Rocket League (PS4/PC)(XB1 - February 2016)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

BigCat8

Rocket League (PS4/PC)(XB1 - February 2016)

Post by BigCat8 »

In simple terms, it's soccer with cars. It's an indie game that just went through a couple rounds of beta, and is slated for release "this summer". Here's what it looks like when played by me and my buddies...

And here's what it looks like when played by a pro...

It's probably the most straight-up "fun" game I've played in a while. I'm itching for that release date, but there hasn't been an official announcement yet.
Last edited by BigCat8 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChaMerZ

Re: Rocket League (PS4/PC)

Post by ChaMerZ »

Looks GREAT! 2015 release perhaps? I will grab this for the PC. I'm a huge indie fan these days. I avoid triple A releases like the plague.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None

Post by None »

It comes out July 7th. It was just announced that Sweet Tooth of Twisted Metal will be in PS4 version. The PS4/PC cross-play is exciting.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

None wrote:It comes out July 7th. It was just announced that Sweet Tooth of Twisted Metal will be in PS4 version. The PS4/PC cross-play is exciting.
oh shit ... yea not surprised. it looks heavily influenced by twisted metal.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Cross-play should be cool. This isn't one of those games where the keyboard/mouse combo seems like it'd be optimal, let alone advantageous, so expanding the player base means more players means more matches means more fun.

Also MSRP $19.99, so that's pretty cool...

EDIT: And as far as the TM influence goes, I think the story goes that Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars (the precursor to this) was going to be a car combat game, until one of the devs dropped a soccer ball into the game and Psyonix completely changed paths. So it comes full circle.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

This is going to be the PS+ game for July, so every single one of you better get in on this.

July 7th is release day for this, plus my last chemo. Legit not sure which I'm more excited about.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

:lol: and :cheers: man, good shit

None

Post by None »

Tommy Bunz wrote::lol: and :cheers: man, good shit

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Downloaded this morning. Game is fun as shit. I'm prettyping terrible so far tho

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

I'm seriously fucking addicted to this game. I always thought it was weird when people would talk seriously about eSports and regularly watching people play games on Twitch, but if I can't sleep and Kronovi (camgears on Twitch) or Gibbs (Gibbs0o0) is streaming, I'll stay up and watch them. Rocket League is, to me, one of the games where skilled play is actually fun to watch. It makes me want to get better at the game myself.

I feel like I'm improving- I'm hitting aerials semi-regularly, and beginning to learn to actually aim them. It's really satisfying to keep peeling back the layers on a game that's so simple on its surface.

This is a long ass video, but watch a sampling of the stuff after 10:46 or so. It's absurd.

Post by 907 »

Loved Twisted Metal, nd this looks amazing, I'm fucking PISSED it's not on XB1.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

907 wrote:Loved Twisted Metal, nd this looks amazing, I'm fucking PISSED it's not on XB1.
The devs recently said, "We're now in a position that we can expand our team. We are absolutely, 100 percent going to other platforms". You may be in luck.

Ned Ryerson
Location: with my helmet on you can't tell me i'm not in space.

Post by Ned Ryerson »

this game is amazing. the physics are perfect. i am terrible at it though. it's like a when kids play soccer and they just chase the ball around the field aimlessly and hope things work out

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

There's an emerging pro scene in this game, with a few ESL tournaments in the books, and one MLG tournament as well. The finals of the MLG tournament were pretty insane to watch.

If you've got some time to spare, it'd be well-spent watching this:

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

I've put so many hours into this game. Still not turning pro anytime soon.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

I want to get this game, but not sure if it is for me. What's you guys steam ids anyways?

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Rocket League for Xbox One announced today. Releases in February, with exclusive cars: the Halo Hogsticker and the Gears of War Armadillo.

Notably absent from the XB1 version is crossplay, which means the XB1 will probably be left in the cold when it comes to competitive play. Bummer that Psyonix and Microsoft couldn't work something out to make crossplay happen, but at least Xbox owners will finally have the chance to get addicted to this as well.

Also, I play on PS4. I have Steam and a handful of games, but I don't have a computer than can run anything remotely resembling Rocket League.

EDIT: Trailer here...