Harry Potter and the etc etc

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

SuperFeen

Harry Potter and the etc etc

Post by SuperFeen »

Saw a midnight showing last night and thought it was good, though not as impressive as the last 2 flicks.

In PoA and GoF they were really able to take these big unwieldy stories and make them flow pretty well, something that this movie really lacks. Random patches of the movie just jump around needlessly and the dialogue was really contrived at times but overall it was enjoyable.

and the entire battle at the Ministry of Magic was amazing, the way the represented disapparating was :ohsh:

citizen

Post by citizen »

these movies have all been pretty entertaining

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i haven't seen all of them but i'm a fan of the ones i've seen, and i've never read a word of the books. really well done fantasy
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Panama

Post by Panama »

The Books >>>>>>>>>>The Movies

goldenstateofmind

Post by goldenstateofmind »

what is this, the fourth or fifth movie? i'm really out of the loop on this. i read the first 3 in the 6th grade and havent read another one nor seen any of the movies

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

goldenstateofmind wrote:what is this, the fourth or fifth movie? i'm really out of the loop on this. i read the first 3 in the 6th grade and havent read another one nor seen any of the movies
it's the 5th movie, and the 7th book comes out some time next week. it's a crazy time to be a fan.

and generally I agree with Panama, the books just have so much more to them, but I can't hate on the last 3 movies, shit is too good.

I walked out of the theater thinking how did they make grown men waving around wands be so bad ass? because seriously the last action scene in this movie is fucking certified madness.

NovaLux

Post by NovaLux »

Panama wrote:The Books >>>>>>>>>>The Movies
I like the movies, but they lack depth. I really felt this movie was over-edited, or maybe under-shot? Anyway, they left a lot out, and took some wild liberties with several parts. I think the result was entertaining, but 1) not as true to the books as the other movies, and 2) choppy with some scenes awkwardly drawn out and some unnatural interactions/conversation.

Sideways

Post by Sideways »

I'm glad the chick in it is now of legal age so I can fantasise without guilt.

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

Post by TheEnglishProfessorGuy »

NovaLux wrote:
I like the movies, but they lack depth. I really felt this movie was over-edited, or maybe under-shot? Anyway, they left a lot out, and took some wild liberties with several parts. I think the result was entertaining, but 1) not as true to the books as the other movies, and 2) choppy with some scenes awkwardly drawn out and some unnatural interactions/conversation.
I agree.

I love the books....just finished the 6th....EAGERLY awaiting next saturday.

I think Im gonna rent the Wii game tonight. Heard its the best yet (which isnt saying much)

Panama

Post by Panama »

NovaLux wrote:
Oh fuck

I meant to post that the Books are far superior than the movies (Although I enjoy the movies)

Don't post when you're have asleep, it's not a good idea

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

from the movies that i have seen, i would rank this one pretty low.
shit does abruptly jump from one scene to the next.
and its like damn, can they get this Voldemort faggot already??

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

i was wondering when a thread was gonna pop up on this.

havent seen it yet but i am excited about it. honestly this might have been my least favorite book of the bunch. took about 700 pages to get going, so i assumed the movie would be my least favorite.

thought goblet was damn good, and did a good job keeping the important parts of the book.

book six, the half blood prince is killer and is gonna make a great flick.

really excited for the last book

oh yeah and i forgot to mention im obviously a giant nerd, but atleast i dont like the transformers.

NovaLux

Post by NovaLux »

Panama wrote:
NovaLux wrote:
Oh fuck

I meant to post that the Books are far superior than the movies (Although I enjoy the movies)

Am I missing something? Isn't that what you said? I was agreeing with you.

Panama

Post by Panama »

NovaLux wrote:
Panama wrote:
NovaLux wrote:
Oh fuck

Am I missing something? Isn't that what you said? I was agreeing with you.
No your not missing anything

I confused the shit out myself ( It has to due with the proper use of ">")

I'm gonna leave this thread now :sad:

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

the last two movies are so much more superior then the first two movies.....it's like i'm not watching movies from the same franchise.

haven't seen the 5th one yet.

Dids

Post by Dids »

This one was really hard to make into a movie and be terribly good. I thought they did as good a job as possible, but all the best parts of the book aren't very Harry centric, and you can't make a Harry Potter movie that isn't about Harry Potter.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

My problem with the last two movies is that they rushed through the dialogue and glossed over any scenes that actually explain what or why things are happening. Characters weren't really developed properly and if you hadn't read the books you wouldn't really know what the fuck was going on.