Austrailia (the movie about the country)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

ardamus
O.G. Status

Austrailia (the movie about the country)

Post by ardamus »

Ok, I went to see this shit because I was bored and I figured there was some wild shit going on it. I was getting pissed to a certain degree because the film centered around herding cattle from one part of Austrailia to another for a second; that got boring from time to time. But it didn't end there and was glad to see some action in that shit.

But I can say that (most importantly) I learned more about the Aboriginies. And I didn't know they would force kids into missionary camps like that back then because they were mixed and came from a different culture. Thats some real bullshit. Anyone see this film?
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i heard nothing but terrible things about this

see the rabbit proof fence or walkabout
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

drizzle wrote:i heard nothing but terrible things about this

see the rabbit proof fence or walkabout
Go back to petting Alias's nuts, you ghey for Minbender stalker fuckface weirdo. Its like the lame-joke fairy took a shit in your ear while you were sleeping and told you to make more bitchmade posts again. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Anyways, it was mediocre to be honest with you. If you read instead trying to be a Seinfeld one-liner reject like you've usually have been for about the last 1000 posts you made, you'd see I was saying the history behind the Aboriginies was the best part about it. Now, go ahead and try and photoshop some more bullshit about me.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

and if you read instead of going all :jaz: you'd see i recommended two infinitely superior movies on the subject that interests you

i wasn't even trying to be funny, i've genuinly heard nothing but bad things about it

i haven't made a photoshop about you since i put you in the hitler thing i think

sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities buttercup

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

not even, figrued i'd fuck with you back since you've gotten me before. forget about it. and i asked for that photoshop so it makes it even funnier; i think. :lol:

but for real, the whole thing about the Aboriginies is some pretty ill shit. putting those kids in those camps to assimilate in white society. and it wasn't even that long ago since they've gotten rid of the law for that and offered a public apology. thats part of the reason why i made this thread.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

:rofl: i'm all out of whack at teh end of the day again, i can't even tell jokes apart

you should really see rabit proof fence though, it takes place in the 30s and has a lot of the themes that struck a nerve with you. 3 aborigine girls get kidnapped by the goverment and put into an assimilation camp to be trained as house workers for the Y-Tz, they escape and basically have to walk like 1500 miles home through the outback. Crazy crazy shit

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

drizzle wrote::rofl: i'm all out of whack at teh end of the day again, i can't even tell jokes apart

you should really see rabit proof fence though, it takes place in the 30s and has a lot of the themes that struck a nerve with you. 3 aborigine girls get kidnapped by the goverment and put into an assimilation camp to be trained as house workers for the Y-Tz, they escape and basically have to walk like 1500 miles home through the outback. Crazy crazy shit

BIGOT.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

shut up trademark you owned half the brown people on the prison continent until la mooh rode in on an emu and liberated them and showed you what's what

you're probably dreaming of moustache rides from tom selleck right now and getting all quigley down under if you catch my drift, hoping for a dude that looks like mad max to proposition you

Mark 563

Re: Austrailia (the movie about the country)

Post by Mark 563 »

ardamus wrote: But I can say that (most importantly) I learned more about the Aboriginies. And I didn't know they would force kids into missionary camps like that back then because they were mixed and came from a different culture. Thats some real bullshit. Anyone see this film?
The treatment of Australia's indigenous population overall is pretty dissgracefull.

Research the 'Stolen Generation', whom Australia's new Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, finally gave a public appology to last year.

That shit is foul, and was going on as recently as in the 70s.

Dark.

Not seen the movie, and have no intention of - I've heard nothing but awfull reports of how inaccurate and pretentious it is.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

dude, making a diss of australian films without in some way including crocodile dundee or rescuers down under is disgraceful.

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

Back in the day, MT2 and I used to occasionally patronize a bar in the East 90s called, absurdly enough, Australia: The Bar.

Thereafter, the nation was exclusively known as Australia: The Country.

Obviously, the release of Australia: the Movie was the source of much merriment.

Walkabout rules.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

movie would be better if it was "Wolverine in Australia"

remake all of hugh jackman movies into wolverine movies and they'll be 10 times better.

except maybe the prestige and The fountain?

