Wii U thread

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Wii U thread

Post by 907 »

I copped one last week and am loving it so far, does anyone else fuck with this? I bought it after realizing that pretty much every game I've played in the last few years is dark and depressing, and I was sick of shooting people or beating them up. I wanted fun, bright, happy games like I played when I was a kid, and the Wii U is perfect for that. Playing through Super Mario 3d World right now, it's a great mix of nes/snes era Mario and Mario 64.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Dwight Strawberry

Re: Wii U thread

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Ha. You ain't kidding man. All games these days are doom and gloom. I could use some good 'ol happy gaming.

I am thinking about getting one for my kids for Xmas

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

gaming has matured as an artform and doesn't need to pander to ten year olds.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hush

Post by Hush »

The Wii U is a cool little console in its own right.

I've really only played the Mario side scrollers and Mario Kart 8, but people seem to really get excited about its line up of exclusive games. Plus, it is backward compatible with Wii games, which is nice so you could go back and play some of the stuff that was worth playing from the original Wii.

I also recommend getting a Pro controller for the games that support it.

I just copped Super Mario Maker and it is fantastic so I can recommend that as well as New Super Mario Bros. U and the Luigi expansion (I think you can cop them both on the same disc).

Hush

Post by Hush »

Just to add on...
907 wrote:I bought it after realizing that pretty much every game I've played in the last few years is dark and depressing, and I was sick of shooting people or beating them up. I wanted fun, bright, happy games like I played when I was a kid, and the Wii U is perfect for that.
This. It reminds me of the Gamecube era. I was sick of what you talk about above and I got GC w/ Metroid Prime, Mario Kart Double Dash, Zelda, Paper Mario, etc. and I was all :gyeah:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Wii u does have a bunch of great exclusive games, and super Mario maker looks amazing. However Nintendo NX is getting released next year and will likely be backwards compatible with Wii u games.

Post by 907 »

Hush wrote:The Wii U is a cool little console in its own right.

I've really only played the Mario side scrollers and Mario Kart 8, but people seem to really get excited about its line up of exclusive games. Plus, it is backward compatible with Wii games, which is nice so you could go back and play some of the stuff that was worth playing from the original Wii.

I also recommend getting a Pro controller for the games that support it.

I just copped Super Mario Maker and it is fantastic so I can recommend that as well as New Super Mario Bros. U and the Luigi expansion (I think you can cop them both on the same disc).

I actually grabbed all of these, I'm playing through 3D world first, then New SMB, then I'm going to get into maker. Figured it was better to play a bit first, since it's been a while.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

marathoned both new mario & 3D world on diff occasions. both games are fire but i prefer new mario wii u, tighter controls imo.

it would be a huge mistake not to buy smash bros 4. it's the best iteration of the series, you can play local multi or online. if u don't sm4sh you're irrelevant imo.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

Smash bros for the ultimate win. We pretty much have a couple of matches every day after work

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

little mac is a game changer
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.