Anyone watch the Emmys?

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

tehgiftofgab

Anyone watch the Emmys?

Post by tehgiftofgab »

WHAT THE FUUUCK @ Bryan Cranston not winning, but awesome @ Aaron Paul winning, and also what the hell is the deal with Homeland??? Won best Drama and the lead actor won as well (beating Cranston) how come I've never heard of this show?? Is it really this good?

Jimmy Kimmel is the man and also awesome @ Louis CK winning two Emmys including one for his stand up special

edit: also how is modern family funnier than curb?!?! def some mixed feelings after watchin all this

siLLy KiD

Re: Anyone watch the Emmys?

Post by siLLy KiD »

Cranston has won like the last 3 years though, right? lol

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

yea, i was hoping he would get a record or something for like getting best actor for every season he acted in lol

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Werd, I guess he woulda tied with Dennis Franz @ 4. He'll probably tie it next year though if True Blood gets snubbed again.

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

Modern family has a wider fan base, not saying its funnier but it makes sense. Even so, having shows like Louie and Breaking Bad goes to show how good tv is today. By far better than almost any movie thats coming out.

Wassup with Bourdain tho, has he ever gotten an emmy? I know his camera people have.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

oh cool martha plimpton & jermey davies with the wins
don't give a much a shit when someone loses but i guess its cool when some good peoples win
homeland was real good, good enough to erase some danes hate. can't say i can recall how it ended however
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

peace to tom berenger for that matter
moved by duck muscles

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

tehgiftofgab wrote:what the hell is the deal with Homeland??? Won best Drama and the lead actor won as well (beating Cranston) how come I've never heard of this show?? Is it really this good?
Nope.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

fuck this shit

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Did that 2 1/2 men dude win again?
UBM CD COMING SOON

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Harry Hater wrote:
Wassup with Bourdain tho, has he ever gotten an emmy? I know his camera people have.

I don't know how much he has a hand in producing but his hosting really isn't that great. No Reservations is all about the places, people, and food and while I love Bourdain that show is heavily produced(and dope as fuck).

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

that dude did win againly gin gin and is thusly the greatest representation of why it would be pointless to look towards these awards in anger
moved by duck muscles

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Trademark wrote:
Harry Hater wrote:

I don't know how much he has a hand in producing but his hosting really isn't that great. No Reservations is all about the places, people, and food and while I love Bourdain that show is heavily produced(and dope as fuck).
I wouldn't watch that show without Bourdain as frontman.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

Trademark wrote:I don't know how much he has a hand in producing but his hosting really isn't that great. No Reservations is all about the places, people, and food and while I love Bourdain that show is heavily produced(and dope as fuck).
you're drunk

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

-Modern Family is actually a really fucking good show from what i've seen. I don't watch it consistently at all but I've seen episodes here and there and every episode that I've seen has either entertained me or really fucking impressed me with how genius it was. Louie or parks and rec should've won for best sitcom but i can't hate on Modern Family.

-Homeland is fucking really good. I'm half way through it and it's edge of your seat stuff.

-Cranston really should win every year. The guy from Homeland has been remarkable from what I've seen so far during the first half but Cranston is just sooooooo amazing it's not even funny.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Emmys are stupid. Big Bang Theory shits on that awful modern family. How the fuck does anyone at all watch that shitty show. People of Hollywood Comedies are supposed to be funny. If I am not laughing you failed at life.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

MF Can be funny enough for what it is, pert sure gregg pappi is the first person of this human race to use the word genius in association with it. woof. Big Bang gets a woof woof with the extra woof representing added disdain. onion article above gets a :blank: with a consideration of a quarter of a copy:, consideration denied. the television is your friend and friends are for your mad cow days
moved by duck muscles

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

LLB deserves an award for each of his posts.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Ramen wrote:
Trademark wrote:
Harry Hater wrote:

I wouldn't watch that show without Bourdain as frontman.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Bourdain is the only reason food reality shows exist today. He fathered so many styles.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

The broadcast has been getting criticized, probably because of the low ratings. I was actually surprised by how decent I thought the broadcast was. Kimmel did a nice job.

Modern Family has been good in the past, but it was winning legacy awards, IMO. The last season of that show was pretty bad. Julia Louis-Dreyfuss winning for comedic woman was well deserved.

I'm fine with Daines winning best female in a drama, but the dude from Homeland winning is a little :wtf: . Last year was Cranston's best on the show, IMO. Would have liked to have seen Esposito beat out Paul for best supporting male, but not complaining. Homeland is a good show for sure, but I don't really think it's qualitatively better than Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, or Mad Men (which I don't even watch). Mad Men going 0-17 in what many have said was its best season is kind of nuts (although I guess this last season was kind of polarizing).

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

ThaJim2 always championing the shittiest sitcoms on tv, two broke girls, big bang theory, I'm surprised you haven't attested to the greatness of the new TBS comedy lineup.
UBM CD COMING SOON

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

sheeit, have no idea what else is on TBS but they gots cougar town now, so can't hate. very funny/very money
moved by duck muscles

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:ThaJim2 always championing the shittiest sitcoms on tv, two broke girls, big bang theory, I'm surprised you haven't attested to the greatness of the new TBS comedy lineup.
Don't care for 2 broke girls but that shit is funnier then Modern Family.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

I'm with Jim2 on this one, modern family kinda sucks. I try to give it chances because I'll watch anything with al bundy in it and that chick with the boobs is a piece, but beyond those 2 things and a mild appreciation of the shows fairly witty writing I don't really enjoy it at all. Witty doesn't always equate to funny and this show proves it amply, and most of the characters are gratingly annoying.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

LilLeftBrain wrote:MF Can be funny enough for what it is, pert sure gregg pappi is the first person of this human race to use the word genius in association with it. woof. Big Bang gets a woof woof with the extra woof representing added disdain. onion article above gets a :blank: with a consideration of a quarter of a copy:, consideration denied. the television is your friend and friends are for your mad cow days
Man, that walmart episode that they had was fucking awesome. I don't care what anyone says.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Modern Family is a decent ensemble show don't think its all that great but def better than dreg like BBT or the new incarnation of Two and a Half Men.
UBM CD COMING SOON

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

was the walmart one a christmas episode? feel like i remember the one daughter dressing up like an employee somewhere on christmas once but that's about all i can recall. the show's above dreck, was just sniping at the genius comment. it's pleasant enough to watch every week, despite the fact that, as mentioned above, a majority of the characters are wholly unlikable and not in any sort of a pleasant way
moved by duck muscles

Dan

Post by Dan »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
LilLeftBrain wrote:MF Can be funny enough for what it is, pert sure gregg pappi is the first person of this human race to use the word genius in association with it. woof. Big Bang gets a woof woof with the extra woof representing added disdain. onion article above gets a :blank: with a consideration of a quarter of a copy:, consideration denied. the television is your friend and friends are for your mad cow days
Man, that walmart episode that they had was fucking awesome. I don't care what anyone says.
I vaguely remember a scene taking place at a Target, but can't remember anything else about it.