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Know the feeling. Still got The Witcher 3 waiting for me, and I don't have the energy nor time to invest into another open-worlder right now.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I copped this on PC last night. It was on sale at CDKeys for £9.95, including the pre-order DLC.

It's still on sale if any PC gamers are looking to buy it: -

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mad-max-pc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

i hear yall with open world games, i love them but damn so many are open now, with that said i just scooped this game finally on sale for cheap, i really like it but it being another open world game i might still save it for another time

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah i picked this up for $10 on Amazon on Black Friday. Going to start playing tonight I think.