A Way Out (Xbox One, PS4, Windows)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Sigma

A Way Out (Xbox One, PS4, Windows)

Post by Sigma »

Trailer: -

This is a game that has to be played with a friend in split screen co-op, either locally or online. It's a budget title and what's cool is that a person who's bought it can invite a person that hasn't bought it to play it online, then that person will get prompted to download it and can play through it without having to buy it. The only limitations are that a person who hasn't bought it can't invite other people to play it with them - they have to be invited by someone who's bought the game - and they can't unlock trophies/achievements.

It's a story-driven action adventure game and the gameplay is a mix of stealth, puzzle solving, platforming, driving, shooting and fighting. You play as two prisoners whose goal is to break out of prison then find the man that put them there so they can exact their revenge.

I played through it with a friend last night in one sitting. It took us 6½ hours, so it's not a long game, but it was a lot of fun. I'd say the worst aspect of it is the shooting as the gunplay feels pretty bad and you can just run up to enemies that are shooting at you and one hit kill them with melee, which is kinda comical, but shooting is not the focus of this game at all so it's far from a deal breaker.

Oh yeah, checkpoints are very frequent, so if you don't want to play through it in one sitting, you fail and have to go back to a checkpoint, or you get disconnected from the person you're playing with and have to reconnect, you really don't have to repeat much at all.

Recommended!

Ramen

Re: A Way Out (Xbox One, PS4, Windows)

Post by Ramen »

yeah, I want to get this but not sure who I would play with