The Expendables sequel news

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Truth.

The Expendables sequel news

Post by Truth. »

The follow-up movie is a priority at producer Millennium Films, where it's being developed by Stallone, the creative force behind the original. But Stallone, who both starred in and directed the 2010 summer hit, isn't, at the moment, planning on helming the new movie. Instead, he's been meeting with directors to tackle the sequel, said a person who was briefed on the project but was not authorized to speak about it publicly.

The script for the new movie has been written by David Agosto and Ken Kaufman, the latter of whom counts the Clint Eastwood adventure "Space Cowboys" and family comedy "Curious George" among his credits, said the source. (Stallone co-wrote the script for the original with David Callaham.)

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Good to see hes [Sly] going to take the backseat on this one.

Weird choice of writer though, going by the movies mentioned. Space Cowboys? :grin:
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Van Damme has got to get in on this.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:
Weird choice of writer though, going by the movies mentioned. Space Cowboys? :grin:
this isn't the worst news actually, space cowboys wasn't great by any means but it was proficient in showing old age badasses in a sympathetic light and the last shot with TLJones lamping on the moon was epic
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Here is hoping he is talking to McTiernan, Harlin, Verhoven, or if he wants to go with a newer cat the dude that make Undisputed 2 and 3 that cat needs a bigger budget.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

word is JCVD has signed on to play a villain

Crappy Pants

Post by Crappy Pants »

This movie needs the god Seagal.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

Crappy Pants wrote:This movie needs the god Frank Stallone.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

needs donnie yen.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

sho kosugi

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

A great day for all us hardened action fans...Jean-Claude Van Damme's villainous appearance in THE EXPENDABLES 2 has been confirmed!

Word comes from TheVanDammeFans forum via Sheldon Lettich (director of the JCVD flick Double Impact) who said that Van Damme told him that:"He will be playing a villain in The Expendables 2 and that Weapon (another JCVD flick) looks great." F*ckin-A this sequel is gonna be epic!

As we know now after some confusion, Sly Stallone will NOT direct THE EXPENDABLES 2, nor did he write the script this time around. David Agosto and Ken Kaufman (THE MISSING) jointly inked the screenplay. We're still awaiting the announcement of the new director.

Slated for an August 17th, 2012 release - expect to see some repeat offenders make their return: Sly, Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews, Randy Couture, Mickey Rourke, Steve Austin and Jet Li.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Director has been announced.
Simon West To Direct 'Expendables 2'
EXCLUSIVE: After a long search, Simon West is the choice to direct The Expendables 2, the sequel to the 2010 surprise hit action film. West, who most recently directed the CBS Films remake of The Mechanic with Jason Statham and Ben Foster, also directed Con Air, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and The General's Daughter. Production begins in the summer.

The sequel is expected to have back an original cast that includes Sylvester Stallone, Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Terry Crews and Jet Li. Stallone directed the original, which grossed $275 million worldwide, $103 million domestic. The film's produced by Millennium Films and will be released by Lionsgate. West is repped by CAA.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/simon-w ... ndables-2/

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Tom Sizemore has confirmed he will star in The Expendables 2.

Whilst appearing at the London Film and Comic Con at the weekend, the Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Dawn star gave a candid on stage talk to fans. When he wasn't good-naturedly calling out his Pearl Harbour director Michael Bay for his on-set methods ("he's an asshole, but he's my asshole"), Sizemore confirmed he would be appearing in the sequel to Sylvester Stallone's 2010 summer hit The Expendables.

He refused to comment further on his role when pressed ("Sly will kill me"), but at the end of the talk he reflected on his sobriety and the exciting roles he has coming up, including a recurring role in Hawaii Five-0. When reeling off the projects, he dropped that he would be playing "a villain in Expendables 2". Sorry Sly!

Stallone has stepped down as director for the sequel, handing over the reins to Con Air director Simon West. The Expendables 2 is expected to reunite Stallone, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Terry Crews and Jet Li, who will now be joined by Sizemore, currently celebrating over a year and a half of sobriety after a lifetime of drug addiction.

We'll be bringing you an exclusive interview with Sizemore later this week.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

pretty perfect to play a sleazy drug dear or a sleazy cia agent or a sleazy anything for that matter. dude just looks like a walking std in sunglasses sprinkled with cheap cocaine. he probably roofies himself before jerking off

The Road

Post by The Road »

Rumor: Travolta and Chuck Norris join the cast

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=130651

+ JCVD, Sizemore and the cast of the original movie?...damn!

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

I hope it has michael dudikoff and the ultimate warrior

admiral

Post by admiral »

For the love of god, someone get Don "The Dragon" Wilson in this as a henchman

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

admiral wrote:For the love of god, someone get Don "The Dragon" Wilson in this as a henchman
On the henchman tip is Robert Z'Dar still around? If so, he should be in on this.

Crappy Pants

Post by Crappy Pants »

The Afronaut wrote:
admiral wrote:For the love of god, someone get Don "The Dragon" Wilson in this as a henchman
On the henchman tip is Robert Z'Dar still around? If so, he should be in on this.

"Man, that guy's got a small face"

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/08/donn ... rything%29
DONNIE YEN JOINING THE CAST OF THE EXPENDABLES 2?

According to Hong Kong newspapers, while Donnie Yen and his family were on holidays in the US recently, he was invited to dinner by producer Avi Lerner. Reportedly, Lerner has offered Yen a 'tailor-made' role in the upcoming sequel to THE EXPENDABLES, which is due to commence shooting in October.

A spokesperson from Yen's company confirmed that there was in fact an offer, and went on to say that Yen may be interested in THE EXPENDABLES, but because he currently has a number of projects to choose from, he will not decide until he sees if the script appeals to him or not.

Back in the early 2000s, Donnie Yen was already working in Hollywood, appearing in films such as Shanghai Knight and Blade II (for which he also acted as fight choreographer). Of course, he is a much bigger star now following the recent success of Ip Man 1 & 2 and BODYGUARDS AND ASSASSINS.
fingers crossed.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Okay so I have a lot to share with you guys in this article. All this information comes from my contact Svetlio in Sofia, Bulgaria who writes for the entertainment section of a local newspaper, he has established many contacts within the movie industry through his time as an entertainment journalist. Svetlio received the majority of this information through his contacts at Nu Boyana Studios where Expendables 2 is filming and through his contacts at Nu Image. As an exciting side note, Svetlio may be getting a small role in the film as an extra which would be an amazing opportunity and experience for him as well as allow us even more exclusive coverage from the set!!

So let's get started here, to start with I have pictures of the newspaper article that featured the news that Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis will be on board for Expendables 2, Arnold filming for one week and Bruce possibly up to two weeks. The article is written in Bulgarian. Here are those photos:

Next up, I am told Mickey Rourke WILL RETURN to play Tool in the sequel and all those fretting over the departure of Jet Li may have a sigh of relief provided to you. Apparently Jet Li WILL RETURN for Expendables 2 but WILL NOT be filming any scenes in Bulgaria. His only scenes will take place during the filming in China.

We have also been provided with some news on the villains. Jean-Claude Van Damme's character will reportedly have his own gang or unit of mercenaries and his character's body will be completely covered in tattoos. The fact that he will have his own unit of mercenaries is clearly a carry over from the earlier released plot summary that Sylvester Stallone quickly shot down as inaccurate. In that plot description the main villain, playfully named Vilain had his own unit of mercenaries that competed with The Expendables. Van Damme presumably has the role of Vilain as we've all assumed by I'm not sure if that character name is still accurate.

Lastly, Scott Adkins (Undisputed 3, Assassination Games) has reportedly been offered a role in Expendables 2 that would seem him play a member of Van Damme's mercenary unit. Adkins has appeared with Van Damme recently in Assasination Games and Universal Soldier: A New Dimension which also features Expendables cast member Dolph Lundgren.

So that's all I have for now guys, pretty much all of that news has nothing backing it up other then the word of my source. So I'll leave it up to you guys just how much you want to believe. With filming beginning either this month or next we should know fairly soon just how accurate it all is. In my opinion, Svetlio has been a stand up guy since I first started talking with him and I think his word can be trusted on all this. But like I said, you guys decide amongst yourselves and we shall all know everything very soon. What do you guys think about all this potential news?

The Road

Post by The Road »

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT

http://www.millenniumfilms.com/ProjectD ... 8b4e4c0578

Cast:
Sylvester Stallone
Jason Statham
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Bruce Willis
Jet Li
Chuck Norris
Jean Claude Van Damme
Dolph Lundgren
Terry Crews
Randy Couture
Scott Adkins

The Expendables are back and this time it's personal! After Tool (Mickey Rourke), the heart and soul of the Expendables, is brutally murdered on a mission, his comrades swear to avenge him. They're not the only ones who want blood. Toolג€™s beautiful young and wild daughter Fiona embarks on her own revenge mission, complicating matters when she is captured and ransomed by a ruthless dictator plotting to destroy a resistance movement. Now Barney and the Expendables must risk everything to save her and humanity.

Directed by: Simon West
Genre(s): Action/Adventure
Run Time:
Rating: N/A

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

[quote]Nordling here.

The first EXPENDABLES movie doesn't seem to have anything on the new one.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

That picture was taken right before they went to play shuffleboard.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Chuck Norris sighting

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

The Road wrote:HOLY FUCKIN SHIT

http://www.millenniumfilms.com/ProjectD ... 8b4e4c0578

Cast:
Sylvester Stallone
Jason Statham
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Bruce Willis
Jet Li
Chuck Norris
Jean Claude Van Damme
Dolph Lundgren
Terry Crews
Randy Couture
Scott Adkins

The Expendables are back and this time it's personal! After Tool (Mickey Rourke), the heart and soul of the Expendables, is brutally murdered on a mission, his comrades swear to avenge him. They're not the only ones who want blood. Toolג€™s beautiful young and wild daughter Fiona embarks on her own revenge mission, complicating matters when she is captured and ransomed by a ruthless dictator plotting to destroy a resistance movement. Now Barney and the Expendables must risk everything to save her and humanity.

Directed by: Simon West
Genre(s): Action/Adventure
Run Time:
Rating: N/A
:jiz: x :ring: in the theater

FUCKING YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

YAAAAAAA TRICK YAAAAAAAAA

:rockout:
Spartan wrote:Director has been announced.
Simon West To Direct 'Expendables 2'
EXCLUSIVE: After a long search, Simon West is the choice to direct The Expendables 2, the sequel to the 2010 surprise hit action film. West, who most recently directed the CBS Films remake of The Mechanic with Jason Statham and Ben Foster, also directed Con Air, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and The General's Daughter. Production begins in the summer.

The sequel is expected to have back an original cast that includes Sylvester Stallone, Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Terry Crews and Jet Li. Stallone directed the original, which grossed $275 million worldwide, $103 million domestic. The film's produced by Millennium Films and will be released by Lionsgate. West is repped by CAA.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/simon-w ... ndables-2/
'the Mechanic' was extremely fuckin dope and so was 'Con Air'. this is such good news.

make the best action movie ever, motherfuckers.
100 million, first weekend.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

if it's anything like con air, this will be great.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

always forget that con air is not a bay-bay joint. it's the bruckheimer association that throws me off