Predators (dir: Rodriguez)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

procure uno

Post by procure uno »

fucking awesome.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

From the looks of the pics it seems this will turn into "Dances With Predators". Still looks pretty awesome but i could do without what will prolly be a tired formula.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Prophecy wrote:From the looks of the pics it seems this will turn into "Dances With Predators".
:larry: what exactly are you basing this on
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Not sure what to make of the photos of the new Super Black Predators. They're looking more like Pred zombies and virtually a different species than Stan Winston's originals.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Straight up if they mess this one up, i don't know what to say. Fuck a plot and damn any character development this movie should be a straight u knock down drag out blood/gun/swordfest with no got-damn survivors. MPAA can suck my dick too.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

International trailer

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEmVfGQkrBA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEmVfGQkrBA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

phil connors

Post by phil connors »

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

Post by ChewbaccaUncircumcised »

i will watch this movie.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Truth. wrote:100% so far with 9 reviews

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10012256-predators/
Yeah, was noticing this today too. I'm making a strong push to see this with the homies this weekend.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

kato

Post by kato »

Spartan wrote:Not sure what to make of the photos of the new Super Black Predators. They're looking more like Pred zombies and virtually a different species than Stan Winston's originals.
I thought there is a new breed of predators in this one, however the OG predators are also in the film.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

still holding strong at 71% on RT...nice!

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

kato wrote:
Spartan wrote:Not sure what to make of the photos of the new Super Black Predators. They're looking more like Pred zombies and virtually a different species than Stan Winston's originals.
I thought there is a new breed of predators in this one, however the OG predators are also in the film.
From what I gather there's two Predator races, the traditional ones from previous movies and the Super Black Predators as pictured here:

phil connors

Post by phil connors »

Going to check this out on Saturday. Psyched!

VBakes

Post by VBakes »

Movie was dope. Better than both AvP's, and the Danny Glover one. I didnt think Adrian could carry an action flick but he was pretty good, had a funny throwback line too.

Wish his nose didnt take up half the screen though.

procure uno

Post by procure uno »

VBakes wrote:Wish his nose didnt take up half the screen though.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

pretty good. not great. brody was good. some of the other cast was suspect. the african guy looked like he was going to cry the whole time.

not necessary to see in the theater.

T Rav

Post by T Rav »

ALASKA wrote:the african guy looked like he was going to cry the whole time.
Post/sig combo.
Buy my mixtape.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

ALASKA wrote:pretty good. not great. brody was good. some of the other cast was suspect. the african guy looked like he was going to cry the whole time.

not necessary to see in the theater.
Agreed. It just didn't really bring anything new to the franchise other than a few minor things so that was a bit disappointing, but pretty good for what it was. Rent it without fear.

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

script was 80-90% dumb cliche dialog w/ a completely predictable plot
I don't buy Topher Grace in that role or in any role in an action/thriller whatsoever, and I had a hard time buying Brody too
Larry Fishburne was good though

my friends and I couldnt stop laughing while arguing about all the logistical problems with the world they were on, and we were laughing most just thinking of the selection process of the people dropped onto the planet, like 4 or 5 Predators having a meeting in an office discussing prospects, sending talent scouts to earth and shit

which got me to thinking, was it the Predators who were picking the people and bringing them to the planet in the first place? Or were Predators being dropped in those cages along with the toothy-alien-dogs or whatever? I guess it doesn't really matter

wasnt great by any means, but it was fun enough

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Andvil wrote:script was 80-90% dumb cliche dialog w/ a completely predictable plot
I don't buy Topher Grace in that role or in any role in an action/thriller whatsoever, and I had a hard time buying Brody too
Larry Fishburne was good though

my friends and I couldnt stop laughing while arguing about all the logistical problems with the world they were on, and we were laughing most just thinking of the selection process of the people dropped onto the planet, like 4 or 5 Predators having a meeting in an office discussing prospects, sending talent scouts to earth and shit

which got me to thinking, was it the Predators who were picking the people and bringing them to the planet in the first place? Or were Predators being dropped in those cages along with the toothy-alien-dogs or whatever? I guess it doesn't really matter

wasnt great by any means, but it was fun enough
Topher Grace was awful, and Fishburne didn't really do shit for me either. I thought Brody was actually pretty good, no believability problems for me. I also thought they could have ratcheted things up a bit more with having Fishburne join them against the Predators, but instead turned him into a douche.

Yeah, my friends and I were discussing the selection process as well. LOL @ sending the convict down with just a knife (how the fuck did he have that anyway if everyone got sent with what they had on them?). Everyone was a little too nice for being hardened, worst of the worst criminals.

Definitely fun for what it was, but could have been a lot better with a bit more imagination.

6.5 outta 10

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

a dudes spine and skull got ripped out in one fell swoop, so thats gotta be worth something.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Andvil wrote: my friends and I couldnt stop laughing while arguing about all the logistical problems with the world they were on, and we were laughing most just thinking of the selection process of the people dropped onto the planet, like 4 or 5 Predators having a meeting in an office discussing prospects, sending talent scouts to earth and shit
my friends did this too

you're all gay btw, it was a new predator movie and it wasn't shitty

this is cause for celebration where I come from (planet big dick mega boob grab)

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

FTW.

This movie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If you hate this movie, you are a fag.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

LOL at Stormy's home planet...

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

who said it was shitty?

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

who's gettin defensive cuz their home planet is wack (planet lil dick boobs feel like bags of sand)?

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

For a movie called 'PREDATORS,' I was expecting more than 3.

Started out promising, then just rested on the laurels it had after those first 30 minutes.

Not bad, just not particularly good. B-/C+.

On a related note, the new Subway Steak and Bacon melt is delicious and easily their best sandwich in a decade.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Dap

Post by Dap »

what happened to that part in the trailer when like 10 fucking predators are red dotting brody? only one happened in the movie

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

StormShadow wrote:who's gettin defensive cuz their home planet is wack (planet lil dick boobs feel like bags of sand)?
:wutang: