Carlos Mencia getting owned on stage by Joe Rogan

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

ANT8U

Post by ANT8U »

even though he steals, you cant help but feel a little bad for the guy.
guess he had it comin.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

ANT8U wrote:even though he steals, you cant help but feel a little bad for the guy.
guess he had it comin.
He was on some radio station yesterday in LA calling Joe Rogan gay.

After a week of stewing on it, the comic genius could only come up with "he's on steroids and is probably gay."

Apparently, the mind of Mencia stopped aging at about 11 or so.

EDIT: Linky-poo

Lance Goodthrust

Post by Lance Goodthrust »

Finally got around to watching this. Respect to Joe Rogan. Nice to see somebody willing to pull Mencia's card to his face. Hell, on Stern once he even called out Denis Leary for biting Bill Hicks.

Apart from that I like most of Rogan's stand up. And to add on to the money stand ups working today, Doug Stanhope needs thrown into the mix. The most twisted mind in comedy today.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

i kinda like carlos mencia because he's :hyphy: . i mean he's usually not that funny altho he does have his moments (check his live in san jose dvd, hilarious) but the dude is crazy and is in your face w/ his jokes like a hyphy maniac and i like that.

ok yea he's a :ironmike: and im not sayin thats coo but dont hate the playa. hes famous now and all the other joke writing fools arent because they're not :hyphy: enough.
Moolah wrote:
Smithee wrote:I'd like to personally thank Andrew Bogut.
:cheers:

Nacho Vidal

Post by Nacho Vidal »

Allan Smithee wrote: ok yea he's a :ironmike: and im not sayin thats coo
Is that what the Mike Tyson emoticon symbolized all along? Thank you for enlightening me.
"Word is bond, I am the baddest...and all the honeys out there, word is bond, you know my status"

FreshShabazz

Post by FreshShabazz »

Philaflava wrote:Rogan is a cool guy but he isnג€™t ג€œthatג€ funny.
I agree. It's almost since he's not that good of a comic that becoming "the joke stealing police" has become his way to stay relevant in the community.

It's like the mediocre ball-player who becomes head of the players union.

"the hardest thing is to forgive, but God does/ even if you've murdered and robbed, yeah it's wrong, but God loves/ take one step towards him, he takes two towards you/ even when all else fails God supports you."

binary

Post by binary »

Allan Smithee wrote:i kinda like carlos mencia because he's :hyphy: . i mean he's usually not that funny altho he does have his moments (check his live in san jose dvd, hilarious) but the dude is crazy and is in your face w/ his jokes like a hyphy maniac and i like that.

ok yea he's a :ironmike: and im not sayin thats coo but dont hate the playa. hes famous now and all the other joke writing fools arent because they're not :hyphy: enough.
Rogan is plenty famous and has plenty of bank.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

i don't know, i haven't seen his act in quite sometime, but back when he used to make frequent appearances on that old showtime series "full frontal comedy," i thought he was pretty hilarious. but that's when i first heard of him and it was probably almost ten years ago.

Epitome

Post by Epitome »

Oh shit. That was him! I forgot all about that show. He KILLED on that show. That bit he did about, when you're in Jr. High, having a girl jerk you off is like brushing your teeth with your opposite hand was :lol: :lol:

"I love california. the other day some bum was like "gimme a dollar, I SAID GIMME A DOLLA!!!!!" and I told him to sit down and shut the fuck up. and he did. cause real talk I will knock a bum the fuck out." --BeHemoth

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

FreshShabazz wrote:
I agree. It's almost since he's not that good of a comic that becoming "the joke stealing police" has become his way to stay relevant in the community.

True, but that is an important job in and of itself, and it needs to be handled by someone within the community.

I don't think I've ever seen Rogan do standup, but I'm all for whistleblowers when the whistle needs to be blown.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

ChristPuncher wrote:Bobby Lee defending Mencia:

http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=227205
That's a dude who DOESNT want to lose is opening act gig. C'mon.

