Mortal Kombat X: yeah we late....

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Tired & Broke

Mortal Kombat X: yeah we late....

Post by Tired & Broke »

This a pretty damn great game that offers plenty of content that will keep even the casual gamers satisfied. The Story Mode picks up where MK9 left off and the cutscenes flow seemingly into the actual battles quite beautifully. The story mode last approximately 2hrs with 12 chapters in all.

Overall the online component is integrated into the core the game nicely and it makes the game feel "alive". It features the classic arcade mode-type towers/ladders, where you select a character and fight through a series of opponents. There's all types of Towers that add modifiers, some called living towers that deal with The Faction war aspect of the MK online community and offer Tower Challenges.

And of course you have your classic online 1 on 1 battles where you can challenge friends and other players of the MK community. However a huge complaint has been the lackluster netcode that rely on P2P connections, so if your opponent has a shitty connection then you're going to suffer.

Overall I give Mortal Kombat X :sherlock: :sherlock: :sherlock: :sherlock: / :sherlock: :sherlock: :sherlock: :sherlock: :sherlock:

Here's some vids of The Story mode and all the fatalities.

My current main is Jax, but if anyone wants to spar on the X1 holla at me..... XBLGT: Phantom Phive

Sigma

Re: Mortal Kombat X: yeah we late....

Post by Sigma »

The game looks great. I wish I could get back into playing fighting games again, but they just don't have as much appeal to me when I play them online. I used to love them back in the days where I'd game with a bunch of mates all in the same room, where you play winner stays on and pass the pads around.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Why does NRS keep fucking up their netcode? Especially with Killer Instinct having been around to show us the gold standard for over a year now. No excuse.

Game is otherwise great though.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Hoping to cop much later on when all the DLC stuff is included (Jason Voorhees & Predator!!!!).

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

the game is really good and really fun and the most gory , adding fresh new stuff but remaining classic mk style

i hope theres some cool secrets in this one, mk used to have the illest secrets !mk 9 had some too like the classic reptile fight in the bottom of the og pitt

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

I've been in the Krypt unlocking shit, and I must say some of these Brutalities are pretty damn gruesome and well BRUTAL. Excellent, excellent game. I can't state this enough. loads of content and re-playability.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

with Sigma on this one .. I just can't roll with fighting games anymore. maybe i'll check it out when everybody's forgotten about it and the price has come down.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hush

Post by Hush »

Agree with Sigma and ChaMerZ. I primarily play games solo these days, so fighting games just aren't worth the full price of admission. I'm content to just watch the above fatality video and call it a day. I may pick up the game in a year when it's super cheap though just for the novelty.

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

ChaMerZ wrote:with Sigma on this one .. I just can't roll with fighting games anymore. maybe i'll check it out when everybody's forgotten about it and the price has come down.
If you're not disgusted by anime bs try Guilty Gear Xrd. Although it's PS3/4 exclusive.

Ontopic: Tried MKX a few days ago and while I think they did a better job than last few games I just can't stop thinking it's too many buttons. 8 buttons for a fighting game is just too much. 6 is more than enough and it's still overkill imo.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

drobizhek wrote:
ChaMerZ wrote:with Sigma on this one .. I just can't roll with fighting games anymore. maybe i'll check it out when everybody's forgotten about it and the price has come down.
If you're not disgusted by anime bs try Guilty Gear Xrd. Although it's PS3/4 exclusive.

Ontopic: Tried MKX a few days ago and while I think they did a better job than last few games I just can't stop thinking it's too many buttons. 8 buttons for a fighting game is just too much. 6 is more than enough and it's still overkill imo.
i'm probably the biggest anime fan on this board, so your warning has fallen on deaf ears. i will check it out, but i don't really game on my playstation anymore.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

Then you should check it out definitely

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

drobizhek wrote:

yeah having a block button will always be a mistake in the MK franchise