The Dark Knight Rises - July 20, 2012

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

service wrote:Is it naive and/or overly optimistic to think that Nolan is at least testing Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Joker? People were calling for him to play the Joker way before Ledger's casting was ever announced, and if anyone else looks similar enough to Ledger while also being off-the-radar enough to pull off the depths of that character, I sure as hell haven't heard of them.
Horrible idea. JGL is a huge fag. I really don't get the hype.

And maybe i'm retarded since I didn't read comic books but isn't the third movie already set up perfectly for Aaron Eckhart as Two Face to be the villain?

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Tommy Bunz wrote:
service wrote:Is it naive and/or overly optimistic to think that Nolan is at least testing Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Joker? People were calling for him to play the Joker way before Ledger's casting was ever announced, and if anyone else looks similar enough to Ledger while also being off-the-radar enough to pull off the depths of that character, I sure as hell haven't heard of them.

And maybe i'm retarded since I didn't read comic books but isn't the third movie already set up perfectly for Aaron Eckhart as Two Face to be the villain?

yes but, :owens: Eckhart was terrible, and even worse as two face.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

mc ugk twoface died yo
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Tommy Bunz wrote:

JGL is the shit.

but no way they revisit the joker again. I get the feeling that Nolan won't do it outta respect for Heath.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

He's stated multiple times he would never bring Joker back

kato

Post by kato »

Trademark wrote:
Eckhart was terrible, and even worse as two face.
I thought he played Harvey Dent pretty well, but was a terrible two face...

Just like Bale is a great Bruce Wayne and a mediocre Batman

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

kato wrote:
Trademark wrote:

THIS. FINALLY, someone with some vision sees what I see. :lol:

but seriously. THISss.

Shitty ass TwoFace. Decent Dent.

Bale can pull off the tux and money talk of Wayne... but GAWD DAYUM DO I HATE HIS GROWLY BATMONK STEEZ :nut:

plus he's a shitty ass fighter. Batman has no truly great fighting sequences. NONE.

Even in the first one where Keaton kicks the Asian guy in the face who is running at him with two swinging swords is a better singular moment than anything in Batman Begins or Dark Knight :megaman:

Nolan, get your grubby mitts off this franchise, plz k thx bai :megaman:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

http://gothamakabatman3.blogspot.com/

Allegedly leaked from the script of the new Batman, though I highly doubt it (I just like the picture/idea of Jonah Hill as The Penguin).

Why wouldn't you guys assume that JGL is trying out as The Riddler? Him + Killer Croc would be my ideal ending to the trilogy.

Also, I preferred Batman Begins over The Dark Knight, as a whole. TDK was too god damn long and self indulgent, and the last act almost played as a sequel to itself.

Love,

Smooth "And don't get me started on that bullshit soliloquy they closed the movie out with!" Lou

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Jonah Hill? as the Penguin?!?!

:wtf:

fuck. this. shit. in. the. ass. face.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Money Daniels

Post by Money Daniels »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:plus he's a shitty ass fighter. Batman has no truly great fighting sequences. NONE.
Nolan's fight scenes are gritty and real... if you want to see some choreographed kung-fu type stuff go watch The Tuxedo or some shit.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Heard a rumor Seth Rogen is gonna play Robin

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Truth. wrote:Heard a rumor Seth Rogen is gonna play Robin
worst.

idea.

ever.

on top of that, both Nolan and Bale refuse to have Robin in a Dark Knight movie.

and Bale as the worst fighting batman? Who was better? Kilmer? Clooney? Keaton? Wow. The only thing I don't like about Bale's Batman is the voice. You are reaching on the fighting shit.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Money Daniels wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:plus he's a shitty ass fighter. Batman has no truly great fighting sequences. NONE.
Nolan's fight scenes are gritty and real
more than that, the idea is that when batman just drops in and whoops ass it's all very fast and disorienting, you're supposed to experience it in the same way that the target of the asswhooping does.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Nolan would NEVER cast Seth Rogen or Jonah Hill as ANYTHING in the batman universe.

citizen

Post by citizen »

drizzle wrote:
Money Daniels wrote:
Nolan's fight scenes are gritty and real
more than that, the idea is that when batman just drops in and whoops ass it's all very fast and disorienting, you're supposed to experience it in the same way that the target of the asswhooping does.
lots of people say this but did this actually come from nolan or is it an assumption

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

nolan, but it's it pretty much obvious anyway?

kato

Post by kato »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
kato wrote:
Trademark wrote:

THIS. FINALLY, someone with some vision sees what I see. :lol:

but seriously. THISss.

Shitty ass TwoFace. Decent Dent.

Bale can pull off the tux and money talk of Wayne... but GAWD DAYUM DO I HATE HIS GROWLY BATMONK STEEZ :nut:

plus he's a shitty ass fighter. Batman has no truly great fighting sequences. NONE.

Even in the first one where Keaton kicks the Asian guy in the face who is running at him with two swinging swords is a better singular moment than anything in Batman Begins or Dark Knight :megaman:

Nolan, get your grubby mitts off this franchise, plz k thx bai :megaman:
jesus christ...

starks

Post by starks »

this thread has aids

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

starks wrote:mindbender futurama has aids

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Can we have a separate MB Batman thread so he ceases to ruin this one?

kato

Post by kato »

Sankofa wrote:Can we have a separate MB Batman thread so he ceases to ruin this one?

he already ruined this thread...can a mod just delete all his posts in this thread?

alpha

Post by alpha »

lets keep this going.....
where would the third movie be heading assuming Heath was still alive?
would he even be in it?

IMO, Nolan would include the Joker but not as much as a focal point. He would introduce another strong Bad, Ie penguin or riddler, and play off those aspects. What would serve him well is to play off the Batman is bad aspects he has built already. I think a movie with good action and the problem that Batman poses to a society would be pretty good.

kato

Post by kato »

I really want to see Croc in Nolan's Batman... :pause:

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

a lil news on it
Christopher Nolan has finally given a small update on Batman 3. While attending a press conference for Inception in Italy, the director was asked if Warner Bros. had officially greenlit the upcoming sequel and if he could provide an update on the project. The director said that his brother, Jonah Nolan, has finished a draft of the script and that he is now working on the screenplay himself. Hit the jump to read the full quote and to see Nolan talk about Batman 3 and his inspirations for Inception.

When asked about Batman 3, the director said:
ג€œI donג€™t like to talk too much about things until Iג€™m further along with them. But Iג€™m working on the script right now. My brother Jonah has done a draft for the script and now Iג€™m writing on it. We have set a release date and as far as the film being officially greenlit, they havenג€™t told they donג€™t want to do it. So Iג€™m hopeful.ג€
also some nice fake posters

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Pearce would be dope, as would JGL.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Christopher Nolan Confirms He Will Direct a Third and Final Batman Movie

It's not news that Christopher Nolan -- the director behind such mind-bending films as "Memento," "The Prestige," and this summer's massive hit "Inception" -- does not offer up information freely. Playing it close to the vest is how he operates.

So it is big news that he has finally gone on record to confirm that he will be directing a third Batman movie. After months of not saying one way or the other if he would take the job, the man behind "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" told Empire Magazine on Thursday that he will be back in the director's chair once again.

Nolan told Empire, "It's becoming inevitable, I'll put it that way... I feel myself falling into it, I guess. And getting it all figured out and I'm pretty excited about what we're doing." Nolan went on to indicate that he is working with his brother Jonathan, who also scripted "The Dark Knight," on getting the script in shape.

Just the day before, Michael Caine revealed in an interview with BBC Radio 1 that the next Bat-film will most likely begin filming in May. When asked he he will be returning to the role of Alfred the butler, Caine answered, "I assume I'm there. In the movie business, you never believe anything, you assume." Since Caine has appeared in Nolan's last four films, it's probably a safe assumption. Though he did say that Nolan still hasn't told him who the villain in the third installment will be.

Nolan had already announced that the next Batman film will be his last, concluding a planned trilogy. But he won't be saying goodbye to superheroes. He's also at work on a new film version of Superman, though as a producer, not a director. He is developing a story he wrote with his "Batman Begins" co-writer, David S. Goyer. Nolan is reportedly meeting with potential directors for the project that would re-invent the Man of Steel in much the same way as he did for the Caped Crusader. Darren Aronofsky ("Black Swan"), Matt Reeves ("Let Me In"), Tony Scott ("Unstoppable"), and Zack Snyder ("Watchmen") are all rumored to be considered for the job.

Expect to hear more news about Nolan's third and final Batman film in the next few months. Currently, the untitled film is scheduled for release in the summer of 2012.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Tom Hardy!

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

for riddler? too beefed up

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

He's actually gone junkie skinny since Bronson.

Almost certain he'll be too busy with the new Mad Max movies though.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

naw it's being reported he's been given a lead role in Batman 3 and that Mad Max is delayed