First details on Captain America movie

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

The Afronaut wrote:
Positive A wrote:Did not like. And i generally like cap (the comic). Shit was boring.
Was there something specific that was boring, or do you just mean overall?
Basically everything. Acting was shit (Except for Red Skull who was pretty bang on imo), little to know action, cornball shit all over the place.

and I was a huge cap fan and was really looking forward to this. Perhaps a 2nd viewing may change my mind, but my 1st impression was not good.

Sour, yo.

None

Post by None »

"It's okay, I can SWIM!!!!!"

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

^^^ that part was great.

I really enjoyed it. Not on the level of Spidey 2, X2 or the first Iron Man, but close. I think that's mostly because in my opinion Cap has always bored me to tears, I've always thought he was a dickhead, especially in the Ultimates run. And his superpowers just arent as exciting compared to damn near every other person in the marvel universe.
The cast was pretty perfect... Chris Evans and Hugo Weaving were spot on. Tommy Lee Jones killed every scene he was in, and Toby Jones was great too. They nailed the atmosphere and tone, Joe Johnston knocked it out of the park I thought

None

Post by None »

Captain America: The First Avenger- Itג€™s okay, I can swim/Help, I canג€™t swim ג€“

To begin, Captain America isnג€™t the best superhero movie of the summah (year), that honor still belongs to X-Men: First Class. The difference is that Captain America never has any scenes that forced my heart into my throat like some of the Magneto scenes in First Class did. Nor is it the best Marvel produced superhero movie of the summah (year), that honor belongs to Thor. The difference here is that despite all of the smirks and quips, Captain America never manages to be as surprisingly funny as Thor was. Also, while I thought the movie did a good job of getting me to like Steve Rogers, it never sold me as completely as the first Iron Man or Thor did about their eponymous heroes. Lastly, what First Class and Thor have over Cap is that I felt that the direction in both while flawed, was still sounder and had a clearer vision of what they wanted their movies to be. Whereas Captain America wobbles between seemingly wanting to revel in the wholesomeness of WWII America, making a period war piece and a modern superhero movie. That is not to say Captain America isnג€™t a solid and enjoyable experience in its own right, and certainly I wonג€™t be writing any essays called ג€œTo Make Superhero Movies after Captain America: The First Avenger is Barbaricג€ (Look out for my actual essay, ג€œTo Make Superhero Movies after Green Lantern is Barbaricג€).

However, enough of what Captain America isnג€™t, letג€™s look at what it is. What it is down to its core is a flawed, but fun superhero movie that successful introduces its main character and why he is worthy of a viewers sympathies and accolades. That said the film often stumbles on its own inability to differentiate between endearing innocence of the mid 40ג€™s and what is horribly clich

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

None wrote:"It's okay, I can SWIM!!!!!"
Great part.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Positive A wrote:
None wrote:"It's okay, I can SWIM!!!!!"
Great part.

Wonderful part... Also all of the montage ass kicking was just like PG B movie fun, the portion posted in this thread with the shield was great...

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Trademark wrote:Was Mussolini really executed or did he and his brother grow mustaches, buy red and green overalls, and open a successful plumbing business on the southside of the bronx?
:lol:

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

best part of the movie was after the credits

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

still illiterate wrote:best part of the movie was Hayley Atwell appearing out of uniform

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

average movie at best

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

SYM wrote:
goddamnthosearenicetitties

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

is there any after credit goodness to stay for?

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Tired & Broke wrote:is there any after credit goodness to stay for?
yes