Swordfish with wolverine hacking away at computers with his adamantium claws.

kate and logan.

Van Wolverine

anything else?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Re: Austrailia (the movie about the country)

Post by ardamus »

Mark 563 wrote:
ardamus wrote: But I can say that (most importantly) I learned more about the Aboriginies. And I didn't know they would force kids into missionary camps like that back then because they were mixed and came from a different culture. Thats some real bullshit. Anyone see this film?
The treatment of Australia's indigenous population overall is pretty dissgracefull.

Research the 'Stolen Generation', whom Australia's new Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, finally gave a public appology to last year.

That shit is foul, and was going on as recently as in the 70s.

Dark.

Not seen the movie, and have no intention of - I've heard nothing but awfull reports of how inaccurate and pretentious it is.
Thats part if what concerns me. Even I just learned about this mistreament going on in Austrailia, I definitely have to question how accurate this film was about it.

There some pretty fucking corny parts in it. Like this whole shit about herding cattle from one part to another was weak as fuck. And it had alot of the typical medoore shit in a movie that you see. When it came down to the bombs and guns and shit, the movie actually got better.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

I have no desire to see this.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:movie would be better if it was "Wolverine in Australia"

remake all of hugh jackman movies into wolverine movies and they'll be 10 times better.

kate and logan.

Van Wolverine

anything else?
Wolverine with magic powers? Sounds like a winner to me.

Wolverine also hosted the Tony Awards and if you think about it long enough your head might spin around and pop off.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

actually

honestly

australia is probably top ten of the year for me

not that I expect anyone to agree or feel like I have especially good reasons for it

but I don't know, I was eating up its 40's romantic melodrama goofball vibe

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

^^ actually, someone in the onion put this down as the top guilty pleasure of the year, so there's two of you. get a room homos

admiral

Post by admiral »

jesus ardamus, you could have rented a fucking movie instead

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Kalel wrote:

kate and logan.

Van Wolverine

anything else?

Wolverine also hosted the Tony Awards and if you think about it long enough your head might spin around and pop off.
Wolverine hosting the Tony Awards would be dope if everytime someone accepted an award, he'd gut them with his adamantium claws and be like "sorry bub, heard you're infected with the ghey legacy virus"

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Kalel wrote:

kate and logan.

Van Wolverine

anything else?

Wolverine hosting the Tony Awards would be dope if everytime someone accepted an award, he'd gut them with his adamantium claws and be like "sorry bub, heard you're infected with the ghey legacy virus"

:lol:

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Kalel wrote:

kate and logan.

Van Wolverine

anything else?

Also, The Prestige with Wolverine would last 5 minutes because he'd kill everyone in the movie because Magic is gay and supposedly, all real magic is derived from David Bowie, who is also known as The Ghey.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

admiral wrote:jesus ardamus, you could have rented a fucking movie instead
and you could've offed yourself with that M-16 in that one picture but didn't. could've, would've, should've......

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Kalel wrote:

kate and logan.

Van Wolverine

anything else?

Also, The Prestige with Wolverine would last 5 minutes because he'd kill everyone in the movie because Magic is gay and supposedly, all real magic is derived from David Bowie, who is also known as The Ghey.
"You're dead to me."

citizen

Post by citizen »

this thread sucks

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Kalel wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Kalel wrote:

kate and logan.

Van Wolverine

anything else?

"You're dead to me."
david bowie is actually one of my favorites. but even though his wifey is hot, he is THE GHEY

the brow

Post by the brow »

drizzle wrote:you're probably dreaming of moustache rides from tom selleck right now and getting all quigley down under if you catch my drift, hoping for a dude that looks like mad max to proposition you
YEAH, THIS QUEEN OF THE DESERT CAN GO CRY IN THE DARK. GOT THAT, YOUNG EINSTEIN? BETTER FIRE UP THE CHOPPER AND FIND NEMO BEFORE I ROMPER STOMPER YOUR CROCODILE DUNDEE 2.
Shoot bro, I got a waterproof suit yo.

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

This thread > Any Baz Luhrman movie

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

cascarrabias wrote:This thread > Any Baz Luhrman movie
Romeo and Juliet >>> all

Leonardo Dicaprio is so dreamy.