The new Karate Kid...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Lyric783

The new Karate Kid...

Post by Lyric783 »

So I have been hearing a whole lot of mixed opinions. Finally saw it myself and thought it was pretty fuckin great, aside for a few corny scenes. More realistic fighting and better acting than the original. What are ya'll thoughts? How does it compare? Am I a big faggot for seeing this movie and loving it?
thefammcrew.bandcamp.com
spokenintellektape9.bandcamp.com

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

better acting? Pat MoriatiMiyagi was nominated for a fucking oscar? and Ralph Macchio fucking owns....

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Re: The new Karate Kid...

Post by drizzle »

Lyric783 wrote:Am I a big faggot for seeing this movie and loving it?
no you're a big faggot for trying to judge this on a level of acting and realism, which have absolutely nothing to do with the appeal of the original.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Trademark wrote:Ralph Macchio fucking owns....
<object width="512" height="328" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="ordie_player_c8ad4aa802"><param name="movie" value="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=c8ad4aa802" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed width="512" height="328" flashvars="key=c8ad4aa802" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" src="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" name="ordie_player_c8ad4aa802" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>
moved by duck muscles

Lyric783

Post by Lyric783 »

LOL, :copy: fair enough
thefammcrew.bandcamp.com

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

but for what it's worth, i have actually been hearing some surprisingly positive things about it (in both mainstream pubs and sites geared specifically towards martial arts movies). ultimately our generation has too much nostagia tied into the original, but it seems like this remake might be solid enough for the yuts to build bonds with it on their own terms without needing to acknowledge the original.

Lyric783

Post by Lyric783 »

Yeah, I was surprised. Thought it would be a shitty remake myself. I'm 27 and am a fan of the original, think maybe I was able to relate more to the movie due to the main star being black.
thefammcrew.bandcamp.com

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

now that last part is an interesting twist on things that my cracker ass aint touching with a 40 foot stick

Lyric783

Post by Lyric783 »

LOL, no need. It's a dumb reason to connect to a character in a movie but for me it's just the way it is sometimes
thefammcrew.bandcamp.com

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

it was good and different enough from the original. I didn't really go in thinking to myself, "this is a remake of the Karate Kid." I'd say it stands alone as a good movie.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

wow Ralph Macchio looks in his late 20s, dude is 49 now

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

This movie gets the notorious, widely-respected Captin Planit seal of approval.

Like Drizzle said, why would you go into this movie worrying about the precision of a midget Will Smith's acting chops or the likelihood of this movie happening in a 12-year-old's life?

Studio execs basically got together and thought about what would happen if they made a louder, bigger, more intense version of the Karate Kid. The original is one of my favorite movies, but this shit is great and stands on its own two legs just fine.

Req

Post by Req »

it was dope and the evil chinese kid was a str8 G
F.U. MOOLAH

stupidregister

Re: The new Karate Kid...

Post by stupidregister »

Lyric783 wrote:Am I a big faggot for seeing this movie and loving it?
Yes.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lyric783

Post by Lyric783 »

stupidregister, you might be right. You're a bigger faggot for coming in here to reply and not sayin anything anyone gives a fuck about
thefammcrew.bandcamp.com

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

The parellels between this movie and the original were actually decent.

Texas Raised Mikey

Post by Texas Raised Mikey »

I liked it.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Haven't seen it yet, but I heard it was set in China and if so that's pretty stupid. Should have been in Japan, since that's where Karate was created. It's should be called Kung-fu kid instead of Karate kid, amirite?

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Lyric783 wrote:stupidregister, you might be right. You're a bigger faggot for coming in here to reply and not sayin anything anyone gives a fuck about
What needs to be said? You can't formulate your own opinions about a movie and need to run it by a forum to figure out how you feel?

The original was a cinematic classic for every middle school kid during the 80s and you want to compare it with a flick using a spoiled brat that's only in the movies because of his megastar dad? Ohhh I hit fly with flyswatter, how cheeky!
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lyric783

Post by Lyric783 »

stupidregister wrote:
Lyric783 wrote:stupidregister, you might be right. You're a bigger faggot for coming in here to reply and not sayin anything anyone gives a fuck about
What needs to be said? You can't formulate your own opinions about a movie and need to run it by a forum to figure out how you feel?

The original was a cinematic classic for every middle school kid during the 80s and you want to compare it with a flick using a spoiled brat that's only in the movies because of his megastar dad? Ohhh I hit fly with flyswatter, how cheeky!
:lol: I give a fuck about whose dad kid is, he can act. Bottom line, and to some people that matters. Not wanting to base my opinion off others, I had mine and stated it moron, just wanted to see what others thought. Same reason you have 5,000 posts
thefammcrew.bandcamp.com

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

that little nigga reminds me of the kid from boondocks
UBM CD COMING SOON

Texas Raised Mikey

Tweak Da Leak wrote:that little nigga reminds me of the kid from boondocks
:leon:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Praising this movie for any reason means your childhood was a wasteland of molestation and peanut butter treasures.

This is blasphemy. When was the last time anyone up in this bitch watched the original? Let me tell you something, I watched it on Encore a few nights ago and was nearly brought to tears.

Seriously though, fuck this movie and that rich little douche bag needs to find a new career. Jackie Chan will never be forgiven for this.

BLASPHEMY

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

Post by ChewbaccaUncircumcised »

Captin Planit wrote:This movie gets the notorious, widely-respected Captin Planit seal of approval.

Like Drizzle said, why would you go into this movie worrying about the precision of a midget Will Smith's acting chops or the likelihood of this movie happening in a 12-year-old's life?

Studio execs basically got together and thought about what would happen if they made a louder, bigger, more intense version of the Karate Kid. The original is one of my favorite movies, but this shit is great and stands on its own two legs just fine.
interesting analysis.

what are your feelings on this?

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

HOWDIDYOUGETTHATPHOTO

Texas Raised Mikey

Captin Planit wrote:HOWDIDYOUGETTHATPHOTO
It is an artist's rendition. :lol:

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

Post by ChewbaccaUncircumcised »

i am master of internet.