Panama

Post by Panama »

Philaflava wrote:

That's a dude who DOESNT want to lose is opening act gig. C'mon.
true but at the end of the video, Bobby lee said "it's high school shit"

that's on point

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

Smooth Lou wrote:
FreshShabazz wrote:

True, but that is an important job in and of itself, and it needs to be handled by someone within the community.

I don't think I've ever seen Rogan do standup, but I'm all for whistleblowers when the whistle needs to be blown.
And thing is, dude is physically, a threat...So he's got no reason to fear most comedians.

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

i still remember when Mencia was a regular on Wild 94.9's The Dog House, but stopped coming by when they found out Carlos Mencia wasn't his real name and that he steals jokes...

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Carlos Mencia went on the Mikey radio show in San Diego to discuss the Joe Rogan incident. Carlos discusses the fight and starts talking about the new bits hes doing. The new bit he is discussing is a stolen bit from another radio show. The DJ announces Carlos is banned from the Mikey show now for using stolen material.
Link.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Wouldn't it make more sense for Mencia to get someone who WASNT on Rogan's video to come to his defense?

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

ANT8U wrote:even though he steals, you cant help but feel a little bad for the guy.
guess he had it comin.
Not at all.
Philaflava wrote:If you arenג€™t name Maher, Louis C.K., Chappelle, Rock, Stewart, Carlin, Seinfeld, Lange, R. Williams then I really donג€™t care to hear any of your jokes today.
Are you one of those Republicans who thinks Colbert is being serious?
I <3 Employee.

BayAreaHustla408

Post by BayAreaHustla408 »

Kalistoga Von Fretmeyer wrote:i still remember when Mencia was a regular on Wild 94.9's The Dog House, but stopped coming by when they found out Carlos Mencia wasn't his real name and that he steals jokes...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Myjah wrote:
guess he had it comin.
Not at all.
Philaflava wrote:If you arenג€™t name Maher, Louis C.K., Chappelle, Rock, Stewart, Carlin, Seinfeld, Lange, R. Williams then I really donג€™t care to hear any of your jokes today.
Not sure where you pulled the Rep remark from considering all those comedians are far from Rep supporters and I don't watch Comedy Centeral anymore.

binary

Post by binary »

Kalel wrote:
Carlos Mencia went on the Mikey radio show in San Diego to discuss the Joe Rogan incident. Carlos discusses the fight and starts talking about the new bits hes doing. The new bit he is discussing is a stolen bit from another radio show. The DJ announces Carlos is banned from the Mikey show now for using stolen material.
Link.
:ohsh:

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

binary wrote:
Kalel wrote:
Link.
:ohsh:
Ooooh! Clowny McClowned!

Req

Post by Req »

lol@admitting on videocam that Carlos takes your jokes and then taking it all back and callin the feud high school shit

no Bobby, high school shit is talking shit behind your boy's back, getting caught and then getting all apologetic like you're above it all.

he might as well tattoo "Mencia's Bitch" on his forehead from this moment onwards.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Req wrote:

lol@admitting on videocam that Carlos takes your jokes and then taking it all back and callin the feud high school shit

no Bobby, high school shit is talking shit behind your boy's back, getting caught and then getting all apologetic like you're above it all.

he might as well tattoo "Mencia's Bitch" on his forehead from this moment onwards.
Stand up Comedy isn't like hip hop though.

He can't just start a feud and get props off name recognition or whatever, he (unfortunately) had very little choice considering that Mencia's only plan is to blacklist anyone who opposes him, and unless Bobby Lee is gonna go on tour with Rogan (which isn't going to happen anytime soon), he has to eat his words and move forward with his tiny career.

It sucks, a lot, but there's no other choice. Mencia's a fucking douchenozzle for this one (and for everything else).

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

i hate the Mikey Show....
Moolah wrote:
Smithee wrote:I'd like to personally thank Andrew Bogut.
:cheers:

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

Philaflava wrote:
Myjah wrote:
guess he had it comin.
Not at all.
Not sure where you pulled the Rep remark from considering all those comedians are far from Rep supporters and I don't watch Comedy Centeral anymore.
The point was you didn't list Colbert on your list.
I <3 Employee.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

bernie mack isnt on the list?