PlayStation Vue

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Dan

PlayStation Vue

Post by Dan »

Five years later than most, but I'm officially ready to cut the cord and say goodbye to cable and monthly DVR rental charges. Sports are what kept me around for so long. I had my baseball covered with MLB.tv, but being an international soccer fan, I couldn't legally keep up with English soccer. Illegal streaming sites had poor image quality and weren't always in English.

I recently discovered PlayStation Vue (www.playstation.com/vue). It has all the sports channels that play soccer that I watch, plus over a hundred other channels. All for a much cheaper price than what my cable company charges me.

I have a smart TV, Apple TV, and a Roku, but Vue is not available on those platforms. It is, however, available on these devices which I do not own, PS3, PS4, and Amazon Fire. It also works with the Chromecast, which I do have, but for now, Vue only works with iOS. I'm an Android user.

Since I'm not a gamer, I'm just going to buy yet another streaming device to add to my collection and pick up the Amazon Fire. It's $99.99, but Amazon has a bundle deal for an additional $10 where you also get a 35-mile range indoor antenna. That should be nice so that I can watch live events like the World Series, Oscars, Presidential debates, etc...

Does anyone here have the Vue? They offer a 7-day free trial, but I can't try it since I have nothing to sample it on. It sounds great. I just hope I'm not wasting $110 on a streaming device that I'm only buying for this one thing.

wheels

Re: PlayStation Vue

Post by wheels »

I'm tempted to try this out as well, I've got a PS4 so there's no hardware investment for me. I like that I don't need a standalone dvr either.

SEC Network sold me, that's the one channel I hadn't seen offered a la carte and I watch it quite a bit. If you do give this a go, please let us know what you think because I haven't run across anybody who's using it yet.

Dan

Re: PlayStation Vue

Post by Dan »

I dropped my cable TV today. Bill drops from $180 to $65 a month. I'll try Vue out this weekend. Going to go with the core package of channels at $35/month, so with the Internet I'll be paying $100/month for basically the same channels I watched anyway, saving me $80 per month.