Gaming accessories (third party controllers, headsets, etc.)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Sigma

Gaming accessories (third party controllers, headsets, etc.)

Post by Sigma »

What have you got for your current gen consoles/PCs?

I've got 3 Xbox One headsets: -

MS Stereo Headset - For the money I think it's great. It's comfortable, has good sound isolation, good sound (including voice chat quality) and it comes with the controller adapter. It's stereo only, but someone who maybe doesn't game online all that much or who doesn't care about having a high end headset would be very happy with it I reckon.

Turtle Beach Stealth 500X - A high end, fully wireless surround sound headset. At first I thought this was great, but then I noticed that it suffers from audio latency unless you use it in stereo mode, so if you press a button to fire a gun in a game, for example, the audio of the gunshot is marginally delayed. It's really off-putting and for that reason I can't recommend this headset and I'll be putting mine on eBay shortly.

Astro A40 with MixAmp M80 - A high end stereo headset from Astro. The MixAmp M80 is Astro's own take on the headset adapter. Overall I'm really pleased with it - it looks great, is light and comfortable, has great sound quality (no surround sound though), and the M80 is a small improvement over the standard MS adapter. The only negative is that the headset cable is hard-wired into the M80, so if you're not using the headset you'll want to unplug the entire M80 from the controller. It would be better if you could just unplug the cable from the M80 and leave the M80 attached to the controller.

I've just bought one of these controllers: -

Third party controllers usually suck IMO, but this is a modified version of a standard Xbox One controller that adds buttons/paddles on the back which you can map to any other button. I haven't received it yet, but I've heard good things about them.

So yeah, what have you got for your system(s)? Are there any PC gamers here with high end mice or mechanical keyboards? Anyone with a good racing wheel set up for their console/PC?

zappy

Re: Gaming accessories (third party controllers, headsets, e

Post by zappy »

my main piece of gear is a logitech g13.

the thumb stick is great for any game where you have to pan a camera and dont want to jerk the mouse to the edge of the screen, and all the thumb buttons are great for FPS like counter strike. i have sidearm/main gun bound to my two mouse thumb buttons, and grenade, knife, bomb bound to the thumb buttons/stick on the g13, so i never have to use my wasd fingers for anything other than movement and opening doors with E. honestly, i cannot imagine going back to a regular keyboard.

zappy

Post by zappy »

also you can keep three different presets for different games/styles of game, and you can bind keys on the fly really, really easily.

cannot recommend enough

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

that looks pretty damn great. if i had something like that i wouldn't be using an xbox controller for pc games.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;