Arrested Development - Season 4 (Netflix Exclusive)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

LilLeftBrain

Re: Arrested Development - Season 4 (Netflix Exclusive)

Post by LilLeftBrain »

watched about three minutes of the first episode, wasn't bad!
moved by duck muscles

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

I'm about 10 in, and I gotta say I'm really enjoying it.

ThaMexakin

Post by ThaMexakin »

The new season starts off very slow and has a few misses, but it gets better and better with each episode, and by the time episode 11 hits, this was my favorite season. 9.5/10

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

I really like these episodes, and I think I will enjoy them more the more I watch them.

I thought Running Wilde was solid also.

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

Well fuck, I couldnt even make it through the first episode, was way too fucked up. Gonna try again tonight.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

A rewatch will definitely be interesting, if only to see what I failed to pick up on the first time through.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

i think i'm already on the 7th episode or so...but i've been putting on one, and falling asleep half way through the next.

i find myself not caring that much about what's happening on this season, perhaps my viewing habits have changed in the last few years.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Finished up the whole season today.

Thought it got much better as it went on, all the call backs and ties ins were really well done, the end was a little abrupt and too open, overall it was pretty solid.

I still dont know how necessary it was, I thought, though only 3 seasons they ended it really nicely the first time. This feels a bit like a tack on, but it was still good and I really enjoyed spending time with the bluths again.

None

Post by None »

ALASKA wrote:Finished up the whole season today.

Thought it got much better as it went on, all the call backs and ties ins were really well done, the end was a little abrupt and too open, overall it was pretty solid.

I still dont know how necessary it was, I thought, though only 3 seasons they ended it really nicely the first time. This feels a bit like a tack on, but it was still good and I really enjoyed spending time with the bluths again.
It being opened ended kind of works out if they end up being able to do another story because how amazing would it be for the family having to get together to deal with the bombshell at the end of the season.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

maybe i didnt need a bombshell, but a bit more closure of the story would have been nice. I dont want to talk specifics because people are still watching. it felt abrupt.

None

Post by None »

ALASKA wrote:maybe i didnt need a bombshell, but a bit more closure of the story would have been nice. I dont want to talk specifics because people are still watching. it felt abrupt.
Oh certainly, that final moment was totally abrupt. I agree that some closure to these characters if this is the last word would have been nice. Now I'm going to eat Parmesan cheese and mustard.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Am i missing the "Bombshell"? Someone wanna put what they're talking about in a spoiler tag? Cause I'm feeling like i must have turned it off before a final thing happened if there's any talk of a "bombshell"

None

Post by None »

Blockhead wrote:Am i missing the "Bombshell"? Someone wanna put what they're talking about in a spoiler tag? Cause I'm feeling like i must have turned it off before a final thing happened if there's any talk of a "bombshell"
They arrested Buster for Lucille 2's murder. He will be having a love affair with an ice cream sandwich soon.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

How did i miss that? Did the show not end with
George michael snuffing his dad
?

None

Post by None »

Blockhead wrote:How did i miss that? Did the show not end with
?
It was after the credits.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

None wrote:Now I'm going to eat Parmesan cheese and mustard.
I like that this was a reference to the fact that Martin Mull plays Gene Parmesan in Arrested Development and played Col. Mustard in Clue.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

None wrote:
Blockhead wrote:How did i miss that? Did the show not end with
?
It was after the credits.
You're fucking with me, right?

Post by 907 »

Holly shit, really? I thought the same thing as Block, didn't see the after credits shit.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

None

Post by None »

907 wrote:Holly shit, really? I thought the same thing as Block, didn't see the after credits shit.
No joke. Probably for the lack of closure.

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

i think you guys got it all wrong.

perlman

Post by perlman »

SPOOOOIILLLER

I thought the big bomb was setting up the movie as kind of a murder mystery trial thing about Lucille 2's slip fall death.

End spoiler!
If I had a hammer/I'd build a city on stilts

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

Willie B wrote:i think you guys got it all wrong.
turns out, in fact, i was the one making the huge mistake.
i think i read in one of the articles posted in this thread that this season was just the 1st act of a story which would be completed via a movie.

anybody got any numbers for this season? is it going gangbusters for netflix. maybe the new format will make repeated viewings funnier, but i think it hurt the show on the initial viewing. it took quite a few episodes for it to pick up steam.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Willie B wrote:
Willie B wrote:i think you guys got it all wrong.
turns out, in fact, i was the one making the huge mistake.
i think i read in one of the articles posted in this thread that this season was just the 1st act of a story which would be completed via a movie.

anybody got any numbers for this season? is it going gangbusters for netflix. maybe the new format will make repeated viewings funnier, but i think it hurt the show on the initial viewing. it took quite a few episodes for it to pick up steam.
i think the biggest issue is that the movie is by no means a slam dunk, getting everyone in the same room and on the same page to film isnt a guarantee, so why leave it so open ended. I am not even concerned with the fate of buster bluth, more that so many peoples stories were left so open.

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

to leave us wanting more!!!
i want to believe they've thought this through and know exactly what they're doing. an AD movie on netflix in 2015 depending on the numbers of the 4th season. there's way too many cliffhangers for there not to be a follow up season (or 2) or movie.
hell, it took over half the 4th season just to get going good.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Willie B wrote:to leave us wanting more!!!
i want to believe they've thought this through and know exactly what they're doing. an AD movie on netflix in 2015 depending on the numbers of the 4th season. there's way too many cliffhangers for there not to be a follow up season (or 2) or movie.
I hope you are right. Seems like a gamble, but either way with a show that has had such a weird life why not go for it i guess.
Willie B wrote:hell, it took over half the 4th season just to get going good.
I agree with this, but once it got going it got going really good. If it ended a little tighter it would have been great. I love how they told the story, how it started with this extreme close up, and with every episode pulled the lens back a little more to reveal more and more of the story. great story telling, just wish it wrapped up a little better, but ultimately it is nitpicking.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I have to be honest, I'm kinda disappointed with this. I could get into it but no one really cares. It does get a little better as it goes along and there are some good parts but I just didn't think it was that funny.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

It got better but some were just too much of a rehash essentially making it watching the same episode over and over.

My favorites were ep. 4, the Buster ep, and the george michael eps. Cera was really funny even if he's punchable in real life.

nobs

Post by nobs »

maybe i am being obvious but every time Michael had one of the family members sign away it meant they weren't on board for the movie???

and at the end Ron Howard saying the killer was the only one who signed on as in Buster is a go for the movie?

i dunno! so many hidden things...

must watch again! thoroughly enjoyed it though

None

Post by None »

nobs wrote:maybe i am being obvious but every time Michael had one of the family members sign away it meant they weren't on board for the movie???

and at the end Ron Howard saying the killer was the only one who signed on as in Buster is a go for the movie?

i dunno! so many hidden things...

must watch again! thoroughly enjoyed it though

Every time the family members signed the papers Michael gave them means he secured their rights for the movie. Ron saying they only had the rights for Buster at the end is referencing Michael ripping up each of the contract telling the family members, "You're out of the movie" (which was my favorite way of them having him essentially quit the family again after quitting the family).