The Walking Dead - Season 2

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

^I don't disagree with that , as this series is based on comic books. And I don't doubt for a second that the comic books are far less flawed than the TV show. I just would never read a comic book. Moving pictures , yall.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Blockhead wrote:I just would never read a comic book.
:smugkid:

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Blockhead wrote:Moving pictures , yall.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Blockhead wrote:^I don't disagree with that , as this series is based on comic books. And I don't doubt for a second that the comic books are far less flawed than the TV show. I just would never read a comic book. Moving pictures , yall.
Avant garde ass nigga.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Nah, I just have ADD and reading bores the shit out of me in general. Strangely enough , add cartoons and I give even less of a fuck.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Finally got around to finishing this show. I couldn't be bothered with the second half of season 2 after how dreadful the first half was, but I found the absolute best way to watch it. D/L the video wherever, then play it at 150% speed on VLC (or 1.5x on PS3).

It's fast enough that the awful, truly dreadful writing won't bog you down but it isn't too fast that you can't understand the dialogue.

Plus, each episode comes out to about 22 minutes. Fantastic!

The last two eps were entertaining yet retardulous and I'm glad they're finally moving on to the prison for season 3.

Req

Post by Req »

some pics from S3 including Merle, Governer & Michonne: http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/ ... chonne.php
F.U. MOOLAH

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

I half suspected that Merle would resurface at the prison. Why would AMC just go ahead and spoil that for everyone, though?
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

AMASK

Post by AMASK »

Danny Trejo not being cast as the Governor is absolutely fucking unacceptable to me.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

probably be down in a second, but
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Wb3m_qoDu4?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Wb3m_qoDu4?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
moved by duck muscles

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Smooth Lou wrote:Finally got around to finishing this show. I couldn't be bothered with the second half of season 2 after how dreadful the first half was, but I found the absolute best way to watch it. D/L the video wherever, then play it at 150% speed on VLC (or 1.5x on PS3).

It's fast enough that the awful, truly dreadful writing won't bog you down but it isn't too fast that you can't understand the dialogue.

Plus, each episode comes out to about 22 minutes. Fantastic!

The last two eps were entertaining yet retardulous and I'm glad they're finally moving on to the prison for season 3.
:rofl:

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V9_lkap-uFA?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V9_lkap-uFA?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Monotonous

Post by Monotonous »

looks dope

alpha

Post by alpha »

something I read yesterday is that they're taking the governor character in a different direction than the comics.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

HERSCHEL LET THY HAIR DOWN OH BOY
moved by duck muscles

elohim

Post by elohim »

Fuck yes! I have a feeling season 3 will be the best yet. 16 episodes, the prison, Woodbury and the Govenor, Michonne, etc. They also promised a lot of deaths on that preview last week..

Speaking of deaths, did anyone read Issue100? Crazy shit, I kinda thought that character might make it to the end.

elohim

Post by elohim »

This might be one of my favorite shows since The Wire, especially for cable. Complaining about dialogue in zombie shit is :wtf:, even though I think the writing and character development in this series has been excellent. Yeah, maybe they dropped the ball on Sophia in S2, but I'm not sure where else they've erred.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

elohim wrote: I think the writing and character development in this series has been excellent.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: / :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

elohim

Post by elohim »

Care to elaborate? Not sure how it could've been translated from the comic better. Maybe I used too many superlatives, but regardless. I'm still pretty stoked for an extended season. This was a perfect fit to AMC's programming. Don't get the backlash at all?

:icedit: If you expect Breaking Bad or Mad Men, you're in the wrong place; not sure how else to put it (even if id rather watch TWD than either, personally)

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

elohim wrote:Care to elaborate? Not sure how it could've been translated from the comic better. Maybe I used too many superlatives, but regardless. I'm still pretty stoked for an extended season. This was a perfect fit to AMC's programming. Don't get the backlash at all?

:icedit: If you expect Breaking Bad or Mad Men, you're in the wrong place; not sure how else to put it (even if id rather watch TWD than either, personally)
The first season had some really deplorable writing (Cholo retirement home for starters) which is why all the writers got fired before the second season. The second season was better, but it still had more than its share of problems which I discussed earlier in this thread.

Basically, the actors aren't great and I thus find it difficult to care about any of them. They just killed the most interesting character (on the tv show) in Shane, and Carl is one of the most unlikeable children ever. There was a lot of them going round in circles in the second season where not a lot happened, but they didn't really get more in depth with the characters either.

I'd really like for the show to make the leap in quality from season two to three that we had from season one to two. If that happens then maybe it will start earning some accolades.

Bringing up The Wire within three sentences of this show is blasphemy of the highest order.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Definitely agree with much of the criticism but I've still found it enjoyable regardless.

Looking forward to season 3.

elohim

Post by elohim »

jamrage wrote:
elohim wrote:Care to elaborate? Not sure how it could've been translated from the comic better. Maybe I used too many superlatives, but regardless. I'm still pretty stoked for an extended season. This was a perfect fit to AMC's programming. Don't get the backlash at all?

The first season had some really deplorable writing (Cholo retirement home for starters) which is why all the writers got fired before the second season. The second season was better, but it still had more than its share of problems which I discussed earlier in this thread.

Basically, the actors aren't great and I thus find it difficult to care about any of them. They just killed the most interesting character (on the tv show) in Shane, and Carl is one of the most unlikeable children ever. There was a lot of them going round in circles in the second season where not a lot happened, but they didn't really get more in depth with the characters either.

I'd really like for the show to make the leap in quality from season two to three that we had from season one to two. If that happens then maybe it will start earning some accolades.

Bringing up The Wire within three sentences of this show is blasphemy of the highest order.
:cheers: I completely respect that. Sorry about that 'Wire' refernce!, just personal opinion. I'm an admitted fanboy from the comics. I just disagree that Darabont interpreted it wrong in the first season. Sophia dragged too long in season 2, I said that. She's still alive in the comics, so I don't like that. But this season is crammn in so much, I'm Icesickle cysed. There will be atleast 5 seasons, maybe 6