Ender's Game (Trailer)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Ender's Game (Trailer)

Post by drizzle »

IDK, could go either way

obviously the trailer has to highlight the more obvious crow pleasing aspects, and all this does happen in the book. so i'm gonna stay optimistic and assume all the salient character stuff drama that actually drives the book was simply not shown here. i'd feel better about this if they had a director that's actually capable of fleshing human emotions out of a scifi story, The Moon guy could've been good maybe

kinda seems like the thing that's the big twist in the book (which I remember being borderline obvious when I was reading it tbh) is going to be revealed right from the start here. the trailer pretty much lays it out for the taking
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

LilLeftBrain

Re: Ender's Game (Trailer)

Post by LilLeftBrain »

i read this book four times as a kid. fucking love love love. in sixth grade, after reading it for the first time i had to give a book report for it out loud. everytime i had bugger written down on my piece of paper in front of me, i pronounced it as booger. twas how i read it the entire book through. the first time they laughed and i immediately realized my error and course corrected. ender wiggin you haunting son of a bitch
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

that said, trailer's as blah as it gets, but still gonna check the imax
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

also, yeah the twist is pretty obvious from that trailer, part of the blah
maybe young kids just don't know. i want to put my self inside of them for their first reading of the book or first watching of this trailer or first watching of this movie
moved by duck muscles

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

I'm curious to re-read the book, it's been about 20 years now since the last time. I wonder how it holds up.

Funny thing though, even back then I thought the book should've been about the brother who was clearly the shit and way iller than Ender himself (as later books proved I think).
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

whenever it was announced they were doing the movie and aging up the characters i went back and read the wiki. thought about re-reading the book, but ehh, don't feel like it
never went in on any other book in the series for whatever reason
moved by duck muscles

Panama

Post by Panama »

That trailer has fucking spoilers in it
Finding out that Mazer Rackham is still alive, is a huge reveal in the book....so shitty

Loki

Post by Loki »

christ this is fucking disappointing. i can't believe i reserved the tiniest inkling of hope for this. so typical

Dap

Post by Dap »

will see this no matter what. been waiting fucking ages to see this get a big budget

one of my favorite book series

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

moved by duck muscles

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

drizzle wrote:I'm curious to re-read the book, it's been about 20 years now since the last time. I wonder how it holds up.

Funny thing though, even back then I thought the book should've been about the brother who was clearly the shit and way iller than Ender himself (as later books proved I think).
just read this for the first time. it was a pretty enjoyable read. Though I am proud to say that i was able to see the twists coming, so i think its safe to say i am as smart as, if not smarter than the average tween. :smugkid:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

I hate Harrison Ford.