The Seth Rogen Effect

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Paul Rudd doesn't have near the leading man skills that McBride or James Franco have. I'm not a Rudd hater or anything, but I don't understand why people jock him so much. He's a good person to have in a mensch sidekick role, but he's not as funny as McBride, Franco, or Jonah Hill to me.

The people acting suprised that Franco can come with the funny obviously haven't seen Freaks & Geeks.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Icesickle wrote:Paul Rudd doesn't have near the leading man skills that McBride or James Franco have. I'm not a Rudd hater or anything, but I don't understand why people jock him so much. He's a good person to have in a mensch sidekick role, but he's not as funny as McBride, Franco, or Jonah Hill to me.

:larry:
rudds range eclipses both those guys.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

rudd probably has range as an actor in general, that is true. but he doesn't see to have a strong enough screen presence to be a leading man.

maybe it just seems that way because he never had a chance to prove himself though.

he's def better than Jonah Hill though, c'mon now.

and franco is just a good actor period, comedy or otherwise. way better than most (maybe all) named in the thread so far
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Blockhead wrote:
Icesickle wrote:Paul Rudd doesn't have near the leading man skills that McBride or James Franco have. I'm not a Rudd hater or anything, but I don't understand why people jock him so much. He's a good person to have in a mensch sidekick role, but he's not as funny as McBride, Franco, or Jonah Hill to me.

:larry: your :larry:

Franco >>> McBride > Rudd

Watching Rudd try to carry Role Models was like watching somebody with cerebral palsy try to juggle fire. Thank god the rest of the movie was good enough to make up for it.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

tehgiftofgab wrote:word @ the observe and report love

i started reading through the thread hoping someone would mention it
I didn't even like the movie too much, but I can admit that Seth did his thing.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

paul rudd is a better actor then james franco?

when did this happen?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Captin Planit wrote:
Blockhead wrote:

:larry: your :larry:

Franco >>> McBride > Rudd

Watching Rudd try to carry Role Models was like watching somebody with cerebral palsy try to juggle fire. Thank god the rest of the movie was good enough to make up for it.
if you don't think rudd has more range i don't know what to tell you.
franco is the man. he played an amazing stoner. he's definitely funny. didn't see "milk but i'm sure he's fine in that. however, he was AWFUL in the spiderman movies. like, really bad. i just don't think that kind of shit is his niche. mcbride has one and a half characters. they are both totally awesome. but that's it.
rudd has been all sorts of things. from "i love you man" (which i think he pulled off "awkward dork" very well), to "wet hot american summer" to "the baxter" to "knocked up" they were all different and funny. in fact, outside of some gay as rom-com's i've never seen him be wack in anything.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

I thought James Franco was by far the best actor in the Spiderman series. LOL @ "I haven't seen milk but i'm sure he's fine in it". That's like saying "I've never seen Michael Jordan play but i'm pretty sure he's at least a pretty good ball player."

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

he is good in milk, but they don't really give him much to work with
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:I thought James Franco was by far the best actor in the Spiderman series. LOL @ "I haven't seen milk but i'm sure he's fine in it". That's like saying "I've never seen Michael Jordan play but i'm pretty sure he's at least a pretty good ball player."
i felt like franco was just kinda there in the spiderman series. wide range of emotions are not his strong point. but, in his defense, it's not like anyone is watching spiderman for the awesome acting.
as for "milk", yeah...what can i say? didn't have much interest in it.
i like franco and think he's was dope in "pineapple express" and "freaks and geeks" , but both roles are similar. my whole point was about range to play different characters. rudd has done that successfully throughout his career. mcbride and franco, not so much. whatever though, they're all dope so who really gives a shit?

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

Franco played a serious role in some movie where he's a boxer in the military... he was dope in that movie.

the kid has some chops.

it's a shame he does shit like Kate & Leopold or whatever the fuck that Irish love/battle movie was. I feel like I accidentally referenced a Meg Ryan movie?

anyways, Franco's career path makes his role in Pineapple Express all the more enjoyable.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

GM Dizzy Skillespie wrote:anyways, Franco's career path makes his role in Pineapple Express all the more enjoyable.
word