Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

jamrage

Re: Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Thread

Post by jamrage »

Fuck Yeah!

That black dudes bashing his head in behind Jax's reaction shot was so fucking brutal. I thought Jax would pick Tig and kill two birds with one stone. :smugkid:

So we've established that the home invasion guys aren't working for Pope. That leaves an inter club beef, they're working for Clay, or working for an as yet unrevealed third party.

I didn't really understand why Gemma beat the fuck out of the whore when she's clearly wanted Clay dead for a while. I guess she still loves her man after all.

Great episode, I hope there are more like this during the season.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Op has been wanting out of life for awhile now so I wasn't shocked but the way it went down was brutal. I had that same feeling like when Lem was killed after watching this episode.

alpha

Post by alpha »

some asshole ruined the death before I watched so I looked for some sign if Opie knew...shit was cut so quick from Opie finding everything out to it being him or Chibs. Chibs looked ready(nh) and Opie just looked sad. fwiw.

Jax dropping the "i'll find out who you are and i'm gonna kill you" to the guard after was gangster, but why not play that card earlier?

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

alpha wrote: Jax dropping the "i'll find out who you are and i'm gonna kill you" to the guard after was gangster, but why not play that card earlier?
What would it have accomplished? Pope certainly appeared to be the far greater threat to the guard.

Jax didn't know he was getting out of jail before then, and was completely powerless against the guards before Opie died.

Once he knew he'd be released he could drop that threat. I didn't think the guard was particularly scared, I'm sure he'd been threatened many a time before that.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

moved by duck muscles

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

half sack :owens:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

jamrage wrote:I thought Jax would pick Tig and kill two birds with one stone. :smugkid:
same here.

rest in peace to half sack too
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

ardamus wrote:
jamrage wrote:I thought Jax would pick Tig and kill two birds with one stone. :smugkid:
same here.

except for the fact that pope explicitly said that he wants tig alive and to rot in prison. other than that yeah would have been a great pick.

Post by 907 »

Half sack beat an 82 year old woman to death, fuck an rip. Shit is wack.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

jay

Post by jay »

907 wrote:Half sack beat an 82 year old woman to death, fuck an rip. Shit is wack.
Must not have been a recent development either for Sutter to throw him under the bus like that in his official statement

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

sutter -
not sure if folks know this yet, but johnny lewis (halfsack) died last night. the sad irony of it happening two days after opie's death is not lost on me. it was a tragic end for an extremely talented guy, who unfortunately had lost his way. i wish i could say that i was shocked by the events last night, but i was not. i am deeply sorry that an innocent life had to be thrown into his destructive path. yes, it's day or mourning, but it's also a day of awareness and gratitude. sadly, some of us carry the message by dying.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

i wonder what sent him...over the edge

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

tehgiftofgab wrote:i wonder what sent him...over the edge
clay killing piney

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Ope has been waffling the entire series, then he kind of finally decides to run with the club and dies the next episode.
I swear we say this like every other episode but THIS really does look like the breaking point for Jax, good cause everyone else who ever died was for nothing.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Philaflava wrote:Op has been wanting out of life for awhile now so I wasn't shocked but the way it went down was brutal. I had that same feeling like when Lem was killed after watching this episode.
Lem's death was way more brutal to the audience.
UBM CD COMING SOON

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

ALASKA wrote:
ardamus wrote:
same here.

except for the fact that pope explicitly said that he wants tig alive and to rot in prison. other than that yeah would have been a great pick.
I know what Pope said.

It would have been a way for Jax to regain a bit of power in the relationship. Plus, Tig would have died badly at the hands of a gang of black dudes. I think Jax has already realized that Tig is going to die anyway, why not see if that would have been good enough?

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

jamrage wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
ardamus wrote:
same here.

I know what Pope said.

It would have been a way for Jax to regain a bit of power in the relationship. Plus, Tig would have died badly at the hands of a gang of black dudes. I think Jax has already realized that Tig is going to die anyway, why not see if that would have been good enough?
how would that have given him power?

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

Philaflava wrote:Op has been wanting out of life for awhile now so I wasn't shocked but the way it went down was brutal.
Opie's been dead since Donna got killed. Then he died again when Clay popped his pops. The actor's been great throughout the series, but at least they finally had the good sense to put the dog down for good. Sucks because there should have been some real fallout from all of that.

Hate when Juice gets written dumb. Hate everything Gemma's done so far this season. Really don't need Tara to continue this evolution into Gemma-lite.

Man, Jax stays getting poor father figures on this show. Leadership lessons from Pope should lead to some interesting shit, though.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Katy must be getting divorced from Kurt because he has done her dirty all season with the worst writing and storyline.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Opie's death was poetic and shit, but Jax is the worst "criminal mastermind" in possibly the history of television.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I really like Jax but he needs to stop with that puffed out chest thing he does every time there is trouble arising. He is basically SYMANTIKS with a beard.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Actually Op's death makes sense. Given that Jax told him everything that was enough to make him say fuck it. And Jax lost it all when he saw him die so him hunting down that guard will be some ill shit.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Philaflava wrote:I really like Jax but he needs to stop with that puffed out chest thing he does every time there is trouble arising. He is basically SYMANTIKS with a beard.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jax = FOREVER RUINED.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ardamus wrote:Actually Op's death makes sense. Given that Jax told him everything that was enough to make him say fuck it. And Jax lost it all when he saw him die so him hunting down that guard will be some ill shit.
His vengeance extends (nh @ "His vengeance extends") well beyond that low-level correctional officer. He's just on Pope's payroll. Jax now has to avenge Opie and Tig's daughter and the reputation of the club by dismantling, painfully, every single piece of Pope's operation and network. And whoever Pope is he has clout to interfere with a collaborative effort between the Galindo cartel and the CIA. That's in addition to being exceptionally ruthless and highly intelligent.

I have no idea how Kurt Sutter is going to write the above in a way that is close to believable.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

ALASKA wrote:
jamrage wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
ardamus wrote:
same here.

I know what Pope said.

how would that have given him power?
Because it takes Tig off the table as something that could be used to manipulate Jax down the line. If he's dead it also removes the reason why Pope is fucking with the Sons in the first place.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

jamrage wrote:Because it takes Tig off the table as something that could be used to manipulate Jax down the line. If he's dead it also removes the reason why Pope is fucking with the Sons in the first place.
Jax had no leverage when he had his little sit down with Pope. No one, not even the viewers, know exactly who this guy is or how extensive his connections are. Pope explicitly laid out two demands and one threat: one dead Son, 50% of the take from their mule business, and he strongly implied he would hurt the other Sons' families. He also made it clear that it was in no way a negotiation. And whether Tig is dead or not, Pope's personal mission is to dismantle and kill the Sons. He will never stop unless he is stopped. They are responsible for the murder of his child.

Had Tig gone into that room to die, Pope would have the remaining Sons, at least the ones in prison, killed before sunrise.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Employee wrote:
jamrage wrote:Because it takes Tig off the table as something that could be used to manipulate Jax down the line. If he's dead it also removes the reason why Pope is fucking with the Sons in the first place.
Jax had no leverage when he had his little sit down with Pope. No one, not even the viewers, know exactly who this guy is or how extensive his connections are. Pope explicitly laid out two demands and one threat: one dead Son, 50% of the take from their mule business, and he strongly implied he would hurt the other Sons' families. He also made it clear that it was in no way a negotiation. And whether Tig is dead or not, Pope's personal mission is to dismantle and kill the Sons. He will never stop unless he is stopped. They are responsible for the murder of his child.

Had Tig gone into that room to die, Pope would have the remaining Sons, at least the ones in prison, killed before sunrise.
this

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Employee wrote:

Definitely agree that Jax had no leverage. Removing Tig from the equation might have given Pope more reason to leave the Sons alone later on because he'd gotten as much revenge out of Tig as he could. It would have been a gamble, but I think it would have created a lot of interesting creative opportunities and perhaps given the audience more of an idea on what Pope is all about.

If Sutter had played the self sacrifice card with Tig the way he did with Opie I personally think it would have made for an even more interesting episode.

We'll never know now, and it's not a huge complaint. I really enjoyed the episode.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Employee wrote:
ardamus wrote:Actually Op's death makes sense. Given that Jax told him everything that was enough to make him say fuck it. And Jax lost it all when he saw him die so him hunting down that guard will be some ill shit.
His vengeance extends (nh @ "His vengeance extends") well beyond that low-level correctional officer. He's just on Pope's payroll. Jax now has to avenge Opie and Tig's daughter and the reputation of the club by dismantling, painfully, every single piece of Pope's operation and network. And whoever Pope is he has clout to interfere with a collaborative effort between the Galindo cartel and the CIA. That's in addition to being exceptionally ruthless and highly intelligent.

I have no idea how Kurt Sutter is going to write the above in a way that is close to believable.
Oh yeah, his vengeance is some other shit. I just meant that as part of it. Pretty sure, Jax is gonna find out more shit that will he can use to his advantage against Pope later on. Good start to the season so far.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

That was a brutal death for poor old Op and it should have been Tig...Op would still be alive if it wasn't for Tig's foolish actions, why did Jax not choose him?, Tig is not loyal and has caused SAMCRO a lot of grief in short he is a fucking scumbag.