The XBOX LIVE Thread

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

The XBOX LIVE Thread

Post by Smooth Lou »

Hey all!

The Holiday videogame shopping season will be on top of us in just three short weeks, so I thought I'd take this time to put up some topical Stickies.

For starters, we've got a system that I don't own yet, but with any luck, I will have before the end of the year.

This is the XBOX Live Thread. Please friends, post your GamerTags,set up games, talk about dope games and demos that can be found on there and keep this thread lively and sexy!

Love,

Smooth Lou

P.S.
Philaflava wrote:Holla @ me on XBox Live.

I finally registered "Philaflava."

It'll take me a bit to figure this thing out, but anyone who has NBA 2K, Madden, Table Tennis, Fight Night don't be shy.
---

GamerTags:

Philaflava
Murderface - wheels
slimebucato - slimebucato
clewsy1978 - Jizzy
IZVERG - Russian
Chale Holmes
chach3 - Random Sample
Cryptic One AF
ManwhOOOre - Manwhore
Alineofcocaine - artmajor
Andvil
Last edited by Smooth Lou on Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Just thought I'd let y'all know that if you have Perfect Dark Zero, you can download two classic GOLDENEYE levels off LIVE for free!

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

Can't wait for gears of war.

Gamertag is slimebucato, anyone feel free to add me.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Off that list defo Gears Of War. Shit looks amazing.

My gamertag is Clewsy1978.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

gow and rb6

gametag IZVERG

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Jizzy wrote:Off that list defo Gears Of War. Shit looks amazing.

Are other games coming out for Christmas that I missed? I didn't see any when I checked IGN.

barknee

Post by barknee »

Gears Of War just looks fucking unbelievable and finally convinced me to get a 360. I will be doing so as soon as payday comes around - if you're expecting a christmas present from me you're a SUCKER.

Also, as a bonafide Tony Hawks addict who has suffered through 2 years of total shit, the 360 version of Tony Hawks looks fucking incredible and has me completely hyped.
ImageImageImage

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

MajorNelson wrote:I spend much of last week commenting on this...and I'll talk more about how I feel on my show this week.

Also, I *JUST* got off a plane from the east coast, so it will take me a while to catch up on all the comments that were posted since I have been offline, so pardon me of I was not able to comment on this.

It's still unclear to me: *IS* this content available on other platforms within the games? If so, then no..I am not happy about this. I need to do more digging on this, but I have sent off some rather terse emails to some folks to get to the bottom of this. I am also not happy about you guys not being happy.
http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006 ... t.aspx#312

For those not aware, Major Nelson is the Xbox Director of Live Programming and the above comments were made in his personal blog.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

New Features on XBOX Live Update. Who among you has updated? What do you think?

[quote]New Features

* HD 1080p video mode support over VGA and component cables.
* Xbox 360ג„¢ HD DVD Player support.
* Stream WMV video from a Windows PC running Windows Media
Player 11, Zune software, or Windows Media Connect.
* Play video from storage devices such as USB flash drives, Xbox 360 Memory Units, etc.
* Play video from CD or DVD data discs.
* Xbox 360 Wireless Headset support, including battery level indicator in the Xbox Guide.
* Video support for 50 Hz HDTV modes (DVD and HD DVD only).
* Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel support.
* Set up automatic downloads of newly released Xbox Live Arcade trial games.
* Support for upcoming release of XNA Game Studio Express (separate download and subscription required.)
* Stream music, pictures and video from a Zune device.

Xbox Live Arcade

* Lightning-fast enumeration and listing of all Xbox Live

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Smooth Lou wrote:
Jizzy wrote:Off that list defo Gears Of War. Shit looks amazing.

Are other games coming out for Christmas that I missed? I didn't see any when I checked IGN.
Erm not really mate. I'm just looking forward to Call Of Duty 3, mainly for the online game. They need to make a vietnam game with that engine I'd cop that straight away.

