can phones get viruses like that?

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

dubs

can phones get viruses like that?

Post by dubs »

I can't even upload a pic of the page it keeps redirecting me to, but every time I to to go on my photobucket it redirects me to some fake Facebook page talm bout I won an iphone6.

I have a metro pcs phone. Android core prime. Do phones get virii now?
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

Sigma

Re: can phones get viruses like that?

Post by Sigma »

There are malware apps on both Android and iOS, as well as exploitable vulnerabilities in the operating systems (depending on version). It's more prevalent on Android due to it being the dominant phone OS, the store being more open, and because you can side-load apps from any source.

I'm not sure what's the best way to deal with it though, as it's not something I've ever had personal experience with. You could try wiping the browser cache and see if that stops the redirect, because it may just be down to a malicious web page. Failing that, there are anti-malware apps in the Google Play Store that can scan for and remove dodgy apps, much like an anti-virus program for a computer, although I don't know which ones are good as I've not had to use one.