RIP James Gandolfini

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Tommy Bunz

Re: RIP James Gandolfini

Post by Tommy Bunz »

your boy jah blaze is right its not open to interpretation,
tony clearly gets murdered

JaH BLaZe

Post by JaH BLaZe »

Philaflava wrote:This is one of the most :ardy: things I'm about. The ending is left for your own interpretation. There is no finality to it just in case they were to revisit it again down the line. Almost every actor who was apart of the show has stated he is alive. Maybe that's just wishful thinking because they want to get $ but other than Chase alluding to some shit this whole ending has been ranked up there with Loose Change as one of the greatest conspiracy theories ever.

Everyone is conflicted because you know it would have been more artistic and complete if he died. The other half of us know we never wanted it to end.
Youre wrong , david chase said let the audience figure out how i ended it around the time the last ep aired

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

most convincing argument ever on the finale

http://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/39-2/
Chase clearly wanted the ending to be initially ambiguous and open to interpretation. However, Chase wanted us to engage the material and find the answers ourselves. The very ending itself is much more consistent with Tony dying than living. Chase could have simply ended the show with a fade to black and immediate credits if he wanted to create a “life goes on” impression. Instead, the scene cuts abruptly to black mid-scene while the audio cuts off mid-lyric to Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing. Chase does give the viewers who want to see Tony live some solace by slyly inserting Journey’s Anyway You Want It in the jukebox in Holsten’s. Here is another excerpt from Chase from the Ultimate Edition HBO Sopranos book:

“This wasn’t really about ”leaving the door open.” There was nothing definite about what happened, but there was a clean trend on view — a definite sense of what Tony and Carmela’s future looks like. Whether it happened that night or some other night doesn’t really matter.”

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Rest in peace, T!

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:shiiiiit that fucking sucks
I've been rewatching the entire Soprano's series over the past year, no bullshit I just watched the final episode where
he gets wacked
That's like, pure speculation, b.

A little trip down memory lane: http://philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=480
Finale discussion starts on page 15.
Dwight Strawberry wrote:If I wanted "The Wire" I could walk 15 blocks north and scream "NIGGER" real loud.

I know that ending...I'm dead.
:lol:

dwight strawberry went full :jaz: in that thread from page 15 on. quite hilarious
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

damn jayou taht thread made me remember/miss cats like money gripp and seiko flossberg and reevolution and arkam
Nets 2022