ReCore (Xbox One, Spring 2016)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Sigma

ReCore (Xbox One, Spring 2016)

Post by Sigma »

Here's the trailer: -

This game has been designed by Keiji Inafune and is being made by his company, Comcept, in collaboration with Armature Studio.

The trailer doesn't exactly show much, but I like the idea of the "good" and "evil" orbs and being able to take a "good" orb and stick it into a robot so it fights for you.

Tommy Bunz

Re: ReCore (Xbox One, Spring 2016)

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Thinking about picking this up despite the middling reviews, looks and sounds like a fun game that ends badly with a bunch of stupid fetch quests.
Anyone play this yet? Its only $32 for Amazon Prime members.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I have it pre-loaded, but here in the UK it doesn't unlock until midnight tonight so I haven't played it yet. I'll post some thoughts on it tomorrow.

Funkmaster Flowerday

Post by Funkmaster Flowerday »

The concepts are great and there are some awesome moments in this game but it is super buggy, and it's honestly just not finished. There are a bunch of parts where you end up doing the same thing over and over because they clearly needed more development time. Also the pacing is fucked up. That being said, you get some dope powers and abilities and you can decide which robot to take around with you which is cool, although you will find sometimes you didn't bring the right robot. End up climbing up some shit for a long time and have to go back. It's just not executed well. I wish they would have had more time/money/people to give this game the polish it deserves
My funky original joints are right here https://soundcloud.com/isaac-flowerday/the-next-hit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;