Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Sigma

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime

Post by Sigma »

I just picked this up for the Xbox. It's also out on PC.

Here's a couple of reviews, one from each end of the spectrum: -

Destructoid - 10/10
Arcade Sushi - 6/10

It's designed to be played in local co-op with another player, but you can play it solo. I've only tried it solo and it's pretty fucking hard!

Basically, you have a round space ship that you travel about in. It has guns that you can aim and fire at the top, bottom, left and right. You also have a shield, but it only protects part of your ship and you can move it around. Then you have a gun that you can't aim, but which rotates around your ship and when you fire it, it fires a bunch of bullets one after the other, so you have to time when you fire it. There are a bunch of weapons, upgrades, ships, characters etc. that you can unlock.

To do anything in the game, you have to go to the control panel for the particular thing/weapon you're trying to control, so you have to move around inside the ship to different guns, your shield, the controls for moving the ship around etc. In co-op, I reckon this would be a lot of fun, as there's 2 people to handle different tasks. In single player, you have an AI cat that helps you, but you have to command the cat and send it off to do different tasks while trying to fire a gun, pilot the ship or whatever yourself, so it gets tough and it can be a little overwhelming.

Sadly there's no online play as they built this as a couch co-op game, so if you have an Xbox One or PC and a buddy to play this with, I'd recommend giving it a go as it's only $15/£12.

ChaMerZ

Re: Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime

Post by ChaMerZ »

thanks for this sigma. i'll try playing it with my sister.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;