Curb Your Enthusiasm S8

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

ehhh.. that's about as average as this show will ever be.

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

Larry was an asshole for doing Oscar dirty like that

Crappy Pants

Post by Crappy Pants »

I fucking love this show. Lewis in the restaurant at the end made me :lol:

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

another funny episode..wont rank it until ive seen it like 50x like every other season

an-also

Post by an-also »

LD and Richard Lewis's convo about the 'Plan' and 'Confirmation' was straight gold.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:The Chat and Cut!!!!
an-also wrote:LD and Richard Lewis's convo about the 'Plan' and 'Confirmation' was straight gold.
Word.

And that Vow of Silence shit was too funny.

"Why would you wait til now tell us about your helicopter ride?"
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I INVENTED THE CHAT AND CUT. THIS IS AMATEUR HOUR. IF I WERE DOING THE CHAT AND CUT, YOU WOULDNT EVEN NOTICE

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

:lol:

Fucking loved the latest episode. :bow:

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

Fucking hilarious. Pure assholery at it's finest. I was already dying at Larry flying to NY and the last shot of Richard Lewis killed me.

"This is amateur hour..." >>>>>>>
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Womans reaction to his nonchalant "This morning." made me laugh so hard i cried

Gregg Popabitch

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

richard lewis killed that episode with his one liners.

jeff wanting to give the dog chocolate for his last meal.

also, check out some of the people's clothes and facial expressions in the background. some of that shit is on some leon with the linebacker cutoff shirt.

that episode was one of the better ones of the season. seemed like the "writers" had more ideas and input.

Crappy Pants

Post by Crappy Pants »

Willie B wrote:jeff wanting to give the dog chocolate for his last meal.
:rofl: I actually missed this at first. Watched it again and lol'd

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

Very good episode. 2nd strongest of the season, I forget which one I liked more. The awkwardness seemed less forced. The chat and cut thing brought back feelings of earlier seasons. Plus, the reason for Larry going to New York was alot funnier than I expected it to be.
the boy is the father to the man

an-also

Post by an-also »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:Image
:lol: This storyboard funnier than watching the actual scene.

DLG

Post by DLG »

there's something that irks me about this season. Yes, it's funny, but not in the same uncomfortable way it used to be. It seems when Larry was married Cheryl served as some sort of a buffer where he was getting into awkward situations but he was trying to be a good guy, which is what made it funny and awkward. Now that he's in constant asshole, no fucks given mode it doesn't really work as well.

It was most evident in this episode. Instead of the socially awkward guy he's just a straight up curmudgeony douche. Still funny, but it's a little one-dimensional imo and could tire really quickly.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

^ I had convinced myself he doesn't need Cheryl but I'm starting to think otherwise. It's still really good when it's good though, of course. An advantage is that we get to see LD dating and sleeping around which is very funny at times and allows for some new humorous elements.

Think this will really pick up once he gets to NY.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

DLG wrote:there's something that irks me about this season.
I know what you mean. Also, the ad-libbing seems a way more obvious and a bit... knowing in this season. Larry, Jeff and Richard Lewis shooting the shit and laughing.

THAT SAID, i'm enjoying it a lot. Needs more Leon, though! Will he go to NYC?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Leon is going to NYC. The show will only get better from this point forward.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

DLG wrote:there's something that irks me about this season. Yes, it's funny, but not in the same uncomfortable way it used to be. It seems when Larry was married Cheryl served as some sort of a buffer where he was getting into awkward situations but he was trying to be a good guy, which is what made it funny and awkward. Now that he's in constant asshole, no fucks given mode it doesn't really work as well.

It was most evident in this episode. Instead of the socially awkward guy he's just a straight up curmudgeony douche. Still funny, but it's a little one-dimensional imo and could tire really quickly.

completely disagree. This show will always be one dimensional, it had grown tiresome in the other direction that you describe. For god's sake I think its season 3? Where every episode is the exact same script just with different awkward situations. I like the new asshole Larry it changes it up a little bit and in my opinion ramps up the humor crude or otherwise.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

also those that think the show is going to change drastically when he gets to NY need to slow their roll. There is no way anything changes but the actors and settings.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

I think Larry gets called out on more shit from "randoms" when the show goes to NY. I find it hard to believe he gets away with as much douchebaggery in NY as he would in LA and many hilarious confrontations with random people are in the near future. Also Leon in NY is guaranteed to be gold.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

an-also

Post by an-also »

I wonder how they write Leon to new york. Would be funny if Larry just randomly bumped into him on a street.

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

leon dont got no job. how else is he going to eat except for bumming money off larry? definitely a funny convo waiting to happen.

DLG

Post by DLG »

richard needs to go to ny too, he's really been killin shit

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

DLG wrote:there's something that irks me about this season. Yes, it's funny, but not in the same uncomfortable way it used to be. It seems when Larry was married Cheryl served as some sort of a buffer where he was getting into awkward situations but he was trying to be a good guy, which is what made it funny and awkward. Now that he's in constant asshole, no fucks given mode it doesn't really work as well.

i think it's been that way for at least 2 seasons. seinfeld changed & got super wacky @ the end of the series too..
but i still like those seinfeld episodes & i'm still laughing @ cye.. so i decided to just roll with it

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

an-also wrote:I wonder how they write Leon to new york. Would be funny if Larry just randomly bumped into him on a street.
Leon should already be in the house when Larry arrives. Eating Chinese food.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Pizon wrote:
an-also wrote:I wonder how they write Leon to new york. Would be funny if Larry just randomly bumped into him on a street.
Leon should already be in the house when Larry arrives. Eating Chinese food.

:lol:

Gregg Popabitch

larry should've always played the asshole role. he has "fuck you" money and there was no reason he shouldn't have been playing the role other then the fact that he had to appease Cheryl.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:larry should've always played the asshole role. he has "fuck you" money and there was no reason he shouldn't have been playing the role other then the fact that he had to appease Cheryl.

Thank you! I completely agree...It's wonderful.