The Dark Knight Rises - July 20, 2012

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

reevolution

Post by reevolution »

Trademark wrote:Image
Sid Haig.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Icesickle wrote:Fuck that, I want Catwoman in this one. They could get that chick from The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo if they wanted to be extra rele, but I'd prefer Jamie Pressley in a latex suit, personally.

:naswtf: :larry:

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Catwoman would ruin this trilogy

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

main villain revealed

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

that would be hilarious.

JaH BLaZe

Post by JaH BLaZe »

bad title choice

Fuckin' A

Post by Fuckin' A »

Truth. wrote:Catwoman would ruin this trilogy
EXCLUSIVE: Chris Nolan is lining up actresses he'll meet for two female lead roles in The Dark Knight Rises, the third installment of the Batfranchise which Warner Bros has dated release on July 20, 2012. I'm told one of the roles is a love interest for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne, and the other is a villain. The actresses are: Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway and Keira Knightley. Nolan is keeping the roles under wraps, just the way that he did when he drafted his Inception star Tom Hardy to come aboard to likely play a villain. Deadline broke that story October 13. I'm still not sure what the role is and I believe Hardy took the job without knowing or reading a script that's still being tweaked.
http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/chris-n ... r-batfilm/

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Fuckin' A wrote:
EXCLUSIVE: Chris Nolan is lining up actresses he'll meet for two female lead roles in The Dark Knight Rises, the third installment of the Batfranchise which Warner Bros has dated release on July 20, 2012. I'm told one of the roles is a love interest for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne, and the other is a villain. The actresses are: Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway and Keira Knightley. Nolan is keeping the roles under wraps, just the way that he did when he drafted his Inception star Tom Hardy to come aboard to likely play a villain. Deadline broke that story October 13. I'm still not sure what the role is and I believe Hardy took the job without knowing or reading a script that's still being tweaked.

was there only one female villian in the entire history of batman?

Fuckin' A

Post by Fuckin' A »

Trademark wrote:
Fuckin' A wrote:

was there only one female villian in the entire history of batman?
Did I say there was?

Obviously I'm making an assumption. Maybe you don't know what that is. Personally, I doubt it's Poison Ivy. I could be wrong.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

c'mon now, there's pretty damn good chance its gonna be catwoman.

nolan is going to continue the trend from dkr - take a popular villain that can be adapted in a mildly realistic manner. catwoman fits to a tee, she can easily be transformed into a damaged femme fatale type
Last edited by drizzle on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

am i the only one that cant fucking watch dark knight cause that gillenhal bitch just ruins it with her face?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

darkwingduck wrote:am i the only one that cant fucking watch dark knight cause that gillenhal bitch just ruins it with her face?
probably

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

:cheers:

Anne Hathaway would make a ridiculous Catwoman; she's already done a great job playing a mentally scarred, emotionally unstable chick (yes Rachel Getting Married). My second choice would be Naomi Watts. Portman's cool, but I don't think she has it in her to be that fucked up, and she's not on Hathaway's or Watts' level.

I really don't understand why anyone would have a problem with Catwoman as a villain either...

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

Icesickle wrote: Portman's cool, but I don't think she has it in her to be that fucked up, and she's not on Hathaway's or Watts' level.
you obviously haven't seen Garden State.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

GM Dizzy Skillespie wrote:
Icesickle wrote: Portman's cool, but I don't think she has it in her to be that fucked up, and she's not on Hathaway's or Watts' level.
Is this a joke?

Naomi Watts > Anne Hathaway if the Catwoman rumor is true.

More specifically, Mulholland Drive Watts > Rachel Getting Married Hathaway.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

wrong kind of fucked up

i just don't see her being convincingly malignant

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

You obviously haven't seen Anywhere But Here.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

if naomi watts is cast as catwoman, i will spontaneously combust into gay ass rainbows of excitement.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

I giggled when I though this was sarcastic.... and felt really sad when I realized it wasn't.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Anne Hathaway should not come within a million miles of a Batman movie. Especially in a follow up to such a a tremendous movie like The Dark Knight.

How the fuck can you possibly suggest that, Icesickle? Are you retarded?
Last edited by Hayzoos on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

darkwingduck wrote:am i the only one that cant fucking watch dark knight cause that gillenhal bitch just ruins it with her face?
Proof that the majority of the opinions on this site are extremely ass backwards made by bitter, nit picking, elitist faggots.

The Dark Knight is unwatchable? Really? You really feel that way, or are you just trying to be a pain in the ass for the mere sake of being one?

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Hayzoos wrote:Anne Hathaway should not come within a million miles of a Batman movie. Especially in a follow up to such a a tremendous movie like The Dark Knight.

How the fuck can you possibly suggest that, Icesickle? Are you retarded?
Anne Hathaway's a great actress. I get a lot of heat for liking the movie, but she killed in Rachel Getting Married. She definitely has the chops to play Catwoman.

(Don't act like you motherfuckers thought Health Ledger was the second coming of Robert DeNiro and would make a perfect Joker either when it was announced...)

I'm not going to be umad over someone picking Naomi Watts over Hathaway though, because Watts is a better actress, although Hathaway hasn't had the chance to tackle as many challenging roles as Watts has.

SMH at the Garden State comment. Really dude?

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

I thought the Catwoman part worked well in Returns so I'm not too sceptical if Nolan decides to include that character.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

I thought Nolan said he was that he was NOT going to use a popular villain this time around...I could be remembering wrong though.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I fully support Hathaway as Catwoman. Love her and she is a better actress than people give her credit for, good fit for the socially awkward with a dark side type.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

My dude Tommy the Builder coming through.

Nice sig too, sir.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

yeah, hathaway is actually a good actress. and she's hot. i want to surround her with my halal meat.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

I completely disagree. To me, Hathaway is up there with Drew Barrymore in terms of actresses I just can't fucking stand. She's annoying as fuck. I don't think the Ledger comparison is far. He had a lot of range with his acting, Anne Hathaway does not.

I saw Rachel Getting Married, and I thought it was an incredibly pointless fucking movie. I was not impressed.

I could be wrong about her, but I'm probably not.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

You're wrong. She wasn't nominated for an Oscar, Golden Globe, and Independent Spirit Award and didn't win several film critics association awards because of her middling talent. The chick has talent, range (her character in Rachel Getting Married is far removed from the role she played in Get Smart, which is far removed from her children's movie work (Princess Diaries)) and comparing her to a airhead drug addict who's only in movies because of nepotism like Drew Barrymore is a stretch. Lay off my boo', son.

As for Rachel Getting Married, I can understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think people object to it more because they either don't empathize with the characters because they're rich, East Coast liberals or because they're taken back by the unapologetic humanism in the film (ie, they think it's 'soft'), and aren't giving it a fair shake.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

lol why do you even take hayzoo's opinions seriously, he's borderline retarded. not because of this thread specifically, just dumb as a brick across teh board