IFTTT (If This, Then That)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Hush

IFTTT (If This, Then That)

Post by Hush »

Anyone mess with this at all?

You can do some pretty cool/nerdy stuff with it.

For example, I've connected my Amazon Echo, Harmony Hub universal remote and Honeywell Thermostat. Now, I can give voice commands to the Echo (aka Alexa) which will turn on/off my TV and adjust the temp of the thermostat.

I've also set it up to automatically add songs to Spotify playlists that are posted to subreddits, etc.

http://IFTTT.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tariq's Dilemma

Re: IFTTT (If This, Then That)

Post by Tariq's Dilemma »

[quote="Hush"]

I've also set it up to automatically add songs to Spotify playlists that are posted to subreddits, etc.
/quote]

I'm intrigued by this. What subreddits do you use it for and how do you connect your spotify with reddit on IFTT?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

def not the r/rap or r/hiphop subreddits, those are highly concentrated aids
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Tariq's Dilemma wrote:
Hush wrote:
/quote]

I'm intrigued by this. What subreddits do you use it for and how do you connect your spotify with reddit on IFTT?
You connect both your Reddit and Spotify accounts to IFTTT. Then you set up a "recipe" that "if new post in r/subreddit" then "search the post title on Spotify and add the top result to playlist X".

I've set up r/HipHopHeads and r/90sHipHop. Neither has been great for new music discovery tho, just wanted to do it to experiment w/ IFTTT.

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

yes, it's quite powerful. I currently have it set up for a couple c-list and eBay searches