Forbes Top 10 Earning Comedians 2008

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

ackbar
Super Canadian

Forbes Top 10 Earning Comedians 2008

Post by ackbar »

[quote]1) Jerry Seinfeld
Estimated Earnings*: $85 million
The comedian-turned-TV superstar continues to cash in on the syndication rights for Seinfeld more than a decade after the show ended its run on NBC. He brings in millions more doing stand-up on the road. What's more, he was reportedly paid $10 million to star in a Microsoft ad alongside Bill Gates; the marketing campaign eventually ditched.
*Between June 1, 2008, and June 1, 2009.

2) Chris Rock
Estimated Earnings*: $42 million
Between June 2008 and June 2009, the multitasking comic added multiple Hollywood films to his r

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

Fuck Jerry being #1
That fool has enough money.
He needs to fall off like Cosby.

List needs :larry:

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

Matter of fact fuckk all of those guys except Chris.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

the seinfeld hate is ghey

most of the loot is because of the best sitcom ever.. and although i'm sure his standup would be dated as fuck right now, he's done less shitty stuff than chris rock

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

whenever I see Jeff Dunham's specials being replayed, which is all the fucking time, I become genuinely disgusted with all those responsible.

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman »

Had no idea Russel Peters caked up like that. Good for him.
dudeman

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Dudeman wrote:Had no idea Russel Peters caked up like that. Good for him.
yup. i didn't really realize until about 6 months ago either. he sells out stadiums in canada & the usa.. and has a huge global audience, which most comedians can't claim

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

If you hate on these guys, its probably cause you eat frozen dinners and need to place your anger somehwhere. They may not be the funniest, but who cares how much they make.

Fuck you Crash, alimony paying canned tuna eating dike fucking kim jong ill looking ass faggot.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I have no idea who some of these people are.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

sad state of affairs when a ventriloquist is number 3 on that list

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

:larry: at anyone hating on Seinfeld or Chris Rock. Saw Seinfeld last year and thought he was great. Going to see him again in October. While Chris Rock's last special was his worst to date, it was still pretty good and his TV show is quality. And how a ventriloquist can make millions of dollar in 2009 is just beyond me. Russell Peters does have a huge following, but I didn't know it was like that. Good for him suppose, even if I think most of his shit sucks.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Good to see Carlos Mencia no where near this list....Does Rescue me not bring the cash and does Dennis Leary not do stand up? I can't believe Jeff Dunham makes all that money....

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

not one of these motherfuckers are funny.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Random Sample wrote:not one of these motherfuckers are funny.
:larry:

If Seinfeld and Rock aren't funny who the fuck is?

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

ackbar wrote:and although i'm sure his standup would be dated as fuck right now, he's done less shitty stuff than chris rock
When you say "shitty stuff" you're talking about his general output, not his standup, right? Cause if you're implying that Seinfeld put out more quality standup material, then you get the :larry:.

I'd like to see a list of top comedic actors in a couple months, just because I want to see how loaded Sasha Baron Cohen is after Borat and Bruno.

artMajor

Post by artMajor »

fo'sho

:err: george lopez :err: dane cook :err: howie mandel :err: lary the cable guy :err: jeff foxworthy :err:

and how you gonna have 2 ventriloquists up in the list...shit, i shoulda went to school for that shit!

CRASH, we def need some :larry: up in this

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Brougham33 wrote:
:larry:

If Seinfeld and Rock aren't funny who the fuck is?
I guess you didn't watch Chris Rock's last stand up.

Seinfeld hasn't done anything since the show. His stand up is not funny at all.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

I watched Rock's last HBO concert. By his standards it was not ver good. That doesn't mean you get to act like a sour little girl and declare him unfunny.

And besides the 90 second clips in early seinfeld episodes, have you seen Seinfeld do standup? Either go see him in person or watch...

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

First off: I like Jerry. I just don't want to see him earning more than say Cheech and Chong ? (Did they start touring this year again? or last)

Or even Patton Oswalt or many other comedians... I'd just rather see Jeff Ross up there.

I'm no elitist.. I could watch any of those guys and get a chuckle.. Even the over hated Dane Cook.

I just think it's time for a changing of the guard.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Icesickle wrote:
ackbar wrote:and although i'm sure his standup would be dated as fuck right now, he's done less shitty stuff than chris rock
When you say "shitty stuff" you're talking about his general output, not his standup, right?
lots of bad movies

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

No Dave Chappelle or Jim Carrey?

They should be stacked up just off dvd sales.. or something.

Also: Dane Cook is very funny.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Brougham33 wrote:I watched Rock's last HBO concert. By his standards it was not ver good. That doesn't mean you get to act like a sour little girl and declare him unfunny.

And besides the 90 second clips in early seinfeld episodes, have you seen Seinfeld do standup? Either go see him in person or watch...
I am sorry, but Chris Rock used to be funny. He hasn't done anything since his second HBO special that was funny. Same jokes over and over again. I am black you are white yadda yadda yadda.

I watched the Seinfeld stand up and I don't think it is funny at all. I don't think I laughed once.

dat piff

Post by dat piff »

Random Sample wrote:
Brougham33 wrote:I watched Rock's last HBO concert. By his standards it was not ver good. That doesn't mean you get to act like a sour little girl and declare him unfunny.

I am sorry, but Chris Rock used to be funny. He hasn't done anything since his second HBO special that was funny. Same jokes over and over again. I am black you are white yadda yadda yadda.

I watched the Seinfeld stand up and I don't think it is funny at all. I don't think I laughed once.
I turned that shit off it was so bad.. Seinfeld get's props for the show but his stand up is doo doo. Chris Rock is a funny motherfucker even though his last special blew dick..

List shows that the funnier you are, the less money you make, with Chris Rock as the exception to the rule.

List also shows that catering to middle USA get's you the loot, just like country music.
ImageImageImage

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

I used to love Seinfeld, but the more i watch Curb, the more I realize that Larry David is the real genius behind it.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

people need to stop giving dane cook money...i hope he dies.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

"Comedian" doesn't do Seinfeld's stand-up justice at all. Neither does "I'm Telling You for the Last Time." And as for the bits at the beginning of the show, I'm pretty sure very few if any were actually written by Seinfeld.

See Seinfeld live. Amazing live comedian. A great full show and he will decimate a heckler like none other.

And Larry David is a genius, but he shouldn't have come back for the final episode. I blame him for a segment of its disappointingness.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

i cant believe these fags, besides the top 2, are making this dough..all the while katt williams files for bankruptcy

:owens:
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

dat piff

Post by dat piff »

Katt Williams is not funny
ImageImageImage

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

dat piff wrote:Katt Williams is not funny
i agree.
but a - he's funnier than most of those cats on the list
and b - it was a joke

see the :owens:
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

russell peters has been grinding for awhile. good to see him make some dough. i think he's alright though.

i don't know who terry fator is.

fuck dane cook.

not a fan of foxworthy or larry the cable guy.