Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Re: Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Post by drizzle »

idk if i would put THAT much stock into marie's shirt. i'm pretty sure the photo on hank's desk also has her in yelow and there's no purple to be seen anywhere.. i'm more willing to believe that either it means nothing or maybe the writers are purposely fucking with the viewers

idk if that writer is even to be trusted really. dude wrote that walt never makes mistakes, walt made a huge blatant mistake in the last episode and many more prior.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

did anyone see the thing about the alternate universe breaking bad show theory, that essentially we have been watching the villian the whole time but really the show is about hanks hero journey.

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

^^^ how is that a theory and not just the show?

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Verge wrote:
Brougham33 wrote:Anyone buy the "Walt is wearing a wire in the episode 1 opening" theory floating around out there? Read here:
http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/08/insane ... t-be-true/
fuck i wish i didn't read that. Yeah i think its possible and the story, the way that guy predicts it, would make sense, imo.
Shit is nothing, man. A lot of shows will use secondary wireless mics in case the boom doesn't pick something up.

I feel like people are getting Lost-like in the their BB obsession; insisting the producers are infallible and that every single thing that's noticed on a fourth careful watching has to mean something. Probably started with the dude who :copy: it on the Lily of the Valley clues, but shit has gotten a little out of hand, IMO.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

im somewhat more cautious after Lost as well. this is the part where the viewers' imaginations run wild. if you get caught up in some of this fantastically plausible shit it'll make whatever they really decide to do look shitty

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

PopeyeJones wrote: I feel like people are getting Lost-like in the their BB obsession; insisting the producers are infallible and that every single thing that's noticed on a fourth careful watching has to mean something.
yea i've noticed this too. the funny thing is that even in lost all those details ended up meaning nothing. and i think with BB the writers are starting to play into it too, dropping in random details that don't really mean anything just to send the nerds into a frenzy

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

The clue hunters were also right about Huell pocketing Jesse's cig, and that one was nothing more than a miniscule motion captured in a .gif
the boy is the father to the man

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

yeah but that's a tangible concrete plot development. when you start really believing that the color of marie's shirt is a prophesy of eminent doom because yellow is a color of warning signs, you might be going too far

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i'd hit

Dap

Post by Dap »

http://bookorsomething.blogspot.ca/2012 ... ilers.html

pretty crazy if his research is right

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

lol so that guy pays so much attention to detail he goes out of his way to google parts of the license plate number until it matches to something that might be vaguely related to something in the show, but the man whom Walt buys the gun from remains a mystery to him despite the fact that it's actually a returning character....

this is exactly the type of strained overthinking i was talking about above

the only bit in that which might actually be relevant is that Walt uses Skyler's maiden name on his NH license. that might actually be something tangible

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

quit reading after mid-season finally
moved by duck muscles

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

http://bookorsomething.blogspot.ca/2012/09/breaking-bad-spoilers-spoilers-spoilers.html wrote:
This number had to mean something. With all that attention to detail, why would they not purposefully pick those numbers -- even if it had a meaning that would be lost on most?
Positively Lost-ian.

This motherfucker is still obsessing over what the numbers mean in a show that doesn't even have the numbers .
Good examples of how retarded all this shit is. People are watching the eps over and over again to pick apart clues about where it's going, despite Gilligan saying they still don't really know the details of where it's going (which can be said for every television show). People are insisting that Gilligan is some crazed, long term strategy genius who has been keeping Crystal Blue Persuasion in his back pocket for 6 years, and this motherfucker says he just happened to hear it on the radio a few months ago.

LLB is right. I'm swearing off all BB writing til next season.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

PopeyeJones wrote:This motherfucker is still obsessing over what the numbers mean in a show that doesn't even have the numbers .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

oh, i was just stating that i quit reading that article after dude wrote 'mid-season finally' which seemed indicative of the dumb shit to come, not that i wasn't going to read about the show anymore. not that i read about the show outside of message boards anyways
moved by duck muscles

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

^^^ My bad. Still jacking your not-idea, tho. :cheers:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

lol i didn't even notice the 'finally' in there

clearly my attention to detail skills are too feeble to properly enjoy this show

i will thereby hang my hat in shame, turn the lights off, leave the keys to LLB and walk out into the rain

i'll be whistling 'Lilly of the valley' as i'm walking out though #yolo

Verge

Post by Verge »

Lol.

yeah that one article was the first time i read any blogs about bb and will be the last. Just reading you muhfukkas' convo about the show is enough for me, you all usually catch things i don't.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

PopeyeJones wrote: Good examples of how retarded all this shit is. People are watching the eps over and over again to pick apart clues about where it's going, despite Gilligan saying they still don't really know the details of where it's going (which can be said for every television show). People are insisting that Gilligan is some crazed, long term strategy genius who has been keeping Crystal Blue Persuasion in his back pocket for 6 years, and this motherfucker says he just happened to hear it on the radio a few months ago.
The funny thing about this is that at the end of last season everyone was praising him and the writing staff for taking the approach of writing themselves in these corners and then pulling out entertaining and creative ways out. cant be both can it. lost turned me off to the long term conjecturing and obsessive over the details and minutiae, though i still do enjoy reading about it...just not with the same Luther-esque eye for detail.

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

drizzle wrote:yeah but that's a tangible concrete plot development. when you start really believing that the color of marie's shirt is a prophesy of eminent doom because yellow is a color of warning signs, you might be going too far
was referencing the wire

the BB writers egg this kind of speculation on with the shirt stuff, but some take it too far. i wonder if there are any instances where viewers predicted something so well that writers had to change stuff around to surprise everyone?

also regarding lost, the writers of that show should have just shamelessly jacked theories from the internet. Some of them were pretty amazing, if one sifted through them all and added everything that worked they'd have been able to end it perfectly.

Someone should try to make a show like this, where the viewers determine what happens based on the most agreed upon theories
the boy is the father to the man

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

drizzle wrote:Image
:rofl: :rofl:

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

perfectprism wrote:
drizzle wrote:yeah but that's a tangible concrete plot development. when you start really believing that the color of marie's shirt is a prophesy of eminent doom because yellow is a color of warning signs, you might be going too far
was referencing the wire

the BB writers egg this kind of speculation on with the shirt stuff, but some take it too far. i wonder if there are any instances where viewers predicted something so well that writers had to change stuff around to surprise everyone?

also regarding lost, the writers of that show should have just shamelessly jacked theories from the internet. Some of them were pretty amazing, if one sifted through them all and added everything that worked they'd have been able to end it perfectly.

Someone should try to make a show like this, where the viewers determine what happens based on the most agreed upon theories

I remember reading about a fan theory that seemed to have been stolen by the writers of a film or a show. It could be for the Saw films, and how they ended. The Lost crew seem to like laboriously thought out fan explanations for the bullshit they came up with, but it's a given that the fans spent more time thinking about that show than the writers ever did.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

look how desperate we become when the end happens.

sure they could have ended it better but just like Lost and the Wire the end is never anywhere near as good as when the show was rolling

bullshit ending, symbolism was meh even if i was still caught up in my suspension of disbelief
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

capable_keL wrote:look how desperate we become when the end happens.

sure they could have ended it better but just like Lost and the Wire the end is never anywhere near as good as when the show was rolling

bullshit ending, symbolism was meh even if i was still caught up in my suspension of disbelief
You know there's 8 more episodes, right?
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

What did people think of The Shield's ending? It was a downer, but it was pretty much the only way it could have ended. It didn't just suck like a lot of shows.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Shield had a perfect ending. We all know whatever it is in BB it will be better than Sopranos.