3DS & DS Games

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Tommy Bunz

3DS & DS Games

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Finally caved and bought a new 3DS. Loving the shit out of it (actually my first portable system since Game Gear).

I've picked up Mario 3D World, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Donkey Kong Country Returns so far. What else are must plays?

Probably going to go back and pick up some DS games I missed too, the Zeldas and the Castlevanias almost certainly. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Re: 3DS & DS Games

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

smash bros 4 is dope. it's exactly the same as the console version and you can play online.

you seem to like zelda so "link between worlds" is a must. essentially 2D game with a 3D twist. fresh take on the classic zelda, tbh prob the best zelda release since wind waker.

also if there's a "new mario bros" title those are very good.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Pokemon games are still awesome. Being 10 years old in 1998 certainly helps explain today's appeal for me, but I maintain it's still an excellent series.

Have heard good stories about that Fire Emblem game, but I haven't played it myself yet.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

pokemon probly the GOAT RPG of integrating the setting with the gameplay mechanic

i'm not really with fire emblem, prefer tactics w/o rpg elements
1. Nas
2. Drake

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

i like games like fire emblem, but i've never really played a fire emblem game. should try downloading it for my dolphin.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

ChaMerZ wrote:i like games like fire emblem, but i've never really played a fire emblem game. should try downloading it for my dolphin.
Image ........... ?
1. Nas
2. Drake

zappy

Post by zappy »

huge fan of all the phoenix wright games. first three are my favorites by far though.

cosign link between worlds, fantastic game.

dont forget about the retro downloads. link's awakening was definitely worth the download.

ric

Post by ric »

I love the turn based rpg shit for handheld. so for me super robot Taisen is a must. that shit is fire. the fights get to be frigging epic. fire emblem is sweet of course. I really liked civilization which I haven't played on pc. and then there's that... tactics game that I can't think of the name but actually defined tactical gaming for gba and beyond... you know with the tanks and modern type of warfare? good games. there are other games that I am set to play but I don't give a fuck anymore. I haven't seriously delved into any games for fucking.... months

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

ric wrote:I love the turn based rpg shit for handheld. so for me super robot Taisen is a must. that shit is fire. the fights get to be frigging epic. fire emblem is sweet of course. I really liked civilization which I haven't played on pc. and then there's that... tactics game that I can't think of the name but actually defined tactical gaming for gba and beyond... you know with the tanks and modern type of warfare? good games. there are other games that I am set to play but I don't give a fuck anymore. I haven't seriously delved into any games for fucking.... months
I think it was called Advanced Warfare or something.

Same here but for me it is a free time and priorities thing. Also stress. I haven't beaten the gamecube version of MGS (MGS Twin Snakes) because it is seriously kicking my butt & last thing i want to do when I get home from work is get pissed off and throw the controller at the monitor.

A TV Show or book no matter how inflammatory can't get that same reaction out of me hence why I prefer chilling doing either.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^advance wars? fire. best turn based strategy game. game dynamics actually mirror the historical battles of ww2. has a cult following you can play online via browser.
1. Nas
2. Drake

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:^advance wars? fire. best turn based strategy game. game dynamics actually mirror the historical battles of ww2. has a cult following you can play online via browser.
Yeah that was it, it was right on the tip of my tongue but I couldn't get it right. didn't know you can play it on a browser now. my how times have changed. good looks brother.

EDIT:

http://browserbasedgames.com/play/advance-wars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - seems like there's an issue with the site :owens: :owens:

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

I remember how the DS version was called Advance Wars - Dual Strike (DS). I always thought that was a clever spin of the title cuz it doesn't really make sense transferring an GBA ip to the DS but I guess the name had gotten kinda stuck by that point. Oh jeez I'm starting to get a lil bit of nostalgia from back in the day now.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Chrono Trigger

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah I don't have any interest in Pokemon because I wasn't born in the 90's. Strategy games don't interest me that much either.

I've beaten Mario 3D Land and Donkey Kong Country Returns already.
Right now I'm playing through Paper Mario Sticker Star (awesome) and Mario Kart 7.
I've also picked up Megaman Legacy Collection and Nano Assault to play next. Want to get one of the Kirby games too.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

gta chinatown wars is for DS i think

although the remastered version for mobile might be much improved

how is mario kart for 3ds?

Star Fox 64 HD looks hella dope, i havent scooped it yet but plan to

new super mario bros 2 is great

i believe you can d/l snes games for the new 3ds only, i use 2ds since i dont care about the 3d effect, but damn i would love super metriod on it