30 Rock season 4 thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

30 Rock season 4 thread

Post by drizzle »

I lol'ed but some of that shit was meh. too many of those 'say something... dramatic pause.... say something else that changes the meaning' jokes. didn't really like the meta jay leno ending either

pre-op trans-centaur was incredible though
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

it was meh to good. not great.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

in comparison to what they've done before it was :meh. best parts: tracy randomly talking to strangers and that fat broad welcoming liz into her sex life with that bald dude. gotta wait for the build up of the whole season.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

an-also

Post by an-also »

I kind of gave up on this show in the middle of the 3rd season.

citizen

Post by citizen »

i think the kenneth character has kind of run its course, having the main plot be focused on him was suspect, lots of funny tracy morgan lines, the thing about liz and pete sneaking around just wasnt funny and that one guy that they kept forgetting was on the show, isnt really even on the show and he looks like an upperlcass crackhead, jenna's character is getting old as well, this show needs some new characters

Thun

Post by Thun »

Show has always been mad corny.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Thun wrote:Show has always been mad corny.
you and employee are both way too black to appreciate this
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Bones

Post by Bones »

Tracy Morgan Takes Tina Fey to the Strip Club; Blasts Former SNL Castmates:

No matter what you may think of Tracy Morgan, you have to admit that he always seems to make an impression.

Just ask Tina Fey, who was lucky enough to go with Tracy to "after-after-after-after party" years ago when they were part of the cast of Saturday Night Live.

"Friends of mine were running an illegal strip club they called the Loft. It was in an office space they'd rented and converted into an after-the-after-party spot. They put a stage in it, they put a few futons all around, and they'd get strippers and girls to come and do shows," Morgan revealed in his upcoming memoir, I Am the New Black. "I invited everyone to go down there one week. And Tina Fey, Rachel Dratch and a few others came along. I didn't tell any of them what they were in for, so it was all cool when we got there.

ג€œAt first ... they thought it was just a private party. Then these two girls came out onstage and started [engaging in sex acts], and that just shut it down,ג€ the comedic actor continued. ג€œAll the grips and crew guys from 'SNL' were standing around and loving it, but my castmates took one look at that, turned right around and rushed out of there."

With stuff like that, itג€™s easy to see why Fey wasnג€™t on Tracyג€™s bad side. The same canג€™t be said for fellow Not Ready for Primetime players Chris Kattan and Cherri Oteri, whom Morgan had less than flattering memories of.

"I had my finger on the pulse of urban comedy, but when I brought my act to 'SNL,' those mother--------- just felt bad for me. None of the cast I came up with saw this future for me. No, sir,ג€ the entertainer said of his 10-year-stint on the show. ג€œAll I have to say about that is, where's Chris Kattan now? Where's Cheri Oteri now? That b---- can't even get arrested."

It definitely seems like Tracy got the last laugh. Heג€™s on the Emmy-winning 30 Rock with Fey, appeared in various movies over the years and hosted the VH1 Hip Hop Honors for the second year straight. Still, there seems to be nothing like beef to help sell whatever it is your offering. Funny, ainג€™t it?

citizen

Post by citizen »

LOL she cant even get arrested

she was in the classic "southland tales" and yes i do mean classic

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

^^ the audio is better. im sure its on the internet too and he says way more shit about kattan too.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

i really want to read that memoirs when it comes out.

Thun

Post by Thun »

drizzle wrote:
Thun wrote:Show has always been mad corny.
you and employee are both way too black to appreciate this
I've enjoyed a few of the episodes but it's mostly unfunny faggotry.

jvg

Post by jvg »

2nd episode of this season was much better than the 1st

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

so the last few episode have been meh as fuck. really losing faith in this show.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

parks & recreation and community >>> the office and 30 rock

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Basically given up on this shit. There was one great episode a couple months ago, but since then, I watch the show in hopes that somewhere along the way, the writers will find a way to insert a funny here and there. This show has run its course. 30 Rock and The Office have been replaced by Community and Parks & Rec for me.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

ardamus wrote:i really want to read that memoirs when it comes out.
A couple funny lines here and there, but it is not that good.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

NBC is falling the fuck off again.

"Community" is for the Ackbars of the world. Aside from that Simple Rock kid doing the "Bender Christmas" monologue, what has this show given the world?

"Parks & Recreation" is Amy Poehler impersonating Steve Carrell. Ansari is the only redeeming quality. A show that can make Louis C.K. sucks deserves the axe.

"30 Rock" is comedy for metrosexuals. Men who actively laugh at Tina Fey should be checked for soul vaginas.

"The Office" was funny last night, but is hit-and-miss. Time to end it. Next season will be the last. Dwight Kurt Schrute >>>>>>>>>

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HmucnWkKGhU&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HmucnWkKGhU&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="385"></embed></object>

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Havent watched this season, disappointed to hear the show has fallen off.

Havent watched Community either, really hope its all its cracked up to be.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

dude 30 rock still owns. I am confused. what will make you jaded fucks laugh anymore?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

bringinoutbangerz wrote:what will make you jaded fucks laugh anymore?
Iknowrite??????????

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Employee wrote:NBC is falling the fuck off again.

"Community" is for the Ackbars of the world. Aside from that Simple Rock kid doing the "Bender Christmas" monologue, what has this show given the world?
BING BONG SINGALONG
YOUR POST IS AL GORE CAUSE YOUR VIEWS ARE WRONG!

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: / :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
moved by duck muscles

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

That whole plot with Tracy's image being tarnished was funny. This whole thing with Cabletown is :arrow: so far. They need something more over the top to get the season going more. Its still dragging its feet compared to the others.

Community is funny as hell though. Its been over taking 30 Rock with the :lol:z now.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

30 rock is just as good as season one
i was a little disappointed back then actually. it never blew me away
but the writings strong, good mix of characters
although some of the side characters im not sure why they're on the show
what is the point of black harvard dude or that balding guy
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

30 Rock season 1 suffers from Fey's acting.

Season 2 is where it's at. After that the show began a slow decline.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Dids

Post by Dids »

Now that Community regularly out absurds 30 Rock and P&R out hearts The Office, NBC's thursday is turn-off able after 9:00.

Parks and Rec is probably the best comedy on TV right now with Community and Archer tied for 2nd.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:30 Rock season 1 suffers from Fey's acting.

yep.

30 rock sucks this season. it's just as broad as always, but the writing has really suffered. Basically, Fey has fallen the fuck off. Date Night looks like it's going to be the most talent-filled suckfest in a long time.

Community is still great though. Probably my favorite of the NBCs. When the office is good it's better than Parks, but the office is pretty hit or miss.

Teddy C.D.

Post by Teddy C.D. »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:30 Rock season 1 suffers from Fey's acting.

Are you kidding me? Season 1 is great! Fey and Baldwin MAKE 30 Rock. 1 is just as good as Season 2, if not better.

Season 3 was pretty damn good too. I don't get the hate here. NBC has had some pretty horrible fucking programs and they finally have two gems in 30 Rock and The Office.

But some people just hate everything they watch or see or hear. It's all good though, we all have our own opinions :lol: