Breaking Bad: Season 4

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

deal me my late pass please. ive had season one sitting around in my collection for awhile and just got to it last week...love it...im about 5 episodes into season 2 so i still have a ways to go but i may fly right thru it just in time for the new season..

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

two new articles on the upcoming season:

Sepinwall's preview:
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan- ... n-season-4

Klosterman's claim that it is the best show of the big 4 (over the wire, sopranos and madment):
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/676 ... -decisions

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I can't believe I actually liked something that Klosterman wrote.

Other then the fact he thinks Breaking Bad is better than The Wire, I agree with a lot of what he had to say.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:I can't believe I actually liked something that Klosterman wrote.

Other then the fact he thinks Breaking Bad is better than The Wire, I agree with a lot of what he had to say.
whats your beef with klosterman?

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

samdoom wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:I can't believe I actually liked something that Klosterman wrote.

i was wondering the same thing.

Gregg Popabitch

ALASKA wrote:
samdoom wrote:

i was wondering the same thing.
my bad, didn't see this.

I think he tries to come off as hyper masculine and overly intellectual. also, some of his pieces where he talks about high culture/low culture really turned me off of him.

when it comes to tv writing, sepinwall shits a mud hut all over him where klosterman can play house with his 5 minute kitchen. He doesn't try to beat you over the head with overly verbose posts where he tries to display his intellectual dominance over you at all. He gets the job done without the holier then thou attitude that reeks from klosterman's writing.

on podcasts, he's not as bad imo but his smarmy voice annoys me just as much.

I'm not going to front that sometimes he brings up good points and that is why I still somewhat check for his shit but I feel like I have to peel away layers of bullshit sometimes.
Last edited by Gregg Popabitch on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

finally caught up and im honestly so hyped for season 4 i'm almost ready to rewatch the entire series again...i was so entertained by everything up to this point that time just flew by...

can only imagine how the next season or so will go down...now i have to embrace that shitty shitty feeling of waiting in between new episodes...i need that blue stuff in my life

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/lT6zL ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/lT6zL ... 3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Gregg Popabitch

omg having a heart attack

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

the day of breakoning is upon us!!!! :ohsh:

Verge

Post by Verge »

Can not fucking wait.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Verge wrote:Can not fucking wait.

Dap

Post by Dap »

'Breaking Bad': 5 Questions Answered in the Season Premiere

1. Is Gale still alive? Though we saw Jesse pull the trigger, we never saw Gale die, and an odd camera angle seemed to raise doubts about whether Jesse hit him. (The show's creator and the director of the episode, Vince Gilligan, later said he didn't mean to be ambiguous -- but viewers wondered if he was exhibiting Walt-like caginess to set us up for a later surprise.)

The premiere resolves whether Gale is dead or alive. But the opening scene will leave you awfully confused for a minute.

2. Will Gus let this stand? By "this," we're referring to Jesse going after Gale -- not saying whether Gale lives or dies. You might think Walt's relationship with his boss couldn't get any more tense after Gus tried to have him killed. But Walt and Jesse's fate becomes apparent in a sequence as nerve-wracking as anything on television since -- well, since the episode last season when Hank battled the cousins.

3. Speaking of Hank, how's he doing? Walt's DEA brother-in-law (Dean Norris) lost the use of his legs after his breathtaking shootout with the machete-wiedling cousins. In Walt's perfect world, Hank would be bedridden for life, unable to figure out that the Southwest's most potent meth is the product of his own in-law.

The premiere gives us some insight into what threat Hank still poses to Walt. Remember that at one point last season, only an RV door kept him from learning all Walt's secrets.

4. Has Walt no remorse? "Breaking Bad" doesn't muck around with a lot of precious symbolism.

In fact, it may have exactly one symbol -- a small piece of detritis that seems to call out to Walt, "IKNOWWHATYOUDID." It's the kind of thing most people would throw away. Not Walt.

5. Who's responsible for building Gus' insanely sophisticated meth lab? If you're like us, you've never even thought about this before. But the answer might make you watch last season all over again, with a completely different perspective.
"Breaking Bad" returns to AMC Sunday at 10/9c.

so excited.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

dope preview

^^the above has me wondering if gus can hire someone to make that crazy lab why can't the same dude cook?

how the hell is this series gonna end? walt pushes gus in a vat of chemicals........ walt becomes the boss & turns evil........... walts retarded son kills him to bring justice to the world............ gus comes back as the joker..............
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote: how the hell is this series gonna end? walt pushes gus in a vat of chemicals........ walt becomes the boss & turns evil........... walts retarded son kills him to bring justice to the world............ gus comes back as the joker..............
:lol:

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

samdoom wrote:whats your beef with klosterman?
klosterman wrote:Having the best show on network TV is kind of like being the best crunk dancer at a Genesis concert.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Great start to the season.
I knew that Mexican was getting murked as soon as hitman Mike asked him if anyone saw him. Gus is a bad motherfucker. Dude is jacked too, I had no idea.
This show does all the little things right, like Skylar not telling Walt that she spent all day looking for him was great, she didn't want him to know that she cared.
The shit with Hank pooping in the bed was crazy uncomfortable.
Really thought Jesse was going to take having to murder Gail badly, dude brushing it off like that might have been the most shocking part of the episode. Preview makes it look like he wigs out again and Walt is going to have to go after him, gonna be crazy and next Sunday can't come soon enough.

True story, I have the exact same tie that Gus was wearing in this episode.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Great start to the season.
Word.
I knew that Mexican was getting murked as soon as hitman Mike asked him if anyone saw him.
This was the only thing that bothered me because I've never really been able to predict too much important shit like that with this show. Know what I mean? It's not a good sign if someone like me can start figuring shit out here. But, while he was trying to cook, I was thinking that somehow Mike was gonna throw his ass in a vat and cook him up, so the suspense was there. I knew, as I'm sure everyone did, that Gus wasn't gonna murk Jesse or Walt but the Mexican kid instead.
But I enjoyed, can't wait for more, and expect it to stay great.
Yep. this is one of those real life type elements that really keeps the show down to earth, that realism shit.
Really thought Jesse was going to take having to murder Gail badly, dude brushing it off like that might have been the most shocking part of the episode.
Ehh. I was actually surprised for a minute last season when he got all into worrying about that girl's little brother. But I shouldn't have cause he showed that he had some type of caring towards kids way back in season one or two. With his character, that is kind of what I expected. Though it did throw me off for about 20 seconds in the beginning when Gail was still alive.....but it was just a flashback.

I was happy with this ep, just worried that it was predictable a little. Still, fuck what i say, excellent beginning to another great season.

Dap

Post by Dap »

that was excellent. the way they ended it with the "lab notes" was perfect. could not be more excited to see what happens in the next episode.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Let that boy cook. Super psyched for this. G'eah.

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

odium-LSC wrote:Let that boy cook. Super psyched for this. G'eah.
truth. great episode. let the pain that is waiting til next week begin.

Gregg Popabitch

I won't neccessarily say that Jesse brushed off killing gale like it was nothing. Most people that have post traumatic stress disorder act like nothing has fazed them after the first few hours of the traumatic experience. it's a defense mechanism.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Tommy Bunz wrote: Gus is a bad motherfucker. Dude is jacked too, I had no idea.
:pause:

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Great start but I agree with Verge that they made Victor's death too obvious, but it was still an awesome moment, Giancarlo is the fucking man. Funny to see that Gale was a big reason reason Gus went with Walter. This episode was maybe the first time I've ever seen Mike shook. Lolz at the matching Kenny Rogers t-shirts, wish they showed a scene with Mike taking them to go get outfits and dropping them off at Denny's.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Great start to the season.
I knew that Mexican was getting murked as soon as hitman Mike asked him if anyone saw him. Gus is a bad motherfucker. Dude is jacked too, I had no idea.
This show does all the little things right, like Skylar not telling Walt that she spent all day looking for him was great, she didn't want him to know that she cared.
Really thought Jesse was going to take having to murder Gail badly, dude brushing it off like that might have been the most shocking part of the episode. Preview makes it look like he wigs out again and Walt is going to have to go after him, gonna be crazy and next Sunday can't come soon enough.

True story, I have the exact same tie that Gus was wearing in this episode.
Yo, I felt most of these were views on point. Especially Gus getting swoll. Dude was NOT that big last season. Fucking HGH test that man. Word to the Hank scene too. Shit was mad real, dunny. Great premier though. Stoked to have this show back.

LET THAT BOY COOK!

PEACE

None

Post by None »

Brougham33 wrote:Lolz at the matching Kenny Rogers t-shirts, wish they showed a scene with Mike taking them to go get outfits and dropping them off at Denny's.
That would have been amazing. That little detail made the episode for me.

Gregg Popabitch

i'm assuming jesse drove them to buy shirts and i'm absolutely sure that he drove them to the dennys and then drove hank home.

Zeed Stun

Post by Zeed Stun »

^ pretty sure walt was dropped off by a cab.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

most interesting scene to me was the flashback at the beginning. plus now I wonder what the lawyer's up to.....

i wonder how detailed dude's lab notes were......... possible posthumous snitch attack?
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Gregg Popabitch

Zeed Stun wrote:^ pretty sure walt was dropped off by a cab.
you sure? gonna watch the episode again tonight.

but the mexican had jesse drive them both to the lab to meet with mike and walt that night, right? so wouldn't it make sense that they'd have jesse drive them back?