The Division - XBONE / PS4 / PC

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

wheels

Re: The Division - XBONE / PS4 / PC

Post by wheels »

Overwatch got me.

I wanted to keep up with the Division, but then Destiny got fun and they're planning a big update, so it's going to be tough for me to get back into this.

Which is a shame, because 3rd person shooters have been a favorite of mine since SOCOM, but without the organized PVP it's not clicking as well.

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

Post by ChewbaccaUncircumcised »

Underground expansion pack trailer

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

They released some info about patch 1.3 today and again, I'm not very happy about it.

The AUG and Vector are getting a 10% damage nerf. Also, you won't be able to roll critical hit damage on SMGs from now on. Apparently this was done because the guns are "too popular" which seems fucking retarded. A lot of people are using the AUG because it was the only decent SMG that's ever been sold in the base of operations, and a lot of people use the Vector because the blueprint is available in the base. Of course people are going to be using these guns more than the others!

They're also nerfing both Sentry and Striker, so they're changing how the bonuses work to make them weaker. You will now need to wear 5 pieces of one set to get all of the bonuses, which means you can no longer mix and match gear sets as you'd only have 1 slot left.

They're nerfing explosive and incendiary ammo massively. The effect of hitting an NPC with incendiary ammo will only be 30% of what it is currently, so they will only flounder around for a short time. When you hit an NPC with an explosive round, the explosion will only cause the same damage as the bullet now. That basically puts an end to using the M44 for one shot kills.

The M1A is getting nerfed too. The reticule bloom will increase more than it currently does when the gun is being fired rapidly, making it less accurate.

I've put tons of time into trying to get a great 3 piece Striker, 2 piece Sentry loadout together, and I use both an AUG and an M1A as my main guns, so everything except my gloves is being nerfed.

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

Gotta play the waiting game on PS4, I don't think we get access to the new stuff until August.

Feels bad man

wheels

Post by wheels »

I'm cool with it. If this expansion is anything like the rest of the game's content it will take a solid month to get to a playable state

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

True. The Division is my favorite AAA title that I love to play that is glitchy, unbalanced, and bordering on unfinished.

It's still a ton of fun to play with my internet friends tho

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I lost 62,000 DPS after the patch. Ouch.

The new content is cool. I like that Underground missions are randomly generated, plus you can choose how many stages they are and add modifiers that make them even more difficult, for example, one of the modifiers is called "Fog of War" where all players lose their mini-map. Your character has a new Underground level and every time you level up, you get a sealed cache that you can open. So far, those have given me some great loot including 268 gear set pieces and 229 weapons.

There's a new area underneath the base of operations called The Terminal. You can fast travel straight to it, or walk down some stairs at the back of the base to the side of the gift vendor. You can see other players in there, kinda like being in a safe house, and there's also vendors in there, a restock box, HVT mission vendors etc.

You can now re-roll a talent on a gun, which is great. It costs a mix of phoenix credits and new weapon kits. Weapon kits will drop when killing NPCs sometimes, but you can also craft them using blueprints. Much like recalibrating gear, you get a choice of 4 talents, 1 of which is always the talent you had before you re-rolled. The price increases each time and you can re-roll a maximum of 6 times. One thing that is currently bugged is that if you re-roll the "free" talent, i.e. the one that is always unlocked and doesn't require a certain amount of firearms, skill power or whatever, the talent you choose is also supposed to be free, except that is not the case.

The new incursion is tough! I think you'll need to get your exotic damage resilience up to complete it as the bulk of the enemies are cleaners with flamethrowers that can take you down super fast. They also have a new weapon - remote control cars that blow up next to you, setting you on fire and causing a blaze. I've not managed to complete it yet, although I've only tried it 4 or 5 times.

They've added the "challenging" difficulty level to 2 more main missions, so 6 missions have that difficulty level now, plus all of those missions, all incursions, and the Underground stuff has a new "heroic" difficulty level that's even tougher. All enemies are level 35.

I've not messed around with the new gear set pieces yet as I don't have enough of the same type to get a build together. There's some powerful new weapons. I got a gear score 229 G36 assault rifle that's really good in PVE and has replaced my AUG bought from the base.

There are a few bugs of course. The biggest one is an issue with the map. Sometimes when you press the button to open it, it makes the sound as if it's opened, but you can't actually see it. There's also a bug where the Search & Destroy missions are not dropping as much intel as they used to, which makes it even more of a ball ache to get the intel required to do HVT missions. There's a couple of minor annoyances too, such as every time you enter and leave an Underground mission there is a cut scene, which you can skip by holding a button, but when you hold the button, a bar fills up to about 90% and then disappears, so you have to let go of the button, then hold it down again and the second time it'll make it to 100% and skip the cut scene. I think they need to dump those cut scenes once you've seen them once, cos they're not being used to mask loading or anything. While I have read about other bugs, other than the things I've mentioned, I've not noticed anything else that's affected my game negatively.

As for things I'd like to see added/changed, I wish they'd added challenging and heroic difficulty levels to all of the main story missions, then included those in the daily missions list. It seems like such a waste not to do that. Also, I wish that certain activities weren't so biased towards giving you certain gear sets as rewards. I've got loads of gear set piece drops from Underground missions, but not a single piece has been the original gear set pieces (Striker, Sentry etc.). It might work better if you got a token you could redeem at a vendor, where you could choose a gear set type, then the vendor would give you a randomly rolled piece of gear of that type.

Overall, I think this is a solid expansion. There is more replay value in the Underground missions than with other missions due to them being randomly generated, plus the difficulty can range from really easy to absolutely rock hard, so there's something there for players of all types and skill levels. The missions also scale to the number of players. The only major annoyance right now is the map bug, which hopefully they will patch as a priority.

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

Awesome write up bro. Thanks for that!