Green Lantern (2011)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Lurk Uno

Post by Lurk Uno »

I dont give a shit i'm still checking this in 3d for a fathers day present to myself..haha..2 hours without the kifds or nagging women...i wouldnt even care if it sucks...

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

Gonna watch it this weekend cause I try not to miss any comic movies in theaters. Don't really care if it sucks as long as the effects are dope. In fact the story can't be as wack as I'm expecting.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

still illiterate wrote:Gonna watch it this weekend cause I try not to miss any comic movies in theaters. Don't really care if it sucks as long as the effects are dope. In fact the story can't be as wack as I'm expecting.
Really? I sorta hate people like you. Story is important man, and if film goers don't hold filmmakers accountable by not going to shitty movies then they're going to continually toss out the same origin story every single time. From what I'm hearing even the effects are pretty average.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

jamrage wrote:
still illiterate wrote:Gonna watch it this weekend cause I try not to miss any comic movies in theaters. Don't really care if it sucks as long as the effects are dope. In fact the story can't be as wack as I'm expecting.
Really? I sorta hate people like you. Story is important man, and if film goers don't hold filmmakers accountable by not going to shitty movies then they're going to continually toss out the same origin story every single time. From what I'm hearing even the effects are pretty average.
it's not the case for most movies, just a green lantern movie starring ryan reynolds. we all know what this movie is.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

jamrage wrote:
i used to feel the same way but now when i'm almost payin 20 fuckin bucks to see a movie on a big screen id kinda rather just be blown away by crazy visuals then get wrapped up in the plot, i can save that for netflix. If both deliver though- bonus.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

siLLy KiD wrote:
jamrage wrote:
i used to feel the same way but now when i'm almost payin 20 fuckin bucks to see a movie on a big screen id kinda rather just be blown away by crazy visuals then get wrapped up in the plot, i can save that for netflix. If both deliver though- bonus.
I vehemently do not comprehend the above sentiment.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

still illiterate wrote:
jamrage wrote:
it's not the case for most movies, just a green lantern movie starring ryan reynolds. we all know what this movie is.
:lol:
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

jamrage wrote:
still illiterate wrote:
jamrage wrote:
:lol:
:rofl:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Saw it. Thought it was good aside from the some of the corny dialogue in the movie. I think they realized some of the content was corny and made up for it with some good action sequences which made it even out, IMO. Ryan Reynolds was on point.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

what the fuck is up with his costume? that shit looks really off in the commercials, like it was cgi'd on but by tim and eric. is it that bad or does it just look wack in the commercial?

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

The Afronaut wrote:
siLLy KiD wrote:
jamrage wrote:
I vehemently do not comprehend the above sentiment.
i mean i love film and i don't really care for shitty over produced blockbusters, I would never watch them in my free time. But because it's so freaking expensive to go see a movie nowadays I almost want to go only if it's something i REALLLLY need to see immediately, or if it's something in 3D that looks crazy visually or that is actually worth seeing on a big screen with big sound etc... It's kinda like if you go to a theme park- you wanna ride some roller coasters? Or you wanna go chill in the hall of presidents and listen to robotic Abraham Lincoln? lol

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

^^^"Good plot" = "Hall of Presidents" though? :naswtf:

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

i just came back from watching this flick. Keep in mind i've never read a Green Lantern comic before. I know the Green Lantern character, but not so much his origin story. I can't really judge the movie on how well it follows the comic. The trailers looked real cheesy or goofy.

Now that i've seen it, I gotta say that I actually enjoyed it. It was more serious than the trailer made it out to be. the amount of comedy was appropriate. All the "fear/will" type dialogue was a bit tired though. It was like they ran out of ideas on how to talk about fear. Mark Strong and Peter Saarsgard are dope in this.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

The Afronaut wrote:^^^"Good plot" = "Hall of Presidents" though? :naswtf:

obviously you never been....shit is DEEP SON! :owens: