5 Best Comedies of the Decade

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Grandma's boy is a poorly made movie with some bad acting, but it's one of the funniest scripts ever written and has some of the funniest moments of the decade...

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Trademark wrote:Grandma's boy is a poorly made movie with some bad acting, but it's one of the funniest scripts ever written and has some of the funniest moments of the decade...
You've never smoked weed.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Employee wrote:
Trademark wrote:Grandma's boy is a poorly made movie with some bad acting, but it's one of the funniest scripts ever written and has some of the funniest moments of the decade...

I've smoked enough weed to kill cheech and chong....I laugh my ass off every time I watch grandma's boy, and I've watched it 10-12 times. What I'm saying is the acting is pretty bad by ALL the minor characters. Nick Swardsen Jonah Hill and Allen Covert all do amazing, but everyone else is bleh to blah.... Nick Swardsen is especially strong. You can just tell it had a really small budget, but don't get me wrong, it is a really great movie and would probably be in my top 10.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

shits weak! shiiiiiiiiiits weak!

Icesickle discusses teh funny

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

#1 Step-Brothers
#2 Borat
#3 Idiocracy (the single greatest PS scene of all time)
#4 Team America (replayability is off the charts)
#5 Wet Hot American Summer
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Trademark wrote:
Employee wrote:

I've smoked enough weed to kill cheech and chong....I laugh my ass off every time I watch grandma's boy, and I've watched it 10-12 times. What I'm saying is the acting is pretty bad by ALL the minor characters. Nick Swardsen Jonah Hill and Allen Covert all do amazing, but everyone else is bleh to blah.... Nick Swardsen is especially strong. You can just tell it had a really small budget, but don't get me wrong, it is a really great movie and would probably be in my top 10.
Sounds like a faggot describing a movie.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Employee wrote:
Trademark wrote:
Employee wrote:

Sounds like a faggot describing a movie.
:lol:

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Image Image Image Image Image

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

Good call on The Foot Fist Way. That shit was great.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

school of rock? are you a 14 year old girl?

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

As far as tastes are concerned, probably. But whenever that shit comes on TBS, I do not change the channel until the credits have rolled. I am also one of the few people who secretly enjoy 80% of Jack Black's body of work...

... INCLUDING SHALLOW HAL.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Jesus, it's come to somethin' when a faygurt like Captain Planit is the first person to mention Idiocracy.

Idiocracy > any of those glorified romcoms posing as male humor grossouts which turn bitchmade in their final quarter like Superbad, 40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up etc.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Man, I have yet to watch "Idiocracy", and I'm pretty much the only person in my circle of friends that hasn't. I'm a huge Mike Judge fan too.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:Jesus, it's come to somethin' when a faygurt like Captain Planit is the first person to mention Idiocracy.

Idiocracy > any of those glorified romcoms posing as male humor grossouts which turn bitchmade in their final quarter like Superbad, 40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up etc.
Reading this thread is like watching the view.

Post by 360 »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:Jesus, it's come to somethin' when a faygurt like Captain Planit is the first person to mention Idiocracy.

I agree. Idiocracy should be mentioned as well. That flick has more quotables than even Grandma's Boy.

"Why are you trying to read that word? What are you, a fag?"

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

The shit-talking that goes on in these types of threads is superb.

Jim, why do you hold Beerfest in such a high regard? The Indian dude was mad weak in that one. Maybe if he had a mustache and sunglasses, I'd have enjoyed it more.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

360 wrote:

I agree. Idiocracy should be mentioned as well. That flick has more quotables than even Grandma's Boy.

"Why are you trying to read that word? What are you, a fag?"
I think it deserves an honorable mention because the social satire was top notch and it's one of those flicks that gets better with each viewing but it's not a top fiver.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

I'll take credit for plugging Foot Fist Way into the nominees, but somebody mentioned Idiocracy back on page 1.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AXUQLdZjQvQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AXUQLdZjQvQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Spartan wrote:<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AXUQLdZjQvQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AXUQLdZjQvQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:larry:

battlecatmeowstab212

I mentioned it first. Give me my internets.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

"Idiocracy" is unbearable because of Puke Wilson and Mya Rudolph (sp?).

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

uh zip zoom

Post by uh zip zoom »

has nobody mentioned zoolander? wtf.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Idiocracy is really good.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Trademark wrote:Idiocracy is really good.
It's definitely LOL-worthy. But I don't understand how people can handle more than sixty-seconds of screen time for Wilson or Rudolph.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

maya rudolph is sexy in idiocracy yo

battlecatmeowstab212

Employee wrote:
Trademark wrote:Idiocracy is really good.
It's definitely LOL-worthy. But I don't understand how people can handle more than sixty-seconds of screen time for Wilson or Rudolph.
Replay value. After enough viewings, the writing becomes the star.

And Office Space was 1999. NOBODY will wager IN THE SLIGHTEST that Idiocracy is a better film, mainly because Judge had his budget gutted mid-production and had to compromise a lot. HOWEVER, it gets better with each viewing.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

ALASKA wrote: roll models and i love you man are like apatow movies if they were made by the people that make 2 and a half men
:rofl:

If you can get past Paul Rudd I think everything about Roll Models is fucking great, but this line is still so on point.

1) Step-Brothers

2) Superbad

3 - 6 in no order)Anchorman or Old School or Zoolander or Wedding Crashers

7) Shaun of the Dead

8 - 10 in no order) High Fidelity or Mean Girls or Meet the Parents

Swipe

Post by Swipe »

In The Loop
Hot Rod
Idiocracy
Wet Hot American Summer
Hot Fuzz