BTW great news on the video updates. Seems strange that a system by Microsoft wouldnt have Media Player on.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

In case you missed it:
Philaflava wrote:Holla @ me on XBox Live.

I finally registered "Philaflava."

It'll take me a bit to figure this thing out, but anyone who has NBA 2K, Madden, Table Tennis, Fight Night don't be shy.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

IZVEG

add me

so cod3 comes out soon, i cant wait i wish this was tuesday

Chale Holmes

Post by Chale Holmes »

Any body getting Fuzion Frenzy 2. Comes out Tom.

My gamertag is Chale Holmes.

Get at me. I'll play FN3, halo, fuzion, saints row...and UNO is fucking crack

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I am chach3 add me if you like.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

The Bza wrote:Smackdown v Raw drops here this Friday and Live is gonna be the shit. So who's up for a six man tag match? Brits v Yanks!

I'll round up two UK heads to take on three Americans in a tag match (or whatever else you can do on the final version).

Who's down?
Last edited by Smooth Lou on Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Cryptic One AF

havent been playing shit online lately tho... maybe when i get cod3 or rb6

The Bza
O.G. Status

Post by The Bza »

Smooth Lou wrote:
The Bza wrote:Smackdown v Raw drops here this Friday and Live is gonna be the shit. So who's up for a six man tag match? Brits v Yanks!

I'll round up two UK heads to take on three Americans in a tag match (or whatever else you can do on the final version).

Who's down?
Cheers Smooth Lou! Step up bitches!

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Techtree.com wrote:Microsoft Corp has reportedly tied with several Hollywood studios to sell TV shows and rent movies that can be downloaded through its Xbox Live online video-game service and beamed straight onto consumers' television sets.

Beginning Nov 22, Xbox Live users equipped with the current generation Xbox 360 gaming console will be able to watch shows, including
CBS Corp's "CSI", Viacom's "South Park" on MTV Comedy Central; and movies such as Paramount Pictures' "Mission Impossible III" and "Jackass: The Movie", plus Warner Bros' "V for Vendetta" and "Superman Returns", amongst others.

Besides, Microsoft has signed agreements with Turner Broadcasting System and Ultimate Fighting Championship, which is a privately-held Las Vegas-based company that mainly broadcasts pay-per-view fights. The financial terms of none of the deals have been disclosed.

At the time of launch, Microsoft expects to make available around 750 hours of programming, with the number intended to increase to nearly 1,000 hours by end-2006.

All of the programming, a majority of it in standard definition, and some in high definition; will be made available via Xbox 360 to Xbox Live (free/paid) users. As such, gamers with broadband connections will be able to send text/voice messages to each other, as also watch movie trailers and other such.

While the cost of the downloads has not been revealed, Microsoft says prices of standard definition programs will be in line with those offered by competitors, including Apple Computer's iTunes Store, MovieLink, CinemaNow, and Amazon's Unbox.

Typically, high definition content will cost more than standard definition programming. With movies, Microsoft customers will have a two week window from the time of download to the time of watching, but once they begin watching, they will have only 24 hours to keep it. Whereas, television shows will be available for purchase through Xbox Live.

As of now, there are nearly 4 million subscribers to Microsoft's Xbox Live. However, the catch is that the new video download service works only with the latest version of Xbox 360.

Given the explosion of video on the Web, Microsoft says that the USP of its new service is its ability to allow consumers watch programming content right on their TV sets rather than on computers, iPods, and other portable devices. In fact, the company is hopeful, the new service will be one more feather in its cap, one that will enhance its presence in consumers' living rooms...

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Gaming Bits wrote: Konami's Contra Coming To Xbox Live Arcade This Wednesday

Written by Rivithed
Monday, 06 November 2006
Konami's classic side-scrolling co-op shooter comes to Xbox Live Arcade this Wednesday. Microsoft has announced Contra for the Xbox 360's Xbox Live Arcade.

From Microsoft:

ג€œContraג€ for Xbox Live Arcade includes enhanced graphics and sound and also features new multiplayer cooperative gameplay, allowing you and a buddy to work together from either the same console or through Xbox Live. Game features include:

Players can opt to play the original arcade game or play in the enhanced mode with improved graphics and sounds

Xbox Live Multiplayer: Battle all 8 levels together over Xbox Live, or locally on the same console

Xbox Live features: Players can see how they rank against their friends with worldwide leaderboards and achievements

12 achievements: ג€œContraג€ offers achievements which range from straightforward to challenging for players of all skill levels

New visuals: Enjoy enhanced artwork including rendered new bullet effects and explosions

Contra will be available for download from the Xbox Live Marketplace on Wednesday, November 8 for 400 Microsoft Points. Get your Konami code ready!

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Smooth Lou wrote:

Written by Rivithed
Monday, 06 November 2006
Konami's classic side-scrolling co-op shooter comes to Xbox Live Arcade this Wednesday. Microsoft has announced Contra for the Xbox 360's Xbox Live Arcade.

From Microsoft:

ג€œContraג€ for Xbox Live Arcade includes enhanced graphics and sound and also features new multiplayer cooperative gameplay, allowing you and a buddy to work together from either the same console or through Xbox Live. Game features include:

Players can opt to play the original arcade game or play in the enhanced mode with improved graphics and sounds

Xbox Live Multiplayer: Battle all 8 levels together over Xbox Live, or locally on the same console

Xbox Live features: Players can see how they rank against their friends with worldwide leaderboards and achievements

12 achievements: ג€œContraג€ offers achievements which range from straightforward to challenging for players of all skill levels

New visuals: Enjoy enhanced artwork including rendered new bullet effects and explosions

Contra will be available for download from the Xbox Live Marketplace on Wednesday, November 8 for 400 Microsoft Points. Get your Konami code ready!
now this is some good news! yo so its going to match you up with another dude and youll both go through the game? i loved this game when i was a kid

Chale Holmes

Post by Chale Holmes »

Russian wrote:
Smooth Lou wrote:

Written by Rivithed
Monday, 06 November 2006

From Microsoft:

now this is some good news! yo so its going to match you up with another dude and youll both go through the game? i loved this game when i was a kid

Yes, you can do Co-op. I copped this joint yesterday......

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, select, start.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Smooth Lou wrote:FIRST LEGITIMATE COMPARISON OF PS3 & 360 GRAPHICS.

360 for the win. :ohsh:
man thats just one game, doesnt say anything

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Russian wrote:

True. But even then, :ohsh:

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Smooth Lou wrote:
Russian wrote:

yeh i donno L

i like xbox for xbl and for some dope games, if ps3 gives me some dope games ill play thems tooo

i would buy ps3 this month but my woman will shoot me in the face and fuck me with a broomstick

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Russian wrote:
Smooth Lou wrote:
Russian wrote:

yeh i donno L

i like xbox for xbl and for some dope games, if ps3 gives me some dope games ill play thems tooo

If I buy a PS3 this month it's because I would like Sony to shoot me in the face and fuck me with a broomstick.
Fixed.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Smooth Lou wrote:
Russian wrote:
Smooth Lou wrote:
Russian wrote:

yeh i donno L

If I buy a PS3 this month it's because I would like Sony to shoot me in the face and fuck me with a broomstick.
Fixed.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

just picked my 360 up.

manwh000re

add me

:grin:

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

manwhore wrote:just picked my 360 up.

manwh000re

add me

Three 0's? That's some hardcore manwhoring going on over there!

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

Smooth Lou wrote:
manwhore wrote:just picked my 360 up.

manwh000re

add me

Three 0's? That's some hardcore manwhoring going on over there!

lol, it took me over half an hour to come up with a name containing a 'manwh0re' that wasnt already in use.