Boardwalk Empire?

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:I thought he was punishing himself for his interest in Ms. Schroeder, he was pretty disgusted looking at her boarding papers realizing she was preggers on the ship ride from the motherland. Then the neighbor confirmed the whore-ness and he lost it
I did not notice what was on the papers he was looking at. Why would he be mad she was preggo on ship ride? She had a husband right..
No she said she worked for a well off family in Ireland, she was probably banged by the head of the house then got preggers and shipped off to america, she met her husband upon arrival in the US.
UBM CD COMING SOON

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i have to re-watch that scene.

Mercuthio

Post by Mercuthio »

great fucking episode

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

yup. the restaurant scene was killer

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

:rofl: @ them playing phantom of the opera music

pretty good episode

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Meyer Lansky oh yeah

shits about to get hectic
UBM CD COMING SOON

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

ya she has nasty titties

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Truth. wrote::rofl: @ them playing phantom of the opera music

pretty good episode
i was surprised that they did somethign so overtly tounge in cheek (no pun), but i still enjoyed the shit out of it

really like how it's coming together, glad i stuck with it
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

also, lol at the way they're setting up lansky as an annoying little pretentious know it all, which is pretty contrasting with how he's usually perceived as a suave jew philosopher warlord type.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

drizzle wrote:also, lol at the way they're setting up lansky as an annoying little pretentious know it all, which is pretty contrasting with how he's usually perceived as a suave jew philosopher warlord type.
is that what you got out of it? I thought it was the opposite as right when the waps tried to interrupt him Luciano quickly told them to step down and that he was good friends with him.
UBM CD COMING SOON

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

you're 100% on how luciano treated him, i was referring more to the general ambiance the show is giving to the character - a short little asshole who tries to talk down to everybody with pretentious metaphors. in conjunction with how luciano stood up for him they're kinda implying that this is a dude who'd get bitchslapped often and repeatedly if he didn't have badass friends.

of course i'm basing this on 2 mins of screentime, who knows where it will all go. maybe in the next ep he kills shit

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

yeah i thought it was more luciano looking out for the italians cus Meyer would go batshit and stab em in the eye with a pen joker style, but yeah just like you i only had 2 minutes to establish the character.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Finally got caught up on this show.
Paz de la Huerta is a bad ass white girl.

Crooked I did a Boardwalk Empire freestyle.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GY_rIa5TdHk?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GY_rIa5TdHk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

stroydnaire

Post by stroydnaire »

Ms. Schroder is a whore!

LONDON!

Post by LONDON! »

meyer's character looks serious too me, like he takes this taking over the whole block, got the city locked shit seriously, ha ha, yes surr, overlord status, he looks like he's about that bottom line, he's about that paper, yes surr

and the restaurant scene when jimmy gives that speech about the german soulja that he shot up in the war and him relating that too the bizness rival in the restaurant and then that guy he befriended at the hospital takes the rival out and shoots him below the eye just like he told jimmy he had done to a german soulja in the war, that scene merked it, that scene dropped, it made sense, he had too put that training from the 1st world war into contrucstive good use, you get what i'm saying, ha ha, but seriously, that was a good episode and it all added up because i was wondering where they were going wit this guy's character wit one eye who did the hit, but i still wern't buying nucky burning down his old family home like the way he did after giving it too one of his workers

and that creepy perved out punk evil fed agent guy needs too get his headtop burst open and his marrow licked out, true story, he's creepy but at the same time, to me yeah, seems very realistic and authentic to that type of creature in the real world

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Last episode was real good. Looks like it is going to be a great ending.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

yeah great episode, the part where the FED can't help himself and sends Jimmy's wife the money while snubbing his own was crazy
UBM CD COMING SOON

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

i'm starting to think i misjudged the fed

i don't he's actually a masochist, and i think i misread the flagellation. i don't think it was sexual, just religious. he was punishing himself like the minister did in the scarlet letter. i think van alden is just one of the last vestiges of hardcore american puritanism, which was dying out by this point.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:yeah great episode, the part where the FED can't help himself and sends Jimmy's wife the money while snubbing his own was crazy
Damn, I need to watch it again. I thought it was from Jimmy.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

drizzle wrote:i'm starting to think i misjudged the fed

i don't he's actually a masochist, and i think i misread the flagellation. i don't think it was sexual, just religious. he was punishing himself like the minister did in the scarlet letter. i think van alden is just one of the last vestiges of hardcore american puritanism, which was dying out by this point.
yeah that was what i thought originally, he felt disgusted that he had come to think of mrs. schroeder as a good puritan woman(able to bare kids and all), he saw that nucky was driving her to the bad side and wanted to rescue her, this all came crumbling down when he saw she was preggers on the boat ride to america before she met her husband.

Yeah that money was from Jimmy Natural, the feds were intercepting all the mail going to his baby momma, he finally broke down and sent her the money while snubbing his own wifes wish to have surgery in order to bare children.
UBM CD COMING SOON

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

yup he sent jimmy's wife the money to prevent himself from temptation of giving it to his wife for the uterus plunging.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

LOL at Jimmy's mom calling him "honey pot." I wonder if they're gonna go any further with the MID[Did]F angle. It's pretty ballsy to have a shameless, consensual mother / son :gyeah: subplot in a mainstream TV show.

Mercuthio

Post by Mercuthio »

heh, uterus plunging

sounds like a grindcore band name

Wielding the Uterus Plunger

oh, and i thought it was pretty rad how they shot the dinner-conversation between Van Alden and the missus. with the door separating them and all. yadda yadda i've no idea what the fungus i'm talking about gaddaf gaddaf dog one is not open, say again dog one is not open.

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

shit is about to get hectic. love this show

jazztomovethatass

Post by jazztomovethatass »

shows about to take form. dude with half a face is a great roaming character. oh, and this:
drizzle wrote:i'm starting to think i misjudged the fed. --
i think van alden is just one of the last vestiges of hardcore american puritanism, which was dying out by this point.
was it van alden that called Margo Schroeder in Nucky's office?

wheels

Post by wheels »

That's what I assumed.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

^^^interesting idea, that honestly didn't occur to me. i assumed it was just one of nucky's rivals casing the place

jazztomovethatass

Post by jazztomovethatass »

rivals checking if anybody is home was my initial thought, but the lenght of the call made me think of van alden on a serious :gloss: tip.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

the thing that could lend teh van alden theory credence is that somebody like luciano's friends wouldn't be too offput by mrs. shroeder as the only protector of the documents.

but how would van alden even know she's there?

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

just started watchin this show tonight, will finish soon, first ep was good shit.