Awake

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Tweak Da Leak

Awake

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Anybody catch the pilot or 1st episode? Hopefully they go all Lynch-ian on us but I'm pretty sure that's not the writers intentions.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

After reading the interviews with the shows head and various writers wear they basically laid out that one will be reality and the other a dream, I couldn't pull a death of the author and completely write them out. I guess I will only feel redemption in this show is if his grieving causes him to lose sanity and make the world we think is a dream into the actual real world and cause the real life death of his other family member(son or wife)

the reveal at the end of the last episode was pretty good, there had to be a cover up and i read on a couple message boards there are some repeating numbers, 55, 611.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

I want to watch this, but the ratings are already pretty low. I'm afraid it might get cancelled. I don't want to get screwed like I did with FlashForward.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

thanks for putting me onto this, i enjoyed the first two. the lead actor really pulls the show together and in general the complicated premise is handled deftly. good acting, writing and characters all around, although the wife bothers me. not sure how I feel about the whole serial/single plotline mashup alot of shows do these days, but this gave me slight LOST pangs. I'm gonna at least DVR the rest of them to help out with the ratings.

Did flashforward get good before they cancelled? I watched the first 3 or 4 but couldn't make it any farther than that.
the boy is the father to the man

citizen

Post by citizen »

perfectprism wrote:thanks for putting me onto this, i enjoyed the first two. the lead actor really pulls the show together and in general the complicated premise is handled deftly. good acting, writing and characters all around, although the wife bothers me. not sure how I feel about the whole serial/single plotline mashup alot of shows do these days, but this gave me slight LOST pangs. I'm gonna at least DVR the rest of them to help out with the ratings.

Did flashforward get good before they cancelled? I watched the first 3 or 4 but couldn't make it any farther than that.
there were episodes here and there, where it seemed like they were getting somewhere good, but overall it was pretty bad and deserved to get cancelled IMO

awake has been okay so far, it seems like they went way too far in the beginning episode, like they could have had the crash not be until episode 3 or 4, its like shows have to be very revealing way too soon in order to get people invested right away

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

The 1st episode where the procedural aspect actually was pretty good, like I said since they revealed this ain't some type of parallel universe/schroedingers cat type scenario the only way this pays off is if his 'dream world' ends up fucking up his 'real world'
UBM CD COMING SOON

citizen

Post by citizen »

after LOST, i really have no desire to hear what the writers/creators/directors/producers have to say about whats going to happen, especially when the point of the show is supposed be mysterious, i think you should just let the show speak for itself

CrabOne

Post by CrabOne »

Interesting serie but I'll wait to finish the season. When I saw the first episode of other new series like (walking dead, fringe...) the 1st episode was interesting and now It's a piece of shit...

citizen

Post by citizen »

whats with the tennis coach being all up in their business, is she going to go for the dad or the son? also im pretty sure coaches arent allowed to drive around kids and hang out at their house and such

also, the former partner who ends up being bad is pretty overused

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

I want to keep watching this show but I can't get over how easily they could figure out what is real and what is a dream by just going to to his fucking house. It's too weird to get over that the wife and son both essentially exist in a vacuum.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

perfectprism wrote:I want to keep watching this show but I can't get over how easily they could figure out what is real and what is a dream by just going to to his fucking house. It's too weird to get over that the wife and son both essentially exist in a vacuum.
What do you mean they can just go to his house? This is more like sliding doors than anything.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Dan

Post by Dan »

I'm waiting for one psychiatrist to call the other, but that would probably violate some sort of HIPPA act.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Oh your talking about cross referencing characters from the two realities, I think that comes into play the next episode.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Dan

Post by Dan »

I thought of this after I had already deleted the pilot off my DVR so I couldn't reference it.
Remember when the guy is at his home screaming for his wife, searching all over the house for her? He ends up in his son's bedroom and finds a knife and slices his hand. His wife finds him and bandages him up. What I failed to pay attention to was, did he have his hand bandaged in scenes with his son after that incident?

citizen

Post by citizen »

perfectprism wrote:I want to keep watching this show but I can't get over how easily they could figure out what is real and what is a dream by just going to to his fucking house. It's too weird to get over that the wife and son both essentially exist in a vacuum.
no, in each reality, his son or his wife would be there

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I was waiting for a character to take on two different personalities in his dreams, in the pilot or 1st episode does he see wilmer valderama's character in his dead son reality?
UBM CD COMING SOON

citizen

Post by citizen »

i like this 2 dollar bill guy as his nemesis who knows all about him

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Finally the surrealism begins...
UBM CD COMING SOON

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I'm hoping as he descends deeper into madness his dual worlds become even more 'lynchian'
UBM CD COMING SOON

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Decent enough way to wrap up the show, I thought Killen would've tightened it up a bit seeing as he knew this was cancelled but he went with the original season finale he had planned.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Dan

Post by Dan »

I haven't watched the last 3 episodes. I'm going to this weekend even though I know it's been canceled. I really did like this show and thought it was very well written.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Dan wrote:I haven't watched the last 3 episodes. I'm going to this weekend even though I know it's been canceled. I really did like this show and thought it was very well written.
Pretty much, this was a lot more satisfying sticking to than The Killing has turned out to be.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Dan

Post by Dan »

I have one episode left and now I'm really mad this show is done. That penultimate episode was incredibly strong. Will watch the finale tomorrow and know I will be saddened that there will be no more.

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

so, the verdict is a thumbs up in general? I loved the surrealistic/lynchian or whatever the fuck aspects of it but was afraid of the serial aspect. I liked the writing alot too.

It was pretty much a given that a show with strong writing, good acting and an interesting premise would be cancelled. I feel bad for not watching now :oops:

citizen

Post by citizen »

ending was decent, last episode was definitely more stylized, the whole series should have been that way