Breaking Bad: Season 4

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

perabigail wrote:
siLLy KiD wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:how obvious do these directors have to make shit? the guy got shot at point blank hes fucking dead
you're fucking retarded. did you even watch the show? Did you not see how much time the DIRECTOR put into depicting Jesse's internal conflict with killing an innocent man? Not only that, but they DON'T SHOW him getting shot, they just show him close his eyes and pull the trigger. Not only that, but people live from gun shots last time I checked...I'm sure people were supposed to assume the same in game of thrones when a 10 year old boy is thrown from like 300 ft...but uhhhh.....guess what- he lives. And that's without the aid of a Dr. and modern medicine. Even though it's written as fantasy, they still seem to portray a world in which the characters are bound by the same basic principles of physics and anatomy. So anyways...point being is- the whole point of a cliff hanger is to leave you not knowing, because what you don't see, you don't really know, and if the director made a statement saying that he did in fact intend to show that he got shot, then obviously he didn't do a very good job doing so and more people than just me thought that mighta been open to debate...lol. If he's dead though- so be it. But to me it wasn't like PAINFULLY obvious that dude is dead, you guys act like you've never watched a fucking movie or t.v. show in your life....lmao. They do that kinda shit all the time, make you think one thing....actually another...it's this thing called the element of surprise. I was a fucking film major faggot. All I did was watch and analyze films shot by shot by shot by shot and write papers on them, so I know what I'm talking about.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/vince-gilligan,42064/
The A.V. Club: Last season ended with an episode that was reasonably conclusive, whereas this season ends with a cliffhanger. Whyג€™d you choose to end on an ambiguous note?

Vince Gilligan: Well first let me ask you: When you say ג€œambiguousג€ do you mean ambiguous in the sense of did Jesse shoot Gale or not?

AVC: Among other things, yes.

VG: Gotcha. Thatג€™s interesting, because Iג€™m hearing that from some folks, that question. To me, for what itג€™s worth, itג€™s not actually meant to be ambiguous. Itג€™s meant to be, ג€œOh my god, Jesse shot poor Gale." But Iג€™m realizing now that when people see the camera come dollying around so itג€™s looking down the barrel of the gun, some are reading that as maybe heג€™s changing his point of aim. But thatג€™s not what we intended. Apparently itג€™s not as clear as I thought it would be. [Laughs.]
for the record, i completely wanna eat darth malek's penis here. you're argument is that of obviously a lot of others and therefore valid. stop being right so much. and stop posting pictures of my mom on okcupid.com. thanks.
fixt.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
ALASKA wrote:it really is amazing at how bad everything else on tv seems compared to this shit.....with the exception of treme, which is a semi distant second.
I think Justified is pretty good, Olyphant and Goggins are great
Far as the time frame when BB season 3 was airing, Justified, FNL and Terriers are all on the level
Justified already has the ep to beat in '11
and yeah, hopefully game of thrones will get there
moved by duck muscles

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Blockhead wrote:Nah, Treme is boring as shit.

The killing, while not technically a better show than Treme on some invisible artistic level , is far more entertaining and interesting.
:cheers:

Also silly kid is officially on :ignore:

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

^^ can't see shit.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

haha

only seen the first episode of Treme and was really bored, prolly will netflix it though

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

oh man i gotta wait til halfway through july................... this is the first show in a while i didn't get bored of after a couple of seasons. most shows turn into soap operas after a while to keep you watching. it's been said before but the set pieces are the best on tv. seems more like a movie than any tv show i can think of. ball riding over (not rly)
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

yo silly kid .
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................u got downs
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

i totle agre.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

trailer got me hyped.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Definitely SPOILERS below...

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/31/break ... aron-paul/

'Breaking Bad': Exclusive details about season 4!
by Dan Snierson
Forty-seven days from now, things are going to get bad again. In a good way. On July 17, AMCג€™s Breaking Bad returns for a fourth season, and if this cunning drug-world drama went out with a bang last season ג€” as Jesse appeared to have shot Gale per Waltג€™s instruction ג€” one can only imagine what nefarious misdeeds are in store for us now. Says series creator Vince Gilligan: ג€œWe try very hard to make this show as exciting and as nail-biting as possible, and I think in season 4 weג€™ve done some of our best work yet along those lines. There are going to be twists and turns that people will be talking about for a while to come, I believe.ג€ To get yourself ready, check out these character-by-character teases, courtesy of Gilligan and series stars Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul. (And for those who need a SPOILER ALERT, consider yourself warnedג€¦.)

Walt (Bryan Cranston) Our chemistry-teacher-turned-meth-maker manages to get himself in even more trouble, if thatג€™s even a mathematical possibility. ג€œWalt will find himself less enchanted with the world of meth production than he currently does,ג€ says Gilligan. ג€œHe journeys deeper into this criminal underworld, and then much of season 4 is Waltג€™s effort to get out from under and overcome in a very dangerous battle of wills.ג€ In other words, brace yourself for an epic struggle between Walt and Gus (Giancarlo Esposito).
ג€œIn many ways [Walt and Gus] have great admiration and respect for each other, for their specific abilities, and yet theyג€™re adversaries,ג€ says Cranston. ג€œAs much as they attempted to become a union, theyג€™re too much at odds, which is interesting because theyג€™re very similar in many ways and yet in a few key ways, theyג€™re very different. Itג€™s going to be interesting to see how it plays out, and it is a match of wits all the way through the season.ג€

Skyler (Anna Gunn) Waltג€™s relationship with his wife, Skyler, which has been in a downward spiral, will move in new directions this season. ג€œOddly enough, as his professional life gets darker, he and Skyler will come to some sort of an understanding,ג€ says Gilligan. ג€œWeג€™ll see them partnered in a business, which will bring them together ג€” and also cause a lot of friction. And the way they procure this business is a lot of funג€¦. Itג€™s interesting that Walt has long felt that what he does, he does for his family, and in that sense he and Skyler share a trait. We will grow to, if not agree with many of her choices this season, respect her more this season for her mental toughness and pragmatism and desire to do right by her family.ג€
Adds Cranston: ג€œSkyler sees capabilities in [Walt] that sheג€™s never realized, and it changes her outlook. For the first time, sheג€™s seeing her husband as a dangerous man ג€” an intimidating, powerful man. And she gets involved, and she has some very good ideas and surprising ideas to Walt. So they become closer in at least one way.ג€

Jesse (Aaron Paul) Whatever happened when Waltג€™s partner, Jesse, fired his gun will have a profound impact on him. ג€œIt definitely echoes throughout the season,ג€ says Paul. ג€œJust him going up to that door and pulling the trigger, whether he killed Gayle or not, I see as definitely crossing that bridge, and now heג€™s living in a whole other world of just turmoil. All of last season, he was dealing with the loss of his girlfriend ג€” he blamed himself, he had no idea that Walt had anything to do with it. So now Jesse is morphing into yet another person within himself, just struggling with his inner demons. Itג€™s pretty intense.ג€
One way that manifests itself: Jesse distracts himself with debauchery. ג€œJesseג€™s going to have the party to end all parties,ג€ says Gilligan. ג€œWeג€™re going to find out Jesse has some pretty amazing Hugh Hefner-ish genes, and heג€™s going to have the parties of all parties this season, but probably not one you would want to attend. Not after the first few days anyway.ג€ He also finds himself with a new partner in crime in the form of a familiar face. ג€œItג€™s a budding romance in the drug world,ג€ hints Paul cryptically. ג€œItג€™s a beautiful thing, and I know people will like it.ג€

Hank (Dean Norris) Everybodyג€™s favorite DEA agent will unhappily embark on a difficult rehabilitation process after taking a few bullets in that chilling shootout. ג€œHank definitely has a very long road to recovery,ג€ says Gilligan. ג€œ[But] even though things look pretty dire in the early going, he will get his mojo back as the season progresses in some fashion, although probably not in the fashion that youג€™d expect.ג€

Gus (Giancarlo Esposito) ג€œPeople are going to have nightmares about Gus Fring,ג€ declares Gilligan. Get set to see the full power of this drug lord in his battle with Walt and learn more about his empire and past. ג€œThis is a very interesting and complex character who is also very smart, and even when he scares us, weג€™ll always find ourselves respecting his intelligence and his will and his great ability to do the things that he does,ג€ notes Gilligan.

Saul (Bob Odenkirk) Waltג€™s sleazy lawyer will be ג€œpulled deeper and further into places he doesnג€™t want to go,ג€ and heג€™ll work with a couple of new characters whom ג€œweג€™re going to enjoy being around,ג€ notes Gilligan. One is his new bodyguard, who is ג€œexactly the kind of bodyguard you would expect Saul to hire.ג€ And, of course, Mr. Goodman wonג€™t disappoint in the fashion department. ג€œWe can expect more in the way of amazing, flamboyant and eye-piercing sartorial choices,ג€ quips Gilligan. ג€œSaulג€™s wardrobe could take the paint off of a fence.ג€

Marie (Betsy Brandt) Skylerג€™s klepto-sis may wind up stealing your heart this year. ג€œSheג€™s got her quirks and her peccadilloes, and we love her for that, but this season weג€™ll really respect her for personality traits that she had previously not revealed to us,ג€ says Gilligan. ג€œShe works very hard to nurse her husband, whom she loves very much, back to health. And [through] that struggle, weג€™re going to appreciate her more because sheג€™s a much more substantial person than some of us might have thought.ג€

Walt Jr. (RJ Mitte) Waltג€™s son turns the big 1-6, which means only one thing: Heג€™s getting a car. ג€œIג€™m looking forward to people seeing the car that he gets from his loving dad,ג€ chuckles Gilligan. ג€œItג€™s going to be one of the highlights this season.ג€

To read more about Breaking Badג€™s fourth season, pick up a copy of EWג€™s Best of Summer issue, on newsstands now.
Cysed about Gus having an even more prominent role.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

DVD out tomorrow.

$5 off at Best buy coupon:
http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en ... xp0731.pdf

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

<object id="flashObj" width="456" height="388" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shoc ... ,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer ... f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1008381451001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fbreaking-bad%2Fvideos%2Fbreaking-bad-official-season-4-trailer&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer ... f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1008381451001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fbreaking-bad%2Fvideos%2Fbreaking-bad-official-season-4-trailer&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="456" height="388" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/dow ... d></object>

CYSED.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

is it just me or is skyler dreamy?

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

She is.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

no spoilers!!!!

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

Brougham33 wrote:DVD out tomorrow.

$5 off at Best buy coupon:
http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en ... xp0731.pdf
looks like it has good special features as well.

"Cast & Crew Commentary on 9 Episodes with Vince Gilligan, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks Deleted Scenes and Unusual Footage Gag Reel 7 Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes Mini Video Podcasts with the Cast and Crew on Every Episode Better Call Saul Commercials and Testimonials 20 Episodes of Inside Breaking Bad"

Gregg Popabitch

i'm gonna wait till the series is over and hope they come out with a mini winebago box set.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Pretty excited that Bill Burr is in this new season.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:i'm gonna wait till the series is over and hope they come out with a mini winebago box set.
fucking phenomenal idea...

Guun

Post by Guun »

Hacksaw Jim Thuggin wrote:Pretty excited that Bill Burr is in this new season.
oh shit.. i didn't know that.. wonder what type of character he'll play.. a cop?

Gregg Popabitch

siLLy KiD wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:i'm gonna wait till the series is over and hope they come out with a mini winebago box set.
fucking phenomenal idea...
yeah, it'd be up there with the Seinfeld refridgerator box set as the coolest looking box set for dvd/blu-rays for a tv show ever.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Sooo... I didn't start watching this until last fall, just finished season 3 last night. Fuckin greatness, nuff said. I can't think of anything on tv that comes close to this, imho.

Will also wait to cop for a nice boxset. But with how great the writing is here, it seems they can go on for another few seasons, I dunno.

jay

Post by jay »

Heard Lavell Crawford on the radio this morning talking about his role on Breaking Bad this season playing Saul's bodyguard. Funny dude and can only add more comedy to Odenkirk's scenes

Gregg Popabitch

Verge wrote:Sooo... I didn't start watching this until last fall, just finished season 3 last night. Fuckin greatness, nuff said. I can't think of anything on tv that comes close to this, imho.

Will also wait to cop for a nice boxset. But with how great the writing is here, it seems they can go on for another few seasons, I dunno.
I thought there was going to be only 2 more seasons left?

Verge

Post by Verge »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Verge wrote:Sooo... I didn't start watching this until last fall, just finished season 3 last night. Fuckin greatness, nuff said. I can't think of anything on tv that comes close to this, imho.

I thought there was going to be only 2 more seasons left?
I have no idea, anyone else would know better than me, so probably. I've avoided reading anything about the show until i finished season 3 the other night. Now I still don't wanna see anything about it cause I hates spoilers.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

He wants to end it at 5.

Inteview with Vince Gilligan here:

http://collider.com/vince-gilligan-inte ... n-5/98548/

:ohsh: at maybe getting Herzog to direct an episode.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Finally got around to watching this series. Been watching 3 On Demand and just ordered 1 & 2 on Amazon to arrive on Monday. Would like to be all caught up before the new season begins. Really dope show.