21 Jump St.

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

alpha

Post by alpha »

21 jump street was hilarious. not sure what you guys are trippin on.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Matthew wrote: Jonah Hill blows. This movie was retarded.
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Ice Cube is the only thing in this movie that kinda missed the mark, IMO.

Hill, Comedic Tatum, 'Lil Franco >>>>>>

Not liking Hill is weird as shit too. Dude even made Adventures in Babysitting 2 watchable.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Pleasantly surprised by this. Plenty O' Lols.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

PopeyeJones wrote:

Oh shit. I kept saying damn he looks like James Franco the entire time. I thought Tatum was the best out of everyone. I hope the remaining 30 minutes is good because so far I think it's whatever.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

PopeyeJones wrote:

Not liking Hill is weird as shit too. Dude even made Adventures in Babysitting 2 watchable.
I wanted to like this movie. It just felt really forced.

I have spent a few days trying to think about why, but I don't know if it is the movies or me. I haven't seen many new comedies that I fully enjoy in a couple years. The whole Apatow-style may be the cause; where the main characters are essentially "normal" people thrown in an over-the-top situation.

I can't stand the Jonah Hills, Seth Rogens, Vince Vaughns, and Jason Batemans as leading roles. With Hill, I just find his whole spaz schtick annoying and unfunny - he is the same character in every role.

With that said: Step Brothers, Wet Hot American Summer, Dumb & Dumber, Team America, Hot Tub, Arrested Development, Curb, Eastbound, Strangers With Candy, Seinfeld, etc are my ideal style of comedies. I guess I just prefer the completely goofy shit.

I don't think 21 Jump Street was the worst movie ever, but it didn't do much for me. Maybe I will watch it again on hbo or netflix and like it.

BTW, what was so great about Franco? Besides him delivering the line when he was introduced, it seemed like a pretty bland character.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

bent wrote:Re-up

The scene that's been on my mind is the ending. The dealer/hipster is shown in a positive light for the latter part, and is obviously not evil or anything. So when the officers take him away Channing Tatum says to the cops "He's my friend!".

But then they cut to him being put in a police car and we hear Tatum off screen saying "They don't serve vegan in jail, bitch."
He said it like, "He's MY friend!". Tatum was jealous of jonah hill's budding friendship with the dealer. He wasn't saying the dealer was his friend, he was being possessive of hill. Knowing that, the line about them not serving vegan in jail makes sense. He's taunting him as he's being arrested. It confused me for a second too.