28 Weeks Later was actually pretty good...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Smooth Lou wrote:I loved part one all the way up until the last 20 minutes or so, and I'm still wondering if anyone can explain how Cillian Murphy is in the forest and is running around with the zombies everywhere and none of them tries to kill him. That just doesn't make any god damn sense to me and really took me out of the movie.
Is anyone capable of explaining this? If not, what is your justification for still enjoying this movie so god damn much?

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Smooth Lou wrote:
Smooth Lou wrote:I loved part one all the way up until the last 20 minutes or so, and I'm still wondering if anyone can explain how Cillian Murphy is in the forest and is running around with the zombies everywhere and none of them tries to kill him. That just doesn't make any god damn sense to me and really took me out of the movie.
Is anyone capable of explaining this? If not, what is your justification for still enjoying this movie so god damn much?
when he's in the boat at the beginning?

he says he drives it down to a military installment prolly something along the lines of the all male military base found in the first movie

anyway i thought this was a good sequel, the first one was prolly one of the better horror movies ever for the first half then got stupid with the military camp full of rapists, this movie was more even throughout...

a couple questions

did dudes wife really forgive him or was she just batshit, when i first seen him kiss her i thought she wanted to infect him, then when she saw him as a rage monster it didn't look that way(who wants to get their eyeballs pushed back into their skull?)

so does this set up another sequel, america has to lock its borders down while the world is ravaged by the rage virus?

alleycat

Post by alleycat »

it was interesting to see the depiction of the u.s. military. the mass killing of civilians, the fire bombing reminiscent of dresden, the lack of control in the "green zone", the 2 good soldiers (woman+sniper) were the ones that disobeyed orders.
the first scene at the house was by far the best in the movie. followed by the nightvision in the subway and the kiss scene in the medical center.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Smooth Lou wrote:
when he's in the boat at the beginning?

he says he drives it down to a military installment prolly something along the lines of the all male military base found in the first movie

anyway i thought this was a good sequel, the first one was prolly one of the better horror movies ever for the first half then got stupid with the military camp full of rapists, this movie was more even throughout...

a couple questions

did dudes wife really forgive him or was she just batshit, when i first seen him kiss her i thought she wanted to infect him, then when she saw him as a rage monster it didn't look that way(who wants to get their eyeballs pushed back into their skull?)

so does this set up another sequel, america has to lock its borders down while the world is ravaged by the rage virus?
My question in the earlier post was how can anyone who has seen 28 DAYS Later explain how he was walking around the woods with the zombies and wasn't getting attacked?

service

Post by service »

you never saw him with the zombies outside the compound.

i always assumed that when they killed a ton of them when the base was attacked during dinner that it wiped out all the zombies in the area, at least for the time being.

Skeptic

Post by Skeptic »

Smooth Lou wrote:
Do you mean the Robert Carlysle character?

edit: Oh shit, looks like I missed the bit with Murphy.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Skeptic wrote:
Smooth Lou wrote:
Do you mean the Robert Carlysle character?

edit: Oh shit, looks like I missed the bit with Murphy.
I'M TALKING ABOUT THE ORIGINAL MOVIE 28 DAYS LATER. IF ANYONE CAN PLEASE EXPLAIN THE PART IN THE ORIGINAL MOVIE WHERE... Aw forget it.

service

Post by service »

service wrote:you never saw him with the zombies outside the compound.

i always assumed that when they killed a ton of them when the base was attacked during dinner that it wiped out all the zombies in the area, at least for the time being.

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

Post by TheEnglishProfessorGuy »

I enjoyed this movie....but Lou, you took the words right out of my mouth about the Dad just popping up all over London. That was stupid.

I liked this better than the first.

P.S. Is this the crap Michael left LOST for? A HELICOPTER ROLE?! :naswtf:

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

It was so good I didn't noticed how irrelevant it was until the car ride home.

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

Im also assuming the next movie will be titled "28 Months Later" = 2 years 4 months and will be set in France

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

the stupidest bullshit ive ever seen.
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Its a fucking good movie.

Reviewers can't handle it, its an intense movie.

I had a wierd theory about why the dad had more ability to reason than any other rage victim. But nobody cares anyway.

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

HomeSkillet wrote:Its a fucking good movie.

I had a wierd theory about why the dad had more ability to reason than any other rage victim. But nobody cares anyway.
I do...please share

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

TheEnglishProfessorGuy wrote:
HomeSkillet wrote:Its a fucking good movie.

I do...please share
Oh well if not for this, than what nerdoffness is the interwebs worth...

...What if the mental state of the "victim" at the time of infection was taken into account - every other rage victim was in fight or flight mode, the point at which the most basic animal instincts take over, the dad was the only one in both movies to fully turn rage who was also not infected during a time of panic, but in fact was infected during a time of deep emotional bonding - kissing his thought to be dead wife.

He was the only rage zombie to really seem to want to kill his victims, not eat them. He punctured eyes, stalked slowly, jumped out of shadows - displayed deep reasoning that just didn't seem available to the other rage zombies.

His anger seemed to be fueled on a deeper level than just kill, he seemed to derive a sick serial killer pleasure out of it.

I guess kind of think of the rage virus as horrible LSD, or Jacob's Ladder, you know? LSD shrooms, even weed affect the mind powerfully, but are dependent on the user's mental state and the state of the environment around them as well.

Anyway, yeah. I just like that it is some shit that doesn't get made often, lots of critics want to write it off for what it gets wrong, but that opening scene was the saving private ryan moment of horror movies. That shit was real.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

jimmy78 wrote:I assume the sniper was played by this Stringer bloke that someone mentioned? He was dope, can't think what i've seen him in before? Was it another horror-ish movie?
He was in National Lampoon's Senior Trip.

Anyway, I really liked this movie.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Just saw 28 DAYS LATER for the first time since I originally watched it and have realized that I've been hating on this movie for a scene that doesn't even exist. I am willing to admit my error, and also that I was possibly high / having sex / both upon the initial viewing.

Still though, I prefer the sequel.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

ya i was gonna say i didn't even remember the scene you were talking about.

service

Post by service »

service wrote:

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

service wrote:
service wrote:

:lol: Thanks!

Post by 360 »

Jut saw this last night. Much better than the first. The first scene was awsome. The song that was playing and that was played throughout the movie really complimented it. The situations that the victims were put in were impossible which was fun to watch. The girl in the flick was fucking extremely pretty. Her name is...

Imogen Poots..lol

tf is that.

The Drunken Poet

Post by The Drunken Poet »

This was a respectable sequel, I can't really complain, I was very entertained, it was much better than it should've been...but Dad the super-zombie was a bit much for me.

I can't say I'm all that excited about the third installment, English Zombie in Paris, but it may surprise me, who knows...
'Nuff said.

Post by 360 »

The Drunken Poet wrote:This was a respectable sequel, I can't really complain, I was very entertained, it was much better than it should've been...but Dad the super-zombie was a bit much for me.

I can't say I'm all that excited about the third installment, English Zombie in Paris, but it may surprise me, who knows...
I agree about the father.

Also, at first, i thought it was a bit corny how the infection reconstructed through a kiss.. then I appreciated the irony of it and it was all good. That was one ugly kiss, though I get that it was supposed to be like that, however.

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

i liked it. it was more consistent than 28 days later (which began to suck balls halfway though), but this one ended up falling off at the end too.

nevertheless i was entertained

hopefully when I die I will go out in a blaze of glory in a similar apocalyptic zombie holocaust