Homeland season 2

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Re: Homeland season 2

Post by Blockhead »

The scene where they are listening to Carrie get banged out was LOLZ.
Saul's :fail: :owens: face was priceless.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

Blockhead wrote:The scene where they are listening to Carrie get banged out was LOLZ.
Saul's :fail: :owens: face was priceless.
"she's turnin it around!"

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

this season has sucked compared to last season.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:this season has sucked compared to last season.
not sure if I'd use such strong words, but I agree that these last couple of episodes haven't been as strong as last season or the start of this one. that being said, i think the show is gonna be in a tough spot moving forward. Part of what i like about the show is that they keep the plot developing faster than is expected, but that can wind up being a huge issue as well. This season started off crazy and really intense and was moving the plot along much faster than anticipated but now they are kinda stuck with how they set everything in motion and I don't know how long they'll be able to keep the pace/plot going without becoming more hokey or much less believable. Rambling aside, this show is still really fucking good and the first season set a high bar for subsequent ones.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:this season has sucked compared to last season.
Agreed. It's suffering from that impossible combination of being preposterous, corny, and over the top while also not having annnnyyyy sense of humor about itself at all.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

First four or 5 episodes have started out like a house on fire....which was a change from last season's slow burn imo.

But since then, it's been a well acted soap opera.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:First four or 5 episodes have started out like a house on fire....which was a change from last season's slow burn imo.

Yeah.

TBF, I think I'm just mostly backlashing on shit winning so many emmy's, but it has been insanely event driven and non-character driven, which just ain't classy. When I'm basically asked to believe that the show's version of Bin Laden can just show up in U.S. to directly deliver a message to a quadruple crossing V.P. candidate in a suburban parking lot, I'm calling foul. (BB has just as much preposterous shit, but it' a genre caper that isn't always taking itself that seriously -- it's like if The Sopranos or Wire or Boardwalk wanted to play it straight while selling the audience a bridge at the same time, which they never did).

[/ :arrow: ranting]

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

PopeyeJones wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:First four or 5 episodes have started out like a house on fire....which was a change from last season's slow burn imo.

Yeah.

TBF, I think I'm just mostly backlashing on shit winning so many emmy's, but it has been insanely event driven and non-character driven, which just ain't classy. When I'm basically asked to believe that the show's version of Bin Laden can just show up in U.S. to directly deliver a message to a quadruple crossing V.P. candidate in a suburban parking lot, I'm calling foul. (BB has just as much preposterous shit, but it' a genre caper that isn't always taking itself that seriously -- it's like if The Sopranos or Wire or Boardwalk wanted to play it straight while selling the audience a bridge at the same time, which they never did).

[/ :arrow: ranting]
yea, i agree. still better than 24. i don't know what their plans are for the future, but it's obvious there's gonna be more season(s) after this one. they should've just planned to conclude everything tidy with this season. still dig it tho

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

the milf titties are back!

interesting plot development(s)...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

jessica? i really dig her bod.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

i didnt mean milf titties as a bad thing. she's smokin

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Show is so hilarious

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Yesterday was the worst episode of whole series. Continues like this and I think I'll have to stop watching. And this is coming from someone who still watches every True Blood episode.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Shit got a little 24, but it's still dope. Faggz act like Sopranos and The Wire never threw duds out there.

Guun

Post by Guun »

blastmaster wrote:Shit got a little 24, but it's still dope. Faggz act like Sopranos and The Wire never threw duds out there.
fo' real.. between the dude miraculously returning from the hospital and the pace maker that can be hacked over the airwaves.. shit is getting kind of corny.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Apparently the pacemaker shit is actually possible (or so a guy at work told me). I was way more pissed about the Skype sessions on the blackberry. WTF.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Shit has been wack and corny for a while now. This week was just over the top awful. Glad to see it got eviscerated in salon. Shit is out of the rotation for me, I think.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

i'm not ready to jump ship so quickly but i'm admittedly frustrated/disappointed with how a show that seemed to be (loosely) based in reality (last season at least) has now become SUPER over the top and forced. not really sure how they get things back on track at this point....

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

Man, I have the exact opposite reaction as most of you...

I think this season is much more in line with a classic political thriller and, while some of the suspense set-pieces might be a little over the top, it's easier to digest than the truly unbelievable character traits/actions of the first season. I never really bought the conceits of season 1 -- every character had such absurd back-stories and puzzling actions. I never bought that Carrie would fuck a target. I never bought that someone could be turned like Brodie was. I never bought that the CIA wouldn't realize they have a schizophrenic working for them. I never bought the Jamey Sheridan caricature of Dick Cheney. And on and on and on.

The 24 comparisons are apt, but only to say that this is what 24 should have been and not the glossy, reductive, shallow, lowest-common-denominator, cheap thrill a minute bullshit that it was.

With all that said, the Carrie/Abu Nazir/Brodie/Skype/pacemaker shit was hilariously ridiculous. So, so bad.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Funny thing is the guy that wrote this episode also wrote Q&A, which is the best this season and has one of the best scenes in recent tv history.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I also was expecting and looking forward to the show dealing more with Carrie's mental issues. Instead they all disappeared except for an occasional tear up.

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

Yeah the pacemaker shit is legit:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/12/busin ... .html?_r=1&

The problem with this show is that they are writing it by the seat of their pants, no one anticipated the success and critical acclaim and Lewis's absolute obliteration of his role in the show and the subsequent renewal of seasons..I feel like they are trying to extend it as far as they can and as of last ep they have gotten to a tipping point. I wish they'd taken a couple years hiatus and really figured out what they wanted to do because this shit reeks of laziness. They are forcing the Brody/Carrie thing way too much and there are way too many superfluous characters floating around at this point. The show is running out of steam bigtime and there needs to be some crazy shit going down in the last two eps to be able to save it.

great article on the last episode:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood ... ken-hearts
the boy is the father to the man

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

The Ivy League Nigga wrote:Man, I have the exact opposite reaction as most of you...

I think this season is much more in line with a classic political thriller and, while some of the suspense set-pieces might be a little over the top, it's easier to digest than the truly unbelievable character traits/actions of the first season. I never really bought the conceits of season 1 -- every character had such absurd back-stories and puzzling actions. I never bought that Carrie would fuck a target. I never bought that someone could be turned like Brodie was. I never bought that the CIA wouldn't realize they have a schizophrenic working for them. I never bought the Jamey Sheridan caricature of Dick Cheney. And on and on and on.

The 24 comparisons are apt, but only to say that this is what 24 should have been and not the glossy, reductive, shallow, lowest-common-denominator, cheap thrill a minute bullshit that it was.

With all that said, the Carrie/Abu Nazir/Brodie/Skype/pacemaker shit was hilariously ridiculous. So, so bad.
yeah i feel u. i remember thinking some of those things last season...but the thing is once they have built the world of the show, season 2 is ridiculous...we take the "facts" of season 1 for granted, if we're still watching..so in that sense what is happening now cannot possibly be "believed."

ps - Jessica looked especially fuckable in this ep
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Best comedy on TV

PEACE

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

They can turn this around if the Brody Conspiracy Theory is true and he and Nazir planned to play Carrie w/ the whole kidnapping thing and Brody ends up doing some huge terrorism thing. There was a huge gap in time and explanation when Bordes and Naz met up. The whole Skype thing was a show for Carrie. KaBoooom.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Guun

Post by Guun »

blastmaster wrote:They can turn this around if the Brody Conspiracy Theory is true and he and Nazir planned to play Carrie w/ the whole kidnapping thing and Brody ends up doing some huge terrorism thing. There was a huge gap in time and explanation when Bordes and Naz met up. The whole Skype thing was a show for Carrie. KaBoooom.
I agree with this.. This is the only thing that can save the show at this point.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

She is def a fool for hiding the VP shit.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

There only a handful of shows that haven't gone off track throughout the series. And that is extremely rare.

This show, no different than SOA or Oz or even The Sopranos. We got roped in, it's throughly entertaining, extremely unpredictable (well, some episodes) and just fucking wacky.

It's hard to stay the course for long, which is why we hold shows like The Wire (weaker season 5) in high regards or The Shield. What if Deadwood continued? What do you think GOT will be like by season 4?

We got to just adjust it and enjoy it. I know I am each and every Sunday, same goes for the soap opera called Sons of Anarchy. These shows have morphed into new shows but still are very entertaining and better than most (if not all) dramas